Some inside info on Elijah Moore trade

Interesting stuff. 

The “not a single team called about Wilson” is directly contradicted by another message board insider on the BYU board. 

Right after the season they said Wilson’s agent was told by the Jets that were called by numerous teams who said if they decide to trade Wilson they would be interested.  The Jets supposedly were not interested in trading.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Well yeah, I am sure a BYU board would have a more Pro-Wilson view. Bottom line is, his cap number makes him almost impossible to trade or cut. I am pretty sure no other team would take on that contract. At least no other team with a GM that wants to keep his job.  

Who knows.   History on early pick QBs aligns with the guy who had info from the Wilson camp though.  

3 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Playing in Cleveland is.  Probably a worse franchise than the Jets.

Debatable. (Which is all that needs to be said)

Since 2018, they’ve been the better team and they have their long term answer QB going forward. We’re hoping for a one or two year window with Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

Moore’s cryptic religious based complaints have no place on the Jets.   Saleh is a Muslim, Zach is a Mormon, the fan base is highly diverse.   I thought his behavior was appalling, selfish and tone deaf.

I really don’t think the anti-Zach and Lefluer crowd really listened to what he actually said.   This was about way more than football.   

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

5 hours ago, MykePM said:

I vaguely remember something similar with Jamal Adams.  Adams was very public about wanting to be traded, and JD finally had to tell him to stop it because he was tanking his own trade value, counterproductive to what he wanted.  I wouldn’t be shocked to find out that JD told Moore and his people that he’d try to accommodate their request, if they kept it on the downlow this time.

jamal IS AN A-HOLE.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I vaguely remember something similar with Jamal Adams.  Adams was very public about wanting to be traded, and JD finally had to tell him to stop it because he was tanking his own trade value, counterproductive to what he wanted.  I wouldn’t be shocked to find out that JD told Moore and his people that he’d try to accommodate their request, if they kept it on the downlow this time.

1. so he was on social media forcing his way out PRIOR to asking for a trade, and the final straw? got it lol

2. can we have Joe Douglas a 20 year extension based solely on removing this individual from our lives (for 2 studs like AVT and GW)? thanks 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

1. so he was on social media forcing his way out PRIOR to asking for a trade, and the final straw? got it lol

2. can we have Joe Douglas a 20 year extension based solely on removing this individual from our lives (for 2 studs like AVT and GW)? thanks 

That trade really looks incredible, jamal hasn't been able to stay on the field and he has been no where close to "the best in the nation", and for jamal we have AVT and Garrett Wilson....wow!

• Upvote 3

Jamal Adams is a ******* idiot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, undertow said:

Initially I was underwhelmed with Moores return but after thinking about it for a few days getting 3rd round value for a scumbag slot receiver who has averaged 500 yards a year was a miracle. 

Just an aside but some might consider amassing 500 receiving yards a miracle with Hackenzack as the QB

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, slats said:

It’s definitely not like Saleh, certainly not his public persona. Say what you want about him as a head coach, but the guy appears to be almost universally loved as a human being. I would imagine these non-talking terms were strictly from Moore’s side, and probably as good a reason as any to get him out of the locker room. I’m still disappointed, but he’s probably one of the rare former Jets that I won’t be rooting for to succeed. 

I think it was best to move on, although I am very disappointed it didn't work out for Moore on the Jets.  He has an awful lot of talent and is still very young, so he can go on to have a very long and productive career.

He did act like an idiot though, and an extremely selfish one at that. Yes, Zach Wilson was bad at throwing the ball, but you still have to be a professional and do your job.

I do believe it was the right time to trade him, but it will look bad if/when he has a very productive season for the Browns. He has the ability to be an 80 catch, 1100 yard, 10 TD type player if his head is on straight and he works hard.

Although, if he does have a great year, you know he's going to take a leaf out of the AJ Brown playbook and demand a mega-extension or a(nother) trade before his 4th season.  Oh well, that's Cleveland's problem now.

• Upvote 3

• It was great JD got a 2nd round pick for him.  But he was not a great pick in the first place.  We passed on Creed Humphrey (and others) and he really was not a fit for this offense. 
  • GW is great, and I guess Lazard fills this role, but it would be nice to see the Jets with a Deebo/SF WR type to match the offense.  Moore did not seem like a fit, and we could always get guys like Berrios to fill in.
  • I don't like players shooting their way out of their team/contracts.  I guess that is just modern/sports reality.   I guess you can try it, and if we can basically reboot with a similar draft pick we used on you, with four more years under contract, it can be worth it.  That is likely the issue with ZW and Mimms-teams will trade for them, but for low draft picks. 
  • Upvote 2