Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

30 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's almost guaranteed at this point based on the reports.

Bakhtiari, Elijah moore, Becton are names that may be included. 

Saleh did not want to fire Lafleur.  They were definitely close. Elijah's antics last year towards Lafleur and the fact that it was a distraction in general don't seem in line with what the Jets want in the building.  

Just because you are best friends with the older brother does not automatically make you best friends with the little brother.  Most reporters and people on this site don't actually get this point... 

And just because they keep forcing the narrative doesn't make it any truer

8 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

we would be set up with a legit young qb. would have been a franchise altering aquisition...but you know those 2 wins felt good!!!

We'll see what happens going forward but right now it looks like those 2 wins altered this franchise in a negative way for the next decade plus.

The only other win that I think cost us as much was the one that cost us Lawrence Taylor (the Giants jumped ahead of us in the draft due to us beating Miami in the announcer-less game).

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

The more this crapola goes on, the more I think about Bill Parcells old saying...If you're thinking about retirement, you already have.  What a colossal dumpster fire this organization will be if AR decides to retire.  You can blame ZW for all this sh*t too...we never would have been on board getting AR if ZW played as good as Trevor Lawrence has.

Pretty crazy take but ok 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Only 100 more pages until it’s as long as the nnamdi asomugha thread from 2011

Ooh, I was like a million % against Nnamdi, and in a tiny minority. Feeling good about my stance on Rodgers and Jackson right now. 

• Haha 2

While we wait, I fixed the Jets. 

—Gave up the 2nd and Corey Davis for Rodgers

—Turned around and dumped Zach on San Fran for a couple of their comp threes.

—turned a few of those threes around to Tennessee for Derrick Henry because no way is Breece Hall gonna be ready. 

0B13AE66-27D5-46F9-B485-7BF1E301C1DB.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

—turned a few of those threes around to Tennessee for Derrick Henry because no way is Breece Hall gonna be ready. 

Baby Thank You GIF

29 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Question do you truly believe this staff as it was constructed would have developed Lawrence 

i think this "developing' thing is highly overrated. i think a good qb is gonna be a good qb. sure coaching can help speed it up but the greats were gonna be great either way imo

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

t's not about the other QB's.  

Rodgers wants to be here and Rodgers will end up here  - there's close to no scenario in which that doesn't happen anymore. It's Just a matter of when and for how much.. 

GB HAS to move him - The Jets don't necessarily need him.  Right now it's a stand off between the Jet and GB on comp.  The Jets have more leverage than GB, might not be a lot more - but they do have more. -  that's all I'm saying.

i disagree.

i think Rodgers doesnt want to be here and thats the hold up. he is going back and forth on whether to come here or give up the money.

people think he wont give up the money and i agree. i just think hes looking for a way to get that money somewhere else. hes probably working with his agent to see what kind of deals he could get in retirement that could get close to that 60 mil. and from every report i hear its a done deal, all they need is for Rodgers to say yes and yet he still hasnt. hes trying to find i way to retire and still get close to that money in endorsements, commercials, maybe hosting game shows, whatever as long as all of that combined gets close to 60 mil Rodgers is gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

What are those stances again?

I’ve felt that Rodgers -while imperfect- was the best choice for the Jets all along, and I don’t think Jackson is worth two first rounders before his contract demands even come into play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Explain the Jaxon pick to me like i'm 5

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

The only explanation I have is that Rodgers doesn’t want to play for us and he’s got cold feet.

I’m worried about this for sure but by all accounts Jets don’t feel that way. They believe they are the perfect fit for him and anticipate he’s going to accept. Whether they already know or not idk, but they’re proceeding as if that’s the case.

I think (hope) a lot of it has to do with him wanting to end his time in Green Bay the right way, without having the media (whom he has made clear he doesn’t care much for) announce his intentions before he can. I’m feeling 75/25 right now but 100% sure whatever it is, he announces himself 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

i disagree.

i think Rodgers doesnt want to be here and thats the hold up. he is going back and forth on whether to come here or give up the money.

people think he wont give up the money and i agree. i just think hes looking for a way to get that money somewhere else. hes probably working with his agent to see what kind of deals he could get in retirement that could get close to that 60 mil. and from every report i hear its a done deal, all they need is for Rodgers to say yes and yet he still hasnt. hes trying to find i way to retire and still get close to that money in endorsements, commercials, maybe hosting game shows, whatever as long as all of that combined gets close to 60 mil Rodgers is gone.

Fair enough. Valid hypothesis. Would certainly explain the delay.   

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We'll see what happens going forward but right now it looks like those 2 wins altered this franchise in a negative way for the next decade plus.

The only other win that I think cost us as much was the one that cost us Lawrence Taylor (the Giants jumped ahead of us in the draft due to us beating Miami in the announcer-less game).

if we can land rodgers here it would do a lot to legitimize the jets and we could start coaxing free agents here. also we could then get the best developmental qb we could get our hands on to try to learn behind rodgers along with wilson (if we keep him). could be similar to how pedro martinez helped elevate the mets from the laughing stock they had become

One twist I can see is trade agreed to but happens on June 2. Much more favorable for GB. The longer thus goes the less likely it us to happen and I think there is another team in the mix. I would not trade for Rodgers 

With all due respect trade compensation and the market for players in 2023 has nothing to do whatsoever with what it was unique eear.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 3