Sauce not covering Lamb

More Cowbell

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Ok, I just heard Bart Scott going off on our DC for not having our best defensive player not following Cee Dee all over the field and the one time he was matched up on him, it was nearly a pick 6. 

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

That’s salehs system. Just like Richard Sherman stayed on 1 side of the field and didn’t follow the top wr like revis did. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The defense could have held them to 11 pts.

Still would have lost because the offense is an absolute abomination with Zach Wilson.

In 120 mins of football he has produced 2 offensive TDs.

The all world defense got worked all game and couldn't stop a nose bleed.

We all know that Zach Wilson is bad our all world D is supposed to step up like it did in game one.

43 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

If Sauce is not covering Lamb, it must have been really dry.

One question, had Sauce been covering Lamb, would the Lamb have Lied Down on Broadway? Ah f it, I bet none of you smart people even know what that means LOL.

Please tell us the genesis of that joke, eh.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, I just heard Bart Scott going off on our DC for not having our best defensive player not following Cee Dee all over the field and the one time he was matched up on him, it was nearly a pick 6. 

Why Me Crying GIF by Team Coco

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

That’s salehs system. Just like Richard Sherman stayed on 1 side of the field and didn’t follow the top wr like revis did. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Because we don't run that scheme?

We were also in a lot of zone coverage which Lamb ate up by running to the open areas of the zone. Agree though at some point you have to account for the only guy catching the football

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

let's be real the Jets get that pick 6 from sauce and they still lose 30-17

it's the year 2023 the league wants stats for fantasy, gambling and tv ratings

you can't win a game with elite defense anymore 

it's all about points and how many can you score and how quickly 

Objectively 100% true. Rules are designed and enforced to beg you to pass. And why PI  and RTP get called all the time even when it's total nonsense, like several times yesterday. This is what TV and the NFL want, not 13-10 games. Some franchises have figure this out, and adjusted accordingly that by design your defense is going to fail several times each game. Other teams take safeties over Patrick Mahomes and Dehshawn Watson. Also, why have a defense first coach doesn't make a lot of sense. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

Interesting. According to the Official Eye Ball test, Reed and Gardner both looked... not good.

Basically Saleh plays lots of zone. Lamb is a big guy, and he was slotted pretty often. He can go out in the seam and get 5-7  yard receptions and go for serious YAC. In most of the plays, Gardner wasn't on Lamb, and that was by design. 

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

Interesting. According to the Official Eye Ball test, Reed and Gardner both looked... not good.

I think this goes around with how they judge allowed.  Easy to look good when you are in zone and nowhere near the catch.  Even when you should be.

Who me?  Nope.  Must have been some other mother. . .

1 hour ago, ASH1962 said:

If Sauce is not covering Lamb, it must have been really dry.

One question, had Sauce been covering Lamb, would the Lamb have Lied Down on Broadway? Ah f it, I bet none of you smart people even know what that means LOL.

Now if we only had Mint Jelly as a DB  😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

let's be real the Jets get that pick 6 from sauce and they still lose 30-17

it's the year 2023 the league wants stats for fantasy, gambling and tv ratings

you can't win a game with elite defense anymore 

it's all about points and how many can you score and how quickly 

think they still lose but i don't think zach makes 3 interceptions.