This is not on Zach.

Just now, xJayce said:

So wait, the D gave up 13 points today, against a team that scores, on average 25, and they sucked?

Sure, the last drive was terrible, but they did their part.

And 3 points came on the bonehead INT deep in our territory in which the D held them to a FG!.......Amazing how the D basically allowing 10 points to the team that has scored over 30 like 7 times and averages 25 PPG is the main problem when we were playing against one of the worst defensives in the and scored a whopping 17 points including 7 in the second half........

• Upvote 3

Just now, JetsMetsRangers said:

And 3 points came on the bonehead INT deep in our territory in which the D held them to a FG!.......Amazing how the D basically allowing 10 points to the team that has scored over 30 like 7 times and averages 25 PPG is the main problem when we were playing against one of the worst defensives in the and scored a whopping 17 points including 7 in the second half........

They really are a cult. Like Manson girls.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, xJayce said:

I'm not even convinced on arm talent. Saw a number of receivers either stop or come back towards the ball because it was underthrown.

That’s a touch/timing issue, IMO, not an arm strength issue. He’s afraid of overthrowing it - and he has a habit of doing this 

and I don’t just mean arm strength, but also arm quickness. He has a really quick natural release that gives him a lot of potential, but he can’t process quickly enough and isn’t accurate enough to take advantage 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Zach made enough plays to win the game. What the hell was that time management at the end? After that big play to GW, call a timeout and reset. The OL did no favors today in the running game and when it mattered most the protection was dogsh*t.

I am a Wilson supporter. I have always said we need to give him a chance….but what are you talking about? The players were doing cartwheels for those yards.

19 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He stepped up in the pocket and got hit, he didn’t run into a DE that got lost upfield and bail out the defense. The OL had a bad day and was getting pushed back all day. Zach and LeFleur went into a shell after the pick. 

I saw two sacks where, if he stayed put and throws, he's not sacked. He felt pressure, appears to panic, and runs right by a defender being blocked by someone on the oline. Said defender then simply reaches out and grabs him.

That being said, I do agree that the oline could have done better.

• Upvote 1

I think it was an overall mediocre game from him. Some wow, mostly bad. It's clear that he has talent, but at no points has he shown to the ability to actually utilize it consistently. He has never put together 4 quarters. He gets too rattled by mistakes. 

Might find success if he goes the Geno route, but at this point I don't see how Wilson miraculously becomes a competent NFL QB. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

That’s a touch/timing issue, IMO, not an arm strength issue. He’s afraid of overthrowing it - and he has a habit of doing this 

and I don’t just mean arm strength, but also arm quickness. He has a really quick natural release that gives him a lot of potential, but he can’t process quickly enough and isn’t accurate enough to take advantage 

Yeah, just based on arm talent, Wilson is elite. It’s just that he has no instincts for passing the ball to receivers in motion. In the yon olden days, the axiom was, “he’s a thrower, not a passer.”

• Upvote 3

If it were possible to run a functional offense where every play resembles a scramble drill, ZW would be a good option

But the problem is he can’t execute 80% of the standard playbook with any reliability or consistency 

The offense has no rhythm to it.  It’s a lot of all or nothing downfield shots instead of moving the chains

MW and ZW are polar opposites in terms of how they approach the QB position

The Ravens were smart to sign a backup in a similar mold to their starter so if Lamar gets hurt, they don’t need to change much 

ZW continually misses on basic throws even JAG QBs like Heinicke can make

21 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Zach Wilson doubled Mike White's passing touchdowns from the previous two weeks in one game

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

How did the offense play? For most of the game, the QB was not great.

There was some nice touch on the second TD to Uzomah though, which we have not seen much of from Zach. He'd normally throw it so hard that Uzomah would not have seen it.

man-5522892.jpg

OK.  Zach was his usual inconsistent self: some nice plays mixed with the incomprehensible ones. The "D" was also up and down: did not get much pressure on Goff, and caused no turnovers. Goal line stop was good. Felt bad for Greg the Leg missing the long one at the end: he's been money for most of this season.

My biggest take away is that finally, there have been just too many injuries on the OL to contend with any longer. No chemistry in the run blocking and none in pass protection. The guys on the field are trying, but too many faces shuffling in and out and switching positions - that string finally ran out.

Z. Wilson escaped and made some plays, and missed others MW would have had.  If MW had played, he would have made those that ZW missed, and he would have gotten buried on the plays Zach made with his legs. The QB play would not have been enough, no matter which one was playing: the pass protection was futile, and the funning attack was too erratic (and Bam went down.)

It is what it is. I hope we finish the season over .500. No matter what happens (assuming we don't get steamrolled in the upcoming games, which would be a concerning development,) the season has been a positive step forward for the whole team - players and coaches. Doing something like beating the Phish in the last game to make the playoff, or knock them out, would be a nice finishing touch. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, xJayce said:

I saw two sacks where, if he stayed put and throws, he's not sacked. He felt pressure, appears to panic, and runs right by a defender being blocked by someone on the oline. Said defender then simply reaches out and grabs him.

That being said, I do agree that the oline could have done better.

I felt like he was doing a good job staying in the pocket today but it was weirdly enough not the game to be hanging out in the pocket.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb, here. You think Zach is a starter in the NFL. Right?

I’m gonna go out on a limb here, and think that you have a one track mind, that cannot comprehend football… I would’ve been fine with Mike Namath if he was available to play. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Well the d gave up an 8 minute drive that left the ball on the jet 1 which led to the punt.  Indirectly responsible for that first td.

So, they gave up 0 points, the O goes down in flames, with a -1 yard run, and 2 incompletes, and then special teams fall apart. I can see how that's on the D... /sigh... 

image.png.67cb5c9858c2588923ff18be97431434.png

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If it were possible to run a functional offense where every play resembles a scramble drill, ZW would be a good option

But the problem is he can’t execute 80% of the standard playbook with any reliability or consistency 

The offense has no rhythm to it.  It’s a lot of all or nothing downfield shots instead of moving the chains

MW and ZW are polar opposites 

The Ravens were smart to sign a backup in a similar mold to their starter so if Lamar gets hurt, they don’t need to change much 

ZW continually misses on basic throws even JAG QBs like Heinicke can make

I liked your previous AVATAR. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If we want to be mad at LaFleur, let’s be mad at him because he has two offenses: one for Zach, and one for everyone else. Zach’s offense has a bunch of creative run sets and some play-action off of those run sets that result in downfield passes. When Zach isn’t playing, LaFleur is employing the run and shoot, which is fun, but it bogs down in the red zone and everyone wonders where the fullback is. The Jets org wasted so much time and so many resources catering to Zach Wilson’s education that they can’t get their sh*t together and it’s holding them back. 

I think the organization has a fundamental problem with the offensive philosophy b/c mike white is a prototypical qb for the system they want to run, but Wilson’s skill sets, rolling out, improvising, do not fit into this box.  It was nicely hidden with breece hall and a healthier OL.  Wilson is who he is and you’re getting more risk/reward than someone like white.  What puzzles me is why they drafted him for this offense.  

As far as today’s loss, there’s enough blame to go around, D choke, ST fail, qb missed throws and OL nearly getting the qb killed again. And the coaching fail at the end with the TO issue is particularly concerning, it was obvious to everyone they needed to use them. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Mike White with a healthy Breece and AVT and we’re making noise. Just too many blows at this point. Jax is going to be a struggle 

Low key, we’re seeing Saleh get exposed down the stretch. I know we don’t want to talk about it, but there are a lot of coaching issues popping up that are choking the team out. 

• Upvote 2