Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

I've been periodically punching myself in the nuts just in case Rodgers decides to humiliate the Jets by retiring rather than playing for them and  collecting 100+ million dollars, and then for the realization that Marcus Mariotta is going to be our QB in 2023. 

Damn this friggin team.

• Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I think the "little" extra patience has already run its course.

So immediately settle and throw $35 million a year at Jimmy Garoppolo?

I’d rather the Jets stay firmly zoned in on the upper echelon QB who makes us a legit contender. I can just step away and find something else to kill time until the decision is made.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I’d rather the Jets stay firmly zoned in on the upper echelon QB who makes us a legit contender. I can just step away and find something else to kill time until the decision is made.

And when he gives himself two colored enemas to make a choice based on what comes out, ultimately sh*tting purple for retirement, then what?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just don't buy that.  I don't even think he's QB2 this year.  They think he's a lotto ticket but can't possibly be counting on him to turn it around.

But the way JD has handled this Rodgers thing you might correct.  

the signs are all there

Saleh says multiple times they aren't done with Zach 

Woody mentions him at the end-of-season press conference

he's still on the roster, despite being an active locker-room cancer

the dude played so poorly he should be given the Josh Rosen treatment

instead this whole thing is set up to run it back with Zach 

• Haha 1

Just now, JetPotato said:

Rodgers has nothing to gain from screwing over the Jets. 

I know some of you believe he's Satan or whatever, but he's not doing that to them. That's just stupid.

I don't think he's evil. I just don't think he cares about the position he's putting the Jets in. 

He's doing what he wants - which is may or may not play.  the Jets need to move on and make moves in, what's becoming, the more likely scenario that he chooses to retire.

I don't want the Jets to move on out of spite - I want them to move on because it's the more responsible move.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

My respect level for JD would go up 1000x if, out of the blue at 12:01, is announced we're signing Jimmy G. Send that cheese eating,  self absorbed narcissist prick crawling back to GB.

That said, I'd love him if he comes here ?

Jimmy G doesn't want to come here either.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Rodgers isn't part of the upper echelon anymore 

that's the part everyone's missing

he's so far from his MVP form

his numbers dropped off a cliff last year and they will keep dropping

the Jets are going to celebrate when/if he signs like they won the SB but this dude is an aging, soon to be below average QB who wants 50 million dollars per year 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the signs are all there

I guess we'll see.  I would be shocked if he's QB2 this year...and I think if that's the case they really don't trust him.  

But I hear you and agree with much of what you wrote - except the locker room cancer - there is nothing to support that.

20 minutes ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

IMO there is no way the Jets have been alerted he is coming and it woudn't have leaked.  On that line I would have to assume 5 days was not enough time for Rodgers to determine he wants to be a Jet (I truly cannot blame him if that were the case).  Taking it a step further I would now be pursuing other QBs.  I would leave the offer on Rodgers open while doing this with the understanding it will be pulled once a deal for another player has been reached.  Cannot be held hostage for an extended period of time -  time to at least start to pursue plan C Jimmy G.  

There’s no reason that they can’t do this, and no evidence that they’re not. Plenty of reasons not to do it publicly, though, starting with the fact that trying to strong arm Rodgers in with an ultimatum isn’t going to make the situation any better. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

the Jets are going to celebrate when/if he signs like they won the SB but this dude is an aging, soon to be below average QB who wants 50 million dollars per year 

broken thumb on throwing hand, knee and rib injury... sure he's older but he wasn't healthy

Rodgers comes here and he will have a chip on his shoulder... think still has a couple seasons left that are better than average

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And when he gives himself two colored enemas to make a choice based on what comes out, ultimately sh*tting purple for retirement, then what?

Then I probably don’t watch next year and find something else to do on Sundays.

If we miss out on Rodgers, it means the best you can probably hope for is Garoppolo. Then you have a smorgasbord of interchangeable JAGs like Minshew, Mayfield, Brissett, etc.

