NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

He wasn’t good today, but he was less embarrassing. 

Importantly he wasn’t the reason they lost.  They were down 18-10 at half and got the ball in the 2nd half.  First play, run, loses a few yards as usual.  Next play sack.  Then penalty.  The team should have come out firing like the 2 minute drill.  Not that it matters, jets are not making the playoffs with this qb

Just now, Augustiniak said:

There are going to be games where the runs aren’t there and you need a qb to get you a win and wilson isn’t that guy.  The best he’s going to do is last week where d and st contribute and he doesn’t press and make too many mistakes.  The body of work is there unfortunately.  

I’m not excusing Zach. My point is that it’s all moot if the OL is giving up pressure in literally less than 1 second.

Just now, GuitarJet said:

Ok seriously. This is NOT a playoff team. Defense is average at best. Offense not creative at all all. Dallas is a legitimate balanced team. Jets aren’t even close

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I have to agree with this.  All off season the fan base heard how great this team was.  Even if Rodgers was healthy, they still lose.  

• Upvote 1

This game was going to be a tough game traveling on a short week after Monday night. That said ..

I thought Zack actually showed some progress considering pressure he was under all game.  End of game, down multiple scores,  hes just forcing stuff to make a play. Game was already over at that point.

O line in particular Duane Brown wow.  I hope he can get his game together quick after his long layoff. He sucked today and coming off his blocking on Monday night leading to Rodgers injury play.  His poor play next to Laken makes the left side of line horrible and other teams D are stacking their best rushers to that side Also, never got the run game going which Zack requires.    

The penalty calls against the Jets are game changers .  Both roughing calls were bad and change the momentum of the game.  Dallas O line got free pass all game even though Huff was being held on that big third down play and other plays were just blatant no calls 

Sauce needed to make that INT.  That changes the game.  His first 2 games are a letdown from last years Sauce. 

Carry over issues from last season:   1)  we always start Zack with poor field position.  its always the 25 or worse.  Never a good starting point to gain some momentum and shorten the field  2) time of possession D is worn out by end of 3rd quarter.

Dalvin Cook .....looks slow and like he's collecting a paycheck.  if healthy, I'd like to see what Izzy's speed could add to the O

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

As I said before the game, most of us knew the QB was a weak link but I'd keep my eye in the rest of the team and the 'supposed' good parts of the team.

Defense was garbage and there is a clear recipe for making it look like garbage.   The D brain trust should have seen some of this coming.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jets are outclassed. If the defense wasn’t going to kick the sh*t out of Dak, we weren’t going to be close. McCarthy tooled Saleh and Ulbrich all game with his playcalls. Zach had a fun two minute stretch, but Dan Quinn adjusted at the half and threw him in a meat locker. Rough one. On to New England. 

To be fair not a lot they can do against some of these great play calls. 

Now Zach tur  overs and bad plays are th reason we are losing not coaching.

Rodgers going down is making it clear we need a QB

But there is no QB available. We are ducked

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I’ve twisted myself into a pretzel defending JD. I don’t know if I can anymore. Zach Wilson at best should have been a stow away third QB behind Rodgers and a league average back up QB. Zach is not a bad QB. He is an AWFUL QB.

His failure to build an OL is his biggest shortcoming. How can this OL be SOOOO bad?

I can't understand this at all.  After last year's epic draft you're still saying this?!

28 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The problem is some just look at fancy stats. He isn’t turning the ball over, he’s using his legs, he isn’t throwing wide.  Let’s be honest he had no oline right now and had had 3-4 drops by his receivers.  Considering all that I’m happy with what I’ve seen.  It doesn’t help that the strength of our team the defense is having a horrendous day 

This post aged well.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2