Jets Negotiating With Lazard [Signed 4 years $44M]

SR24

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Officially Official

Three things:

He high points the ball and isn’t a body catcher.

He dwarfs most CB in the league.

Rodgers arm strength is impressive and where he locates the ball is top 3 in league. He also is not afraid to trust his receivers, unlike Zach.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Three things:

He high points the ball and isn’t a body catcher.

He dwarfs most CB in the league.

Rodgers arm strength is impressive and where he locates the ball is top 3 in league. He also is not afraid to trust his receivers, unlike Zach.

Garret Wilson will become the Globetrotters version of an NFL receiver with Rodgers. Expect a highlight catch 2-3 times again. Plus every time he catches those perfectly place balls and they get in rythym  by 3-5 games? We will all be convinced he will score every time he catches it. My early choice for NFL MVP next year, 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Garret Wilson will become the Globetrotters version of an NFL receiver with Rodgers. Expect a highlight catch 2-3 times again. Plus every time he catches those perfectly place balls and they get in rythym  by 3-5 games? We will all be convinced he will score every time he catches it. My early choice for NFL MVP next year, 

God damnnit where's the blue heart emoji when you need one. I got in all my feels on this one. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Imagining this: Quick twitch GW making one of his ankle breaking moves and magically when he turns his head, the ball is in his gut, in stride. 
We have an impressive WR group if EM can get back his mojo. Big bodied receiver, a WR who can take it to the house anywhere on the field & a very talented slot receiver who hasn’t scratched the surface of his potential (Cobb like)

• Post of the Week 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/14/2023 at 2:54 PM, Beerfish said:

I'm crying over getting trash players because they are buddies with Rodgers and that combo failed last year in green bay and on top of it comes the compensatory pick issue.

The Packers love the jets right now love love love us, we are taking an over priced qb off their hands they want nothing to do with.  We are taking old and jag players off their hands and giving them additions to the comp formula and we do not even know what we are giving to them in the trade.

As of right now the packers 2nd fav team in the league is the NY Jets

DOINK!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny looking back.  A lot of "experts" had him ranked as the top receiver in FA, and projected he would get $20M a year.

The Jets didn't pay that much (thankfully), but it was still a massive overpay for what Lazard brings to the team.  But we're stuck with him for another year, I think.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

It's funny looking back.  A lot of "experts" had him ranked as the top receiver in FA, and projected he would get $20M a year.

The Jets didn't pay that much (thankfully), but it was still a massive overpay for what Lazard brings to the team.  But we're stuck with him for another year, I think.

Top receiver?  Over Deandre Hopkins?  Do all of our former and current general managers post here?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Top receiver?  Over Deandre Hopkins?  Do all of our former and current general managers post here?

Hopkins wasn't out of contract when FA started. He was under contract with the Cardinals and was cut in May.

When the FA frenzy commenced, a lot of commentators had Lazard as the top WR available - which indicates how weak a FA class it was.