Rodgers to make decision after "isolation retreat" he will take in a "couple of weeks"

43 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Aaron Rodgers was never a good match from the start. He would drive you guys insane with his antics.

I wouldn't give 2 f**ks about his "antics" as long as he produces.

That said, Vegas would probably be his preferred destination.  Proximity to the desert + Davante and what-not.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I think you’re underestimating their salaries by a ton, but I get what you’re saying and I couldn’t agree more.

In fact, if we could get any two of those three, I don’t think we even need to worry about drafting a guy in 2024.

Maybe, surely by a little aye.  But I'm glad you get the point.

We all want an instant, total, complete, unquestionable answer at QB.  We're not likely to get one, no matter who we get.

So like the "Draft one every year", I'm potentially a supporter of "Gotta sign um' all, PokeQB!"

As I said, we need adequate at least.  Minshew, Mayfield, Heinicke, all could provide adequate, at mostly low cost.

Low cost allows up to reload in the draft (I have high hopes for O-line this cycle!) and in free agency, gaining strength all around whomever plays QB.

Combine 100x time better QB'ing the the Flacco/Wilson/BrokeWhite debacle, with a stronger deeper roster, and we do pretty ok in 2023, and can look QB with all the things in the 2024 draft as needed/desired of none of the three show promise longer term.

Maybe better (cheaper too) than chasing the flighty Rodgers or the Not-even-Cousins of Carr or the brokedown Jimmy G or their ilk.

Who knows.

JD better have a plan tho for if he doesn;t get Rodgers/Carr, because neither is even close to a sure thing.  Minshew/Mayfield/et al. may be the best options left by the time we sign or trade for a QB tbqh.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Then cut Wilson.  F'um.  Eat his cap hit JD.  Eat it.  EAT IT!!!!

It is my deep desire to see ZW Not be remembered in the same breath as Ryan leaf or JaMarcus Russell. I hope this young man grinds this off-season, and becomes a confident, balls to the walls gunslinger.

13 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

It is my deep desire to see ZW Not be remembered in the same breath as Ryan leaf or JaMarcus Russell. I hope this young man grinds this off-season, and becomes a confident, balls to the walls gunslinger.

Best of luck with that dream.  

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

The only “drama” here is from Jet fans wanting this to get done yesterday. As far as Rodgers is concerned, life is good. He’s getting paid no matter what, and he’s not stressing anything.

Yes exactly and he 100% enjoys the angst of football fans.

26 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Doesn’t make it any less dumb (IMO) but this type of stuff is way more common than people may think. Especially people with $$$

Still feel like this guy is a Jet when it’s all said and done

I read about a similar thing where you can pay to have a guide bring you out to a spot deep in the woods in Oregon and leave you to meditate for the day with no phones, no tech, no distractions: just you and the trees. Most people end up scream-crying because you inevitably start unearthing your repressed memories

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I read about a similar thing where you can pay to have a guide bring you out to a spot deep in the woods in Oregon and leave you to meditate for the day with no phones, no tech, no distractions: just you and the trees. Most people end up scream-crying because you inevitably start unearthing your repressed memories

This is where Zach Wilson needs to spend his February

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Everyone I know from Oregon is already crazy.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think he gets to decide if he plays. Green Bay has him under contract so they will determine where. Don't think he has a no trade clause, 

That's a good point there. Is there really much doubt he plays next season? I'm not too sure

• Upvote 1

I think the first thing we need to know is, would Green Bay be willing to agree to a deal or be in the same league of compensation, if in fact Aaron decided to leave. If not and we are far apart, then move on immediately. But I personally think Rodgers is worth the wait and missing out on a possible 5 or 6 year 200 million dollar contract for an average QB like Carr, is not the worst thing that can happen. We will have other options that are not as costly as what Carr would cost us, if we do miss out on Rodgers. 

But obviously some of you put more value on what Carr is worth, than I do. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Zero surprise at all.  Rodgers will milk it for all he is worth.  Zero chance he is retiring, zero.  He just loves to play his angst to the crowd.  After all is said and done in this issue he will valiantly come out and tell the world that he had to go where he was asked to go or stay and had no say in it.

And if he does end up with the jets expect all of next years off season to be this as well.

Love it.  If we're ever going to overcome the Jet curse, it's going to be with a guy like this.  I'm all in!

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I wouldn't give 2 f**ks about his "antics" as long as he produces.

That said, Vegas would probably be his preferred destination.  Proximity to the desert + Davante and what-not.

I think this is all much ado over nothing my friend. I’m betting when the dust settles he stays in Green Bay

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't think that kind of thing can happen to Rodgers until AFTER he plays for the Jets

• Haha 4