Being a Jets Fan Right Now Summed Up In ONE Word - Surreal

Warfish

The comforting part to me also is, even if they don’t come out blazing and just tread water for a bit, they seem to have the look and feel of a team who eventually is just going to start clicking down the back stretch into January. The way Rodgers is laser focused on working out the finer points of the offense it just feels inevitable. I’ll also gladly take a 4-0 start. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

I think our defense has a chance to be historically good. As in not just the best in the NFL this year but on a level with the 85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, in the other truly great defenses in NFL history. Possibly straight up, but certainly by era-adjusted metrics. 

This is a passing league, and with that defensive line and that defensive backfield I don't know how teams are going to have success passing against us.

Damn, damn. Damn. 

19 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Forget the hype and "superbowl or bust" mentality the media throws at this team and enjoy the season.

We will have great QB play for the first time in 50 years after having a decade of insane ineptitude at the position and Zach Wilson the past 2 years.  I will enjoy watching the offense all season regardless of the outcome.

I know this place will be unbearable come week 1.  The first dropped pass or Rodgers misfire and the pitch forks will be up and torches will be lit.  I suggest many of you let go of the "no SB = failure" notion and just enjoy the season.  We will not win every game, but it will most likely be the first enjoyable season we've had in 13 years.

Can you re-name yourself Rodgers Mustashe ?

29 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

We will have great QB play for the first time in 50 years after having a decade of insane ineptitude at the position and Zach Wilson the past 2 years.  

Not 50 years - Testeverde, one year of Fitz, and Farve until he broke down. But yes, very little good in the last 50. It will be exciting for sure. Best shot at a SB in 50 off everything breaks right

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I've seen a few folks use the word, seen it used in a few articles, maybe (I think) even used by a player or two.

But it's 100% apt. 

Being a Jets Fan right now is quite SURREAL:, i.e. "marked by the intense irrational reality of a dream".  Also : "UNBELIEVABLE, FANTASTIC" - courtesy of Mirriam-Webster.

We have Aaron Rodgers, and he is going to play QB for us.  Aaron Rodgers.  One of the best to ever strap it on.  Sure, he's older, but he sure seems like he's got a chip on his shoulder too.  Even though this could be called Favre II, it doesn't FEEL the same.  At least not to me.

We have Dalvin Cook at RB.  Yeah, swayed by the "name", but also swayed by his 4x pro bowl seasons the past four years.  We also have Breece Hall, who seems like he WILL be back early this year, a guy who could himself still have pro bowls in his future.  Even the guys behind them aren't poop.

We have the reigning ORotY at WR #1.  Our first true, legit, DRAFTED #1 WR in literal ages.  A guy who could this era's Toon or Walker, a guy fans love forever.  He has that potential.  I may not be 100% sold on the guys behind him, but Lazard is a hella blocker, and if he can get 800 and 4-7 TD's, reasonable I think, we're set.  Fans have alot of love for the young kids too, few folks are saying "we don;t have enough at WR", at least not loudly.

We have the reigning DRotY in Sauce.  A possible Revis Island II.  But maybe less of a merc?  Guess we'll see, for now, his future looks bright.

We have a Defense, overall, that has the potential (stress potential) to be special.  Truly special.  Better than the top 5 finish from last year, as it's improved from last year.

Becton, BECTON, seems to have come back.  Fingers crossed this one doesn't wind up an actual dream, but for now.....ffs, Becton is back and playing great in preseason.  Becton/AVT, if they're both back and healthy in full?  Wow.

Could it all go south, sure.  But right this minute, this moment in time, I was reminded how......good.....these Jets look.  Someone who knows football talked to me today and his only comment was "wow, your boys look legit".  I've heard that alot.

Sure, optimism might lead to disappointment, and you all know I'm a cynic and a pessimist.

But DAMN, it's legit HARD not to get excited right this second.  

It's f'ing surreal.  Feels like a dream.  Rodgers leading a talented O, bolstered by a possibly great D.  Hell, even our two specials, Greg the Leg and Morestead, don't make anyone too afriad, lol.

Could this really be a thing that works?  

Do we dare to dream?

You know what, maybe we do.

Doesn't seem that much different to me. Rodgers has far exceeded expecations from a  leadership and teammate standpoint butI still have concerns. I am always 11 out of 10 excited a week before kickoff and the dial does not go to 12.

25 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Not 50 years - Testeverde, one year of Fitz, and Farve until he broke down. But yes, very little good in the last 50. It will be exciting for sure. Best shot at a SB in 50 off everything breaks right

No, you are wrong... The floor of Aaron Rodgers will break every QB Stat the Jets have ever had

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I've seen a few folks use the word, seen it used in a few articles, maybe (I think) even used by a player or two.

But it's 100% apt. 

