Wait till next week Mike White played a terrible defense…

ECURB

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, the did move a bunch of stud defenders for picks and they lost a safety fairly early on.  OTOH, he barely lifted a finger in the 4th quarter.

The last two QBs to play them had 1 TD each… one under 200 yards the other just barely over 200…

I don’t know why everyone keep making that excuse.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Mike White huge improvement over Wilson.

That said the Jets are good and now the QB is meh instead of atrocious, White has to do it vs pressure, he has never proven he can that’s why he has been in the bench for so long.

Meh?

was the best game a QB played against that team all year…

Tom Brady lost Super Bowls because he crumbled under pressure… they all do. The answer is to get the ball out quick which MW does.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Easy for the haters to say “wait till next week”

However I am just going to leave the stats of all QBs against the Bears this year…

Strange how MW did better than all of them…

CB651A39-5D86-40BA-A30D-1F08921BB64D.jpeg

A93113F3-12DA-4688-9F92-7A5F7E09F27A.jpeg

Who is saying that? I would not have made the move, and I was doubtful of White but he was fantastic today just in basic football today so I would expect him to play well the next 2 weeks. I would think White is the QB rest of the season barring a performance that is abysmal. Pretty excited.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

That said the Jets are good and now the QB is meh instead of atrocious, White has to do it vs pressure, he has never proven he can that’s why he has been in the bench for so long.

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

This plus they were down 2 DBs, so that’s 5 starters they were down 

all that said. Bring on the Vikings 

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

3 starters missing from the secondary 

I’ll be the chief flag waiver for MW if he does it again next week  

it’s mostly a been there done that for me  

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Defensive rankings, DVOA

cheaters #1, bears #30

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Who is saying that? I would not have made the move, and I was doubtful of White but he was fantastic today just in basic football today so I would expect him to play well the next 2 weeks. I would think White is the QB rest of the season barring a performance that is abysmal. Pretty excited.

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

The only other times he has played in this league, prior to today, he has had bottom feeding “talent” surrounding him.

Now that’s not the case.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He earned the right to rescue us from Zach at least this year. 

No he didn't. This was always going to be a get right game for Zach. Because he blew it with Connor Blowghes he lost that opportunity. Zach would have been much better against one of the worst defenses in the league that against all of those top 10 defenses. Let's hope Mike White can play well against the Bills - not sure he can put up the game Zach did. Hope he can, but it will determine whether that's his last game as a starter or not. Not a game against a bad team missing starters. That being said, he played great and you can only play who is in front of you. It was a must win and it was refreshing to see him play an excellent game. This game was a nice one to gain some confidence against some tough opponents coming up.

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

No he didn't. This was always going to be a get right game for Zach. Because he blew it with Connor Blowghes he lost that opportunity. Zach would have been much better against one of the worst defenses in the league that against all of those top 10 defenses. Let's hope Mike White can play well against the Bills - not sure he can put up the game Zach did. Hope he can, but it will determine whether that's his last game as a starter or not. Not a game against a bad team missing starters. That being said, he played great and you can only play who is in front of you. It was a must win and it was refreshing to see him play an excellent game. This game was a nice one to gain some confidence against some tough opponents coming up.

Some good points, but how bad would smoke White have to play for them to pull him for Zach? Zach won’t play until we are out of contention or Mike White gets hurt. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not sure you understand what excuse means

Want me to put it in a sentence?

“Fans are making the excuse that the reason the Bears defense got absolutely torched by Michael White is because they have starters out.”

Not sure that you are sure that I am not sure what excuse means. ?

• More Ugh 1

38 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

True and false. White needs to play. He hasn't played much. He needs to stay away from throwing pics. he did well today and didn't throw any. With more playing time, he'll be more consistent and get a better feel for the offense.  He was outstanding today. And he hasn't played in over a year and it was pouring rain and I'm sure there was a lot of pressure on him to 'succeed'.  While the Bears D is pathetic, it still was a good performance by White. He made some exceptional throws and spread the ball around. Last year after the Bengals game, he was atrocious which is why they went right back to Zach.  Both these guys have to be more consistent.  Don't think Saleh and JD are giving up on Zach. White has to really impress for that to happen.  It's a good problem to have. best case scenario, they both grow into good NFL QB's and JD has a bargaining chip to make a trade. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

White obviously fits the system better than Zach. Its easier for the OC to call plays. The Vikings are def a bigger challenge but that Defense is beatable. Huge Game.

Thank you! The Vikings defense is nothing to write home about.  I mean they are probably middle of the pack.  It is their offense we have to be worried about.  If we can play a ball control, type of game and win the time of possession battle we have a chance to win this game.  Our offense should be even better next week; Moore is back in the mix, Wilson is getting ball in stride and Davis is back for his second game.   Conklin is emerging as real threat as well.  I personally believe Bam Knight may be our most talented running back after Hall, and brings a similar running style as well.   So when I look at our offense, as long as we can play turn over free football, we can match up against the Vikings offensively. 

• Upvote 3

White was awesome today and I am all for him leading this team. But that Chicago D was beat up and garbage to begin with. Saying we should celebrate this win but be reserved about his future tenure contingent on his performance/s against more legitimate adversaries isn't being a hater. It's being a realist. 

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 2

13 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Want me to put it in a sentence?

“Fans are making the excuse that the reason the Bears defense got absolutely torched by Michael White is because they have starters out.”

Not sure that you are sure that I am not sure what excuse means. ?

In that lovely sentence you put together, That would be an excuse for the bears defense not mike white chief 

22 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Some good points, but how bad would smoke White have to play for them to pull him for Zach? Zach won’t play until we are out of contention or Mike White gets hurt. 

if Mike White goes out there and throws 3 picks next week, i wouldnt be so confident that he is starting vs Buffalo. To be fair if Zach is a non starter because of his yipps or whatever else, it may be Flacco.