I’d honestly pivot to a Stafford trade before settling for any of that sh*t if Rodgers ultimately retires.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Stark said:

broken thumb on throwing hand, knee and rib injury... sure he's older but he wasn't healthy

Rodgers comes here and he will have a chip on his shoulder... think still has a couple seasons left that are better than average

yeah he got hurt 

that's what 40 year old NFL players do 

We lived through it with Favre the older posters lived through it with Vinny T 

Father Time is undefeated 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is my rationalization that no body asked for.

While some may raise our eyebrows at some of Rodgers viewpoints, I don’t think he’s a scumbag of a person.  The Jets, by all accounts, have been nothing but forthright and professional with him, which is what he had requested of the Packers.

He knows the Jets have to move on at some point if he is not coming here, and there is no reason to believe he would purposefully put the Jets in a bind.  He doesn’t seem like that kind of guy to me and has no reason to punish the Jets in all of this.

All that leads me to believe he knows, the Jets know, and he just wants to communicate it on his own terms.  And if the Hets aren’t being connected to any other vet QB today or tomorrow, that should be all we need to know.

No one is stopping him from communicating on his terms

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He was the league MVP in 2020 and 2021, and played with a broken thumb last season. 

Battle Royale Falling GIF by PUBG Battlegrounds

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Move where, though? He is the only player that puts the Jets instantly in the Super Bowl discussion.

Sure, I see that.  But at some point ya need to have a backbone.

Move on to White, Jacoby, Garoppolo...  not nearly as good as Arod.  But at least we're not a bunch of little bitc#es.

Maybe go nuts with Lamar.

I'm not saying things are being held up by Arod, but IF they are, yeah I'm disappointed in the Jets for being held hostage.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

yeah he got hurt 

that's what 40 year old NFL players do 

We lived through it with Favre the older posters lived through it with Vinny T 

Father Time is undefeated 

Garoppolo has been hurt a million times more than Rodgers and Rodgers is probably as old as his dad.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the signs are all there

Only reason you got the laughing Emogi is to hide the tears because I know you aren't wrong. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is my rationalization that no body asked for.

While some may raise our eyebrows at some of Rodgers viewpoints, I don’t think he’s a scumbag of a person.  The Jets, by all accounts, have been nothing but forthright and professional with him, which is what he had requested of the Packers.

He knows the Jets have to move on at some point if he is not coming here, and there is no reason to believe he would purposefully put the Jets in a bind.  He doesn’t seem like that kind of guy to me and has no reason to punish the Jets in all of this.

All that leads me to believe he knows, the Jets know, and he just wants to communicate it on his own terms.  And if the Hets aren’t being connected to any other vet QB today or tomorrow, that should be all we need to know.

So then, what is Rodgers if the Jets actually don't know?

Because by just about ALL accounts, including the "insiders" on this site - the Jets don't know.  Even Schefty just reported the Jets don't know.

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

yikes!! you want to go from possibly getting the best qb to overpaying trash all before the first day of FA is over? man i am so glad we have Joe Douglas in charge. All these little wanna bee Macc GMs on here talking crazy!

dont worry guys you big daddy joe will take care of you guys as he alwasy dones

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I guess we'll see.  I would be shocked if he's QB2 this year...and I think if that's the case they really don't trust him.  

But I hear you and agree with much of what you wrote - except the locker room cancer - there is nothing to support that.

Well let's start with when he hung the defense out to dry after the NEP game, in that press conference he lost like half the locker room

then Zach's sulking on the sideline during CHI win. That's exactly what we all bashed Elijah Moore for doing (demanding a trade during a win streak)

finally if Quinnen Williams said, "the Jets draft another DT, ill make that dude's life a living hell," we'd run him out of town on a rail 

I don't know if he's the worst cancer anyone's ever seen but he's a locker room cancer by any traditional definition