Patriots Steal OL Connor McDermott

jetsrule128

9 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

****. Watch him become an all pro.

Why is this always the first reaction of many folks here?

Do the Pats have some long storied history of turning Jets PS players into All-Pro players?

Woodhead.  I remember that JAG and all the hype about him.  IS there a bunch of others I'm overlooking?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

His replacement on the PS

The Jets have signed DL Marquiss Spencer to the practice squad.

Spencer (6-4, 300) was drafted by the Broncos in the seventh round in 2021 out of Mississippi State. He appeared in one game last season before signing a reserve/future contract in January. Denver waived him in August. He totaled 100 tackles, 23 TFL, 7 sacks and 1 INT for the Bulldogs in four seasons.

Aug 22, 2022

Spencer, was a Broncos seventh round draft pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. He went down with a knee injury last week, which ultimately led to the injury designation with the waiver. He was already on the bubble before that injury, so its an unfortunate situation for him.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why is this always the first reaction of many folks here?

Do the Pats have some long storied history of turning Jets PS players into All-Pro players?

Woodhead.  I remember that JAG and all the hype about him.  IS there a bunch of others I'm overlooking?

Yes, OL.  Because they've been allowed to hold with impunity for that organization for decades.

Those same guys then go to other orgs and...surprise....suck there.  Think Nate Solder.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...