That was quite possibly the most disappointing display I have ever seen.

hawk

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Top three worst Jets loss I’ve ever experienced. First was Parcells in Denver with the Curtis Martin fumble. Not sure what #2 was—probably something with Pennington. This was #3 though. Every question we had about this current group was answered in the negative.

For me, the first was Parcells in Denver.  The 2nd and 3rd were the Rams and Cleveland losing to us in 2020.  

14 minutes ago, Vader said:

Saleh gave up. He said it last week. "It's not about the playoffs."

Actually, that is exactly what it was always about. 

I dont think that's what he meant. But I get it. There should be a different and concrete message that we are fighting for our playoff lives. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Top three worst Jets loss I’ve ever experienced. First was Parcells in Denver with the Curtis Martin fumble. Not sure what #2 was—probably something with Pennington. This was #3 though. Every question we had about this current group was answered in the negative.

Very selective memories guys, this is not even top 5 of terrible losses. What about fake spike game? Fitz crapping his pants in Buffalo? I won’t even talk the playoff losses.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I think what puts this one into the top 3 is the prospect of the future is so damn bleak. I'm not seeing a way out that even has the potential of being better. 

Mud Bowl

Fake Spike

Browns Playoff game

Denver '98 playoffs

Doug Brien FG miss

Leon Johnson HB pass vs Lions '97

Spotting Pittsburgh 17 in the AFC Championship Game 

Buttfumble

And on and on. This one barely registers...

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Mud Bowl

Fake Spike

Browns Playoff game

Denver '98 playoffs

Doug Brien FG miss

Spotting Pittsburgh 17 in the AFC Championship Game 

And on and on. This one barely registers...

But there was still hope that next year would be our year. 

I actually feel NO HOPE right now. None. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

#2 loss at Buffalo in 2015

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This isn’t even in my top 10, and yet, I fear you are right about this coach. Major step back today. 

not sure I’ll believe in him again until I see him in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JiFields said:

back to back games, just completely non-competitive.  This is the most embarrassing collapse I've ever seen from a professional team.

It's not even the worst collapse in the afce this year. 

Next week will determine who's is ultimately worse.  I'm betting on the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We were 7-3, we’ll finish at 7-10.  Thats pretty bad.  SALEH is a FRAUD.  

Oh it's bad, but where does it stack up against the Kotite years, Mangini's last year (we were 8-3 and the team quit on him down the stretch, while Favre was exposing himself to the PTs), the Bellicheck press conference, shall I go on?

When the sting of just how putrid this was wears off, we'll realize that we are a QB, o-line depth, and some healthy legs away from being a decent team next year.  We ran out of gas.  Not saying it won't get worse (Woody could rear his ugly head), but the cupboard is not as bare as it has been in other years. 

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I started watching during the Coslet era

Seriously, I thought you were my age or so. I became a Jet fan in 1974 or so, when Namath was still on the team and was a pop culture icon and I was too young and stupid to realize the Jets were a trash franchise and always would be. 

How did you get hooked by such icons as Bruce Coslett, Boomer Esiason, and Kyle Clifton??

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's not even the worst collapse in the afce this year. 

Next week will determine who's is ultimately worse.  I'm betting on the Jets. 

For sure it is. They benched their #2 over all pick and proceed to lose out.  This is historic

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Top 3? No. 

Top 10? Probable.

Wow, I don't know, there are so many. I can't even recall how many times they have done this to us? I remember that we had a shot at being in the playoffs and all we had to do was beat the Houston Oilers. The game meant nothing to them and they started a backup.  They destroyed us. I always take the same outlook on the Jets and it helps me to cope: "If my football team sucking is the worst problem in my life, I'm good". 

The JETs are a money making afterthought for the NFL and they don't care if we ever win again, and neither does Woody J. He is making a fortune off this team. 

• More Ugh 1

22 hours ago, JiFields said:

For sure it is. They benched their #2 over all pick and proceed to lose out.  This is historic

It was worse in 1986 when we stated 10-1 and Paul Mcguire, notorious jet hater, correctly called that we'd lose our last 5 games.

We backed in to playoffs and managed to win a game but the Browns made me cry as a kid the following week. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Seriously, I thought you were my age or so. I became a Jet fan in 1974 or so, when Namath was still on the team and was a pop culture icon and I was too young and stupid to realize the Jets were a trash franchise and always would be. 

How did you get hooked by such icons as Bruce Coslett, Boomer Esiason, and Kyle Clifton??

I came to it late. My first Jets memories were JoJo Townsell returning punts in the dark in old Foxborough, with Kenny O getting his brains beat in. I didn’t really get locked in until Coslet, though. Felt like a new day. LOSER I AM

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I came to it late. My first Jets memories were JoJo Townsell returning punts in the dark in old Foxborough, with Kenny O getting his brains beat in. I didn’t really get locked in until Coslet, though. Felt like a new day. LOSER I AM

Ironic , Saleh is looking more and more like the defensive Coslet every day . With JD playing the role of Dick Steinberg. I remember being pumped about Coslet as well the first 2 years . This game was a bit like the Houston Oiler week 16 loss back in the day . 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You blocked out Pennington being dumped like the trash on the millennium falcon and coming back to beat us to win the division the only year Brady missed eh ?