Could This Sunday's Miami Game Be Salah's Last Game As HC?...

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

If the Jets come out and play as flat as they did against the Seahawks...

If the Jet lose to the Dolphins 3rd string QB...

If they finish the season 0-6 after being 7-4...

Is there a chance Black Monday takes Bobby out?...

At least when Rex, Bowles snd Gase bottom out, you could blame it in part on the roster (even though they contributed to those rosters being built). Our roster isn’t bad. We are a playoff team with better handling of the QB position. I still don’t blame Saleh fully though, I think it’s pretty obvious he has to battle in-house to move past Zach.

• Upvote 2

Saleh is one step ahead. He is going to point to Flacco as his starting QB, patchwork OL, hell, I would not be surprised if a couple more vets "get sore" between now and Sunday and are also ruled out. Salad will say something like "we are running out of healthy bodies to field a team!!"

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

At least when Rex, Bowles snd Gase bottom out, you could blame it in part on the roster (even though they contributed to those rosters being built). Our roster isn’t bad. We are a playoff team with better handling of the QB position. I still don’t blame Saleh fully though, I think it’s pretty obvious he has to battle in-house to move past Zach.

Saleh is Herm the generic version 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

No way.  Like it or not, the Jets had a better record than last season and suffered all kinds of key injures.  He gets a pass

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Highly doubtful. The one situation I could see is Woody insistent on letting LaFleur go, Saleh refuses. Woody says it is happening whether you want it or not and that leads to a "mutual parting of the ways" with some buyout for the rest of his contract.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Highly doubtful. The one situation I could see is Woody insistent on letting LaFleur go, Saleh refuses. Woody says it is happening whether you want it or not and that leads to a "mutual parting of the ways" with some buyout for the rest of his contract.

i really dont think Woody has much choice here.  I dont see Payton wanting to come here unless Woody ante up a lot of $ which I doubt he would do and if he fire Saleh he will have real hard time finding replacement.  So for now I think we stuck with both Woody and Saleh.

13 minutes ago, Larz said:

Some fans just want to watch salad burn 

Indeed. I'll give anything for this to be his last game. And because I love the Jets and love you guys so much, I'll even take one for the team...

20230106_193920.thumb.png.f1a729c3560ff862b906f7f08e14846f.png

• Haha 4

There's like a 75-80% chance he's back....if you asked me a week ago it's probably at 90-95%

The more they talk, the more clueless they appear to be.....Woody didn't hire Saleh.....If the Jets let Skyler Thompson dog walk them and we look inept on offense, there's a significant chance Woody might blow a gasket and pull a mangini on the CS....

As much as I'm souring on this group, I don't want to fire a HC and give JD, yet another pick of an HC. I'd rather wait the year and clean house if it doesn't improve. 

3 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I cant blame any of the CS including LeFleur for the destruction caused by Zach Wilson.  However, if Woody would cosider bringing Rex back, I would be all in on canning Selah

Would JD take orders from Woody as far as what HC to hire, or would JD have the final word ???

I can't see JD agreeing to Rex.  

I think he and Woody have a candid conversation about why the team fell apart and what they’re going to do in order to prevent that from happening again. And I think Woody and Douglas have the same conversation.

To be honest if those conversations happen separately I actually think Douglas looks worse than Saleh. I don’t think Saleh behind closed doors espouses everything he says to the media, he just knows what he has to say to the media to avoid a circus. “We’re just moving Mike White to QB2 because he’s earned it” a couple weeks before they bench Zach Wilson instead of saying yeah Zach’s on a short leash and we’d rather see what White does instead of Flacco.

I imagine that he’s actually going to take a thoughtful look at MLF and the staff like he did with Wilson, don’t know what the result of that will be. But a lot of the QB stuff falls on Douglas IMO - the draft picks, how he built the room. Saleh does need to take ownership for the failures of the offensive coaching staff and make changes there though. I bet Knapp would’ve made a difference, but how much?

• Upvote 1

I couldn’t find all the details on Saleh’s contract but he signed a 5 year deal and made $5 million in 2022. That’s in the middle of the pack for an NFL coach. So if he has 3 years left you figure around 15 mil left approx. when they hired him he was one of the most touted NFL assistants and prob could have signed with other teams. So who do they hire then? A retread fired NFL ex head coach like a Reich pretty well respected around the league. Or get another younger top assistant an unknown like Saleh was as a HC. Or a star head coach like Payton who will ask for 15 per season and guaranteed money for at least 5 years. Do you really think Woody wants to pay that plus money for Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Michael Kay just tweeted that Zach Wilson will be back next year because Woody is very friendly with the Wilson family and apparently politics has crept its ugly head onto the Jets decision making process-again-maybe we should storm One Jets Drive like they did to the Capital 2 years ago 

18 hours ago, jetsons said:

okay nostradamus... do you by chance have the next lotto #'s?... I can use some extra discretionary income. ?

all you have to do is read pal. Payton is under contract. he wasnt given permission last Feb to talk to Miami. why does that change now?

plus why would Payton want to hurt his new team by agreeing to this which will cost them mulitiple high draft picks and hurt his ability to get better players?

Payton isnt going anywhere this year. next year he is free to go wherever and not cost his new team any draft picks.