Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

The comments in here are hysterical. We overreact to every clueless reporter or “insider” commenting on what is happening with the trade for Aaron Rodgers, yet we hear it directly from JD that he will be here and we are “disappointed”. What the heck is wrong with you people? So he had a few drinks. It’s obvious that the trade is done and they have to wait to report it for cap reasons or some other reason. Jets fans are so odd. Geez. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, AceRothstein said:

The league isn’t going to penalize the Jets for JD doing an interview with Boomer Esiason at a charity function. 

I'm not worried about the league.  I'm worried about the jets utterly botching trade negotiations and telling everyone and their dog that a trade is done when it isn't done.

If you are the packers you thank the jets and rodgers heartily for committing 100% to a deal that has not been made.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 2

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm not worried about the league.  I'm worried about the jets utterly botching trade negotiations and telling everyone and their dog that a trade is done when it isn't done.

If you are the packers you thank the jets and rodgers heartily for committing 100% to a deal that has not been made.

If the deal comes in day 2 of the draft… it’s already done now.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, David Harris said:

This declaration is a little weird, out of character for him. 

It is, makes me believe it’s coming really soon.

3 hours ago, undertow said:

I think JD had one too many Shirley Temples.

3 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Totally weird. Frankly I'm a bit disappointed. 

I don’t necessarily think JD was drunk, he didn’t sound drunk, know he only spoke one sentence & then some, but, no slurr from what I can hear, now boomer otoh is wasted.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Except that it has been made. Just not announced

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

The comments in here are hysterical. We overreact to every clueless reporter or “insider” commenting on what is happening with the trade for Aaron Rodgers, yet we hear it directly from JD that he will be here and we are “disappointed”. What the heck is wrong with you people? So he had a few drinks. It’s obvious that the trade is done and they have to wait to report it for cap reasons or some other reason. Jets fans are so odd. Geez. 

It's ridiculous 

Some here need Rodgers coming knocking on there door saying he is coming 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah they’re both completely obliterated.  On that note…I gotta be honest. 

Obviously, I love the implication.

That being said…I don’t, particularly, love our GM getting absolutely hammered and getting on stage with a, equally, hammered Boomer Esiason and acting this way.

He's a rich GM of a pro football team and is loving life and throwing a few back. 

I find it so funny that we live in an era now where sh*t like this truly "bothers" people or the actions are frowned upon. Let the guy enjoy his life and the offseason. If this was in the middle of the season, then I may balk at it, but we're at the beginning of April. He's built a solid young core and is signing Aaron Rodgers. Let him enjoy it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

He's a rich GM of a pro football team and is loving life and throwing a few back. 

I find it so funny that we live in an era now where sh*t like this truly "bothers" people or the actions are frowned upon. Let the guy enjoy his life and the offseason. If this was in the middle of the season, then I may balk at it, but we're at the beginning of April. He's built a solid young core and is signing Aaron Rodgers. Let him enjoy it. 

Yeah I agree, we don’t have all the info so to criticize him right now is jumping the gun imo

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So Boomer is one of those hand grabbing your trap for way too long guys? Most annoying people on earth. We’re grown men, one squeeze of the trap and then let’s call it a day please.

I have never “squeezed a trap.”

• Haha 3

On 4/7/2023 at 10:01 PM, Mogglez said:

Yeah they’re both completely obliterated.  On that note…I gotta be honest. 

Obviously, I love the implication.

That being said…I don’t, particularly, love our GM getting absolutely hammered and getting on stage with a, equally, hammered Boomer Esiason and acting this way.

You'd drink heavily too if you took orders from a puerile-minded imbecile every day.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

As the top executive of the organization, is it too much to ask for JD to at least dress a bit better? I know it's a fun event but there's no need to appear slovenly. There's such a thing as smart casual and this is not it. Losing a few pounds and taking better care of his health is beneficial to himself, his family and longevity in the position. He needs an intervention and looks like a major health issue is in his immediate future.

• WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Falco21 said:

At least he seems to be smart enough to know, if you’re going to be drinking, have someone else behind the wheel.

Gutenkunst probably paid 3 Giant fans, who are NJST, to set up a DUI CP on JD’s way home last night. His only way to get back leverage.

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Yeah I agree, we don’t have all the info so to criticize him right now is jumping the gun imo

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Leads me to believe it’s a done deal and Joe is hoping to trade down his first rounder before or during draft @JiF

The whole scene was very Wayne's World-ish. 

So who's coming to your concert, Wayne? 

Ummmmm, well, Aerosmith!  Yeah, Aerosmith is coming!  They're going to be here, it's awesome, get your tickets. 

And then he walks off stage and Garth is like, "Aerosmith isnt coming to our concert, Wayne, and you just told all those nice people they are".

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets do not come away with Rodgers they have not negotiated better, they will be seen as an epic failure.

Due to the jets botching of the whole thing there are three outcomes.

-  Get Rodgers at a good price = win

- Get Rodgers at a less than good price = loss

- Do not get Rodgers = epic loss.

This is true. But there is close to zero % chance #3 happens.  

It is, although, starting to look like the Jets are going to overpay.  

• Upvote 1