Brock Purdy Compete UCL tear & How it affects the Jets

choon328

The timeline for Purdys return is 6 months. That puts him coming back near week1, that's if all goes well. 

I think this takes Jimmy G off the board and it is more likely he will re-sign with the 49ers as an insurance policy. I think the 49ers will trade Lance.

The cost for Carr and Rodgers is only going to go up the longer teams wait. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Lots of assumptions there. Week 1 is 7 months from now. He’s getting a second opinion.

With that said, if this takes Jimmy G off the table, I’m ok.

If I’m the 49ers, I’m going Lance if Purdy is not ready. Jimmy G is not the answer. 

He probably won't have surgery for at least 2 weeks for the swelling to go down. 6 month recovery is if everything goes well with his rehab. 

The 49ers are SB contenders again next year. Lance looked awful in his only start this year...

13/28 164 yds 0 tds 1 int

I doubt they will go into the season with that much of a question mark at QB especially after what just happened to them in the NFC Championship game. 

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

How does this affect anything?
Do they not have a #3 overall QB that they spent 3 first round picks on?

SF isn't going to re-sign Jimmy G just to be a backup to Lance who should be healthy

next year

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Can the 49ers afford Rodgers? If Im Rodgers where would I rather go? 49ers or Jets? Hmmm

Again, the Packers are NOT trading Rodgers to a team in the NFC - especially not the 49ers. Hell will freeze over before that happens.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The timeline for Purdys return is 6 months. That puts him coming back near week1, that's if all goes well. 

I think this takes Jimmy G off the board and it is more likely he will re-sign with the 49ers as an insurance policy. I think the 49ers will trade Lance.

Can SF cap fit a Jimmy G contract? 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Brock Purdy injury doesn't impact the jets at all. He'll be back by week 1..

Regardless, the niners weren't going to go into next year with Brock Purdy as their starting QB even if he won the super bowl.

They are a smart franchise.  They know the difference between a lucky run and actual talent. 

Purdy is their future after the way he played this year, Lance will be traded before his trade value plummets even further when he's a backup again next year. 

Why would Jimmy G go back there? He's most likely not going to get the years or money you think he will in FA bc of his obey history. Most likely a glorified 1 year deal. That's the 1st thing. 

Don't underestimate the fact that he lives in SF and may not want to uproot his life if he has the opportunity to come back.  

In December Rapaport reported that the 49ers and Jimmy G have mutual interest in him returning to SF next year. Why would that change now?

6 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Brock Purdy injury doesn't impact the jets at all. He'll be back by week 1..

Regardless, the niners weren't going to go into next year with Brock Purdy as their starting QB even if he won the super bowl.

They are a smart franchise.  They know the difference between a lucky run and actual talent. 

Lucky run lol. 67% comp, 13 tds 4 int in 5 starts,  5-0. Imagine a 23 yr old rookie on the Jets put those numbers up? You ****ers would eat the corn out of his sh*t.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Exactly. They’re not able or even going to pay Jimmy G a Kazillion dollars to sit on the bench. It’ll be a Purdy vs Lance competition.

They were paying him $25 million to sit on the bench this year before Lance got hurt. 

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’ll probably just revert to Lance and hope Purdy can return to form. I was hoping the Jets could snooker Lance out of there in a deal for Zach, but like all my dreams, this one too was crushed by Hasson Reddick

IIRC, I was hoping the Jets would draft Lance because he was the swing with the biggest upside (which I felt we needed to compete with Mahomes).  It would be interesting to see if he was available.  Though it's hard to believe he would be a fit here since he's completely unproven (to go along with ZW and maybe MFW?)

My hunch right now is that he's going to bust but we'll see.