Being a Jets Fan right now is quite SURREAL:, i.e. "marked by the intense irrational reality of a dream".  Also : "UNBELIEVABLE, FANTASTIC" - courtesy of Mirriam-Webster.

We have Aaron Rodgers, and he is going to play QB for us.  Aaron Rodgers.  One of the best to ever strap it on.  Sure, he's older, but he sure seems like he's got a chip on his shoulder too.  Even though this could be called Favre II, it doesn't FEEL the same.  At least not to me.

We have Dalvin Cook at RB.  Yeah, swayed by the "name", but also swayed by his 4x pro bowl seasons the past four years.  We also have Breece Hall, who seems like he WILL be back early this year, a guy who could himself still have pro bowls in his future.  Even the guys behind them aren't poop.

We have the reigning ORotY at WR #1.  Our first true, legit, DRAFTED #1 WR in literal ages.  A guy who could this era's Toon or Walker, a guy fans love forever.  He has that potential.  I may not be 100% sold on the guys behind him, but Lazard is a hella blocker, and if he can get 800 and 4-7 TD's, reasonable I think, we're set.  Fans have alot of love for the young kids too, few folks are saying "we don;t have enough at WR", at least not loudly.

We have the reigning DRotY in Sauce.  A possible Revis Island II.  But maybe less of a merc?  Guess we'll see, for now, his future looks bright.

We have a Defense, overall, that has the potential (stress potential) to be special.  Truly special.  Better than the top 5 finish from last year, as it's improved from last year.

Becton, BECTON, seems to have come back.  Fingers crossed this one doesn't wind up an actual dream, but for now.....ffs, Becton is back and playing great in preseason.  Becton/AVT, if they're both back and healthy in full?  Wow.

Could it all go south, sure.  But right this minute, this moment in time, I was reminded how......good.....these Jets look.  Someone who knows football talked to me today and his only comment was "wow, your boys look legit".  I've heard that alot.

Sure, optimism might lead to disappointment, and you all know I'm a cynic and a pessimist.

It's f'ing surreal.  Feels like a dream.  Rodgers leading a talented O, bolstered by a possibly great D.  Hell, even our two specials, Greg the Leg and Morestead, don't make anyone too afriad, lol.

Do we dare to dream?

Gave this a thumbs up because I posted pretty much the same exact thing and got only one POTW while this gets 7  🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Forget the hype and "superbowl or bust" mentality the media throws at this team and enjoy the season.

We will have great QB play for the first time in 50 years after having a decade of insane ineptitude at the position and Zach Wilson the past 2 years.  I will enjoy watching the offense all season regardless of the outcome.

I know this place will be unbearable come week 1.  The first dropped pass or Rodgers misfire and the pitch forks will be up and torches will be lit.  I suggest many of you let go of the "no SB = failure" notion and just enjoy the season.  We will not win every game, but it will most likely be the first enjoyable season we've had in 13 years.

Totally agree.

I’m just looking forward to watching a good team.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

But it's 100% apt. 

Do we dare to dream?

What have you done to the real Warfish?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Shaking Star Trek GIF

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

But it's 100% apt. 

Do we dare to dream?

You're absolutely correct.

Problem is, I came here because you promised ONE WORD. This is a crap load more than that. Just sayin' ;)

Also, I bolded my favorite part

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, billo83 said:

We have had our moments other teams haven’t had certainly not as much i.e 98 AFC title game year, 2 AFC title games back to back in 2009/2010, and 4 title games since the SB win. Even the Pennington years had some deep playoff runs some of which came close to going all the way. We just never get the credit we are due especially since the cross town team Giants have won 4 SBs. There are only maybe 8-10 teams in the NFL that have exceeded what I mentioned the Jets have done since the start of the SB era. I am counting overall playoffs, title games, and at least 1 SB win. An example are the Bengals, Vikings, Cardinals, etc. SB appearances, but no wins.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

We have had our moments other teams haven’t had certainly not as much i.e 98 AFC title game year, 2 AFC title games back to back in 2009/2010, and 4 title games since the SB win. Even the Pennington years had some deep playoff runs some of which came close to going all the way. We just never get the credit we are due especially since the cross town team Giants have won 4 SBs. There are only maybe 8-10 teams in the NFL that have exceeded what I mentioned the Jets have done since the start of the SB era. I am counting overall playoffs, title games, and at least 1 SB win. An example are the Bengals, Vikings, Cardinals, etc. SB appearances, but no wins.

I mean, there are definitely more than that lol. We're in the 20s pretty comfortably.

Even if you disqualify teams that don't have a Super Bowl win in their history there are far more than 8-10 teams ahead of us.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

No, you are wrong... The floor of Aaron Rodgers will break every QB Stat the Jets have ever had

No, you didn't understand my post. I simply stated that the Jets have had some good QB play in the last 50 years, although not much. I never mentioned AR. Of course he should break all time passing records for the Jets but that's not what I was addressing.