THE BARON

Predict The Outcome Of The Giants- Jets Game  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Predict The Outcome Of The Giants- Jets Game

• Jets Win A Close Low Scoring Game
    • Jets SPANK The Giants And Win By 10 + Points
    • Giants Win A Close Low Scoring Game
    • Giants SPANK The Jets And Win By 10 + Points
    • Jets Outplay The Giants In General, But Zach Wilson Cant Produce And The Jets Blow It
    • Jets Outplay The Giants In General, But The Officials SNAKE The Jets, AGAIN And It Costs Them The Game.
    • I'll Tell You Who Wins. Piss Off, Pal... That's Who Wins.

Although this would be the exact type of game the Jets usually blow out their collective asses, these Jets are a new breed.  They prove their superiority over New York's *secondary* football team by clearly outplaying the little Giants and winning by a margin that more than covers the spread. 

I voted "Jets win a close low scoring game".

Giants have played their recent games pretty tough (now 22nd in Points Allowed), but their O just doesn't score (32nd in Points Scored).

Jets have played their recent games pretty tough (13th in Points Allowed), but their O just doesn't score (22nd in Points Scored).

And we suck after the bye every year.

Two bad Offenses playing 'two better-than-their-Offenses' Defenses, where the Jets have both the better O and better D?

Should be a low scoring Jets win, ultimately.

We lose or lose big, wow, that's a bad sign looking forward.

• Upvote 2

Other than wins and losses, both teams are very similar in terms of offense and defense, but the Jets TOP is atrocious, and that will give the Giants an extra possession, or two, on offense. Tyrod Taylor has actually sparked the Giants offense. In just two starts, he's put up some impressive numbers. The Giants have played 7 games, the Jets 6, so we're really talking a one game difference in terms of wins and losses. 

I couldn't really find any indicators which way this one might go, until I looked at the stats against the Cowboys. As we all know, both the Jets and Giants were mercilessly destroyed by the Cowboys. the Cowboys are in the top 10 on points allowed and points scored. The Jets and Giants are abysmal in both categories, however, the Giants are slightly worse. 

So without any miracle turnovers for TD's by either team, I think the Jets will edge this one out, 16-15 (Zach will take a safety). 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

It really depends if the giants defense shows and how the jets counter it.  I suspect winky will be throwing quite a few blitzes into the mix.  Zach will need to throw quickly and decisively.

If the Giants stop our run game early we are in huge trouble.   Zach will not hold up vs constant blitzes.  The defense is going to have to come up with another big game and get more turnovers.

• Upvote 2

The Giants are 27th against the run and 14th against the pass.  So obviously, we will try to pass at least 50 times and we will run less than 15 times.

Our coaches are smarter than focusing on their weaknesses.  We will sharpen iron by beating iron, instead of slicing butter with a hot knife.

• Haha 3

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

24-6 Jets… don’t envision a scenario where they score an offensive TD on us 

Uhh... The D has been pretty mediocre in the first quarter. If the Giants score a TD, it will be in the first quarter. I bet the Giants have the lead at some point in the first half.

14 minutes ago, Hex said:

Uhh... The D has been pretty mediocre in the first quarter. If the Giants score a TD, it will be in the first quarter. I bet the Giants have the lead at some point in the first half.

The defense is hitting its stride and fully healthy right now after a brutal stretch to open season. This will be a get right game for defense. Lots of sacks, ints etc.

On 10/25/2023 at 10:20 PM, hawk said:

The Giants are 27th against the run and 14th against the pass.  So obviously, we will try to pass at least 50 times and we will run less than 15 times.

Our coaches are smarter than focusing on their weaknesses.  We will sharpen iron by beating iron, instead of slicing butter with a hot knife.

And Saleh will play the role of head cheerleader.

Clappingandpointing.gif.e6250f760ecddbcce5090902d1fc8f23.gif