Breece Hall - timeline to return to boss status?

I’d say he’ll be back to 100% 2 years post op. These guys take a while to ‘trust’ their repaired knee and go all out on it. There are outliers, of course.

Yeah I think 2 years is the realistic conservative estimate to 100% .. hoping for 70% in October.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I think he returns around Week 6 next year. Each recovery in terms of when back to 100% is different, but since they do the rest first it's about 10 months. He might make last week of practice, then 4 game IR and 2 weeks to get in football shape.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Adrian Peterson whipped his knee back into shape like it was a misbehaving child.

Sequon Barkley seemed to take 2 years to get back where he was.

What’s the realistic time range to see Hall back?  He was getting better by the week before the injury, so it’s fair to expect him better than ever, but when? 

I’d say week 1 2024 we get the beast back.  We get a good enough version of him next season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

I’d say he’ll be back to 100% 2 years post op. These guys take a while to ‘trust’ their repaired knee and go all out on it. There are outliers, of course.

My only hope is the way it happened. Breece kinda got twisted, rather than joking and having his knee give out. I'm hoping that helps the mental side of the return.

11 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Adrian Peterson whipped his knee back into shape like it was a misbehaving child.

Sequon Barkley seemed to take 2 years to get back where he was.

What’s the realistic time range to see Hall back?  He was getting better by the week before the injury, so it’s fair to expect him better than ever, but when? 

Luke Skywalker Meditation GIF by Star Wars

Attack Of The Clones Wisdom GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

At least we know that when he returns to form in 2024, he’ll stay healthy after that, because running backs rarely have more than one  injury. (It’s why so many teams like to draft them in the top 30 or so picks.)

For Real Agree GIF by Dude York

I really find it difficult to understand the people saying we overdrafted Breece.  Using a top 10 pick on a RB historically isnt great but he was picked in the second round, how is that bad value?  Did you watch him play this season? On top of his ability, the second round historically is a good spot to find elite RBs - Chubb, Dalvin Cook, Derrick Henry and Miles Sanders are all second round picks, so what exactly is the problem? 

As for the original topic, Dalvin Cook is a good example as he tore his ACL early in his rookie year. He played 11 games the following year rushing for 600 yards.  Since then he has put up over 1100 every season with 30+ catches.  My hope is that Bam McKnight is good enough to handle the majority of the RB work with Michael Carter early in the year and Breece can take his time and hopefully be fresh for games 12-17 with his carries being somewhat limited

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

JD playing cheapskate on that pickup.  Got to save the 5th at all costs.  Fat f***.  Robinson would have been perfect against Jaguars.  Nope, we saved that 5th.

Well, when we draft our future starting C or a monster IDL-man in the 5th round this year you may think differently about that 5th rounder we saved. 

• Haha 1

Why not look it up? Most fans here are using Saquon Barkley as a benchmark, but he’s more of the exception than the norm. I also think a lot of it is dependent on the injury. Dobbins had a crazy knee injury (tore everything). Barkley had an ACL year, partially torn meniscus, and sprained MCL. He also was coming off a serious ankle injury. 

Breece’s injury was pretty standard. Minor meniscus and Torn ACL. These guys who get ACL surgeries comeback stronger than before a lot of times because the knee is so much stronger. 

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.com/analysis/the-impact-of-acl-surgery-on-fantasy-performance-running-backs/

Discussion Points

• Excluding players who retired after their ACL injury, the vast majority of players were more efficient in yards per attempt, yards per touch, and fantasy points per game in the second year following ACL surgery.
  • Age does seem to matter. Younger backs in this sample (younger than 26) were more likely than veteran backs to have a bounce-back season in year two after ACL surgery, at least when you look at efficiency metrics and fantasy points per game. Unfortunately, late career ACL injuries have the potential to be career-threatening (Darren Sproles, Lamar Miller, etc.)
  • I was really hoping to have a much bigger sample to draw from here, but the reality is that fantasy football managers should use this data for younger players. To illustrate this, take a look at Rashaad Penny, Dion Lewisand Dalvin Cook‘s data above. Not only do we know younger athletes heal more reliably than veterans at the back of their career, but these athletic players struggled in year one then had a boom in production and efficiency in year two.