Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i never said Jimmy G was better than Rodgers 

he's a little worse

but cost/benefit he delivers the same middle of the road production, the same injury profile as Rodgers at half the price 

You are certifiably insane. And 100% incorrect.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

They don’t have the same injury profile. This is definitively untrue, and yet, you repeat it daily. 

Jimmy G has played one full season in SF (out of 5) and has missed 18 games in the last three seasons due to injury. Rodgers hasn’t missed a start since 2017. In other words, Rodgers hasn’t missed a start since Jimmy G became the starter in SF. LOL. 

you can like Jimmy G more than Rodgers without making stuff up. It’s hard to take anything else you say seriously when you just pull crap out of your butt. 

just because Rodgers isn't missing games doesn't mean he's not getting hurt

playing with a broken thumb for all last year is not a plus on his injury profile 

he's a 39 year old with an extensive injury history. both collar bones, 3 concussions, the thumb last year etc. he's played through more stuff those injuries don't just disappear when the season ends 

it's part of a running tally. I mean just look at Rodgers he's all broken down looking. Tom Brady looking like a damn cyborg, Aaron Rodgers looks like a dude who eats oatmeal at a truck stop 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

playing with a broken thumb for all last year is not a plus on his injury profile 

he's a 39 year old with an extensive injury history. both collar bones, 3 concussions, the thumb last year etc. he's played through more stuff those injuries don't just disappear when the season ends 

it's part of a running tally. I mean just look at Rodgers he's all broken down looking. Tom Brady looking like a damn cyborg, Aaron Rodgers looks like a dude who eats oatmeal at a truck stop 

Brady looks like a cyborg???
Last I saw he looks more like the crypt keeper

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

All players get banged up. 

Despite this, Rodgers usually plays full seasons and Jimmy G usually does not. 

“Broken down looking” - great argument! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

There are so many problems with this argument

Aaron Rodgers has gotten hurt about the same amount of times as Jimmy G despite having more than double the career length. Plus, if Rodgers was playing with a broken thumb last season then we watched him carry his team to 8 wins while injured. Imagine what he could do on the Jets. And don't give me any 'he might get injured again' crap, Patrick Mahomes played in the playoffs with hurt ankles twice in the past few years. It happens. You don't argue that Russell Wilson  is better because he has a better injury history. 

Either way, Jimmy G has averaged 13 TD passes per season with the 49ers, and 10 TD passes per season in his whole career. He barely manages 2250 passing yards per season in his 6 years with San Fran. Rodgers, including his first 3 seasons where he started 0 games, has averaged 3200 passing yards per season. Without those first 3 seasons it's barely less than 4000.

Statistics say that Rodgers, despite his age, is still much better than Jimmy G.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

I hope this is a 2 year commitment and expectation. 

If it’s just for 1 season, it is what it is and I won’t complain but 2 would be ideal.

I'd have to imagine it's going to continue on with 1 year commitments like the previous few years.

Helps Jets in a trade and helps Rodgers in terms of his GM-like power to recruit players

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Do you have any joy in your life?

• Haha 2