Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Georgia did that.  Bennett was along for the ride. It's a team sport. 

defensively they were stacked but on offense he moved the chains a lot more than he gets credit for

but yeah he’s old

back to Rodgers watch, where the entire Jets organization is on their knees for a 40 year old

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Basically the Pack has said they don’t want him back. They especially don’t want to pay him on that contract. And no real rumored other teams want to sign him. As for Jets why bid against yourself offer GB a low ball offer including paying part of his salary. As to Rodgers. He’d be nuts to retire now. Would he really leave that kind of money on the table. The Jets are in the drivers seat unless Woody screws up. 

Really doesn't matter if GreenBay doesn't want to pay him he still gets 58 million in Guaranteed money if he refuses to be traded and won't play for another team Greenbay would have to cut him after June 1 to spread out the 58 million cap hit then he be a FA free to sign anywhere. I think he is considering that he doesn't have to play for the Jets he could just wait it out. 

2 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Really doesn't matter if GreenBay doesn't want to pay him he still gets 58 million in Guaranteed money if he refuses to be traded and won't play for another team Greenbay would have to cut him after June 1 to spread out the 58 million cap hit then he be a FA free to sign anywhere. I think he is considering that he doesn't have to play for the Jets he could just wait it out. 

This is hilarious.  What is he going to wait for ? No one is going to wait until June to have their QB. At least no one as good of a landing spot as the Jets, whatever you think of them. 

• Upvote 1

He also does NOT have a no trade clause. He can retire instead of getting traded. But that’s his only leverage. The Packers aren’t going to leave this situation empty handed and if Rodgers wants to continue playing, it’s the Jets. 

If arod signs with the jets joe gets major credit if however arod passes on the jets joe should get Lamar - if the jets end up with no viable qb joe should be fired 

he has now had years to get a viable qb and we have none and that will be his fault 

20 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

You’re right but he’s not going to retire because then he won’t get anything. GB won’t pay him not to play he’ll return to the Packers. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

This is worse than The Decision with Lebron. 

Y'all need to stop with this comparison lol. It's not even remotely in the same stratosphere as "The Decision"

Nothing in the sports world will ever come within a country mile of that debacle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

So if hooker is old and player an immature college offense shouldn’t he go in the third or fourth? What I like about the kid is that he seems like such a friggen GAMER. If he doesn’t pan out he can go the way of capn morgan. I would trade Zach for the pick.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I’d trade Zach for Hendon, straight up.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1