### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

Lazard is not a contested catch guy. He’s a big dude who you want to run through zones and beat up on nickel corners. Because Zach Wilson can’t even complete passes to the very elite Garrett Wilson, it puts Lazard into the de facto #1 receiver role where he’s locked up in man coverage, which is going to make him suck. If the Jets had a functional QB, Garrett Wilson is getting 50% of the targets, defenses are over-committing to stop him, and everyone else splits up the rest of the pie. 

This is the biggest reach since Joe Douglas drafted Will McDonald in the first round.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, ausman said:

Criticizing the play calls on 2nd and 3 rd down — Mannings.  With OL playing out of position, can’t expect them to allow QB time for slower developing plays.  TEs not even chipping the rushers.  

specially in. the red zone. I mean way tone-deaf by Hackett there.

17 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Me as well.  I have never liked Wilson, and I am absolutely tired of every thread being hijacked.  But we know this kid just doesn't have it.  You can't be good for only 5-6 plays every game.  

If by some miracle Aaron can come back, we would still need to win about 6 more games.  Would it hurt to try and see if Tim Boyle could do anything?  Is he going to be worse?

Zach is the problem.  I agree try someone else.  We are overachieving as it is with an offense that has the worst 3rd down conversion rate in the NFL since 1978.  

Just now, DireJet said:

Clearly ZW can’t operate from the pocket. Roll him out or stop trying to pass. It’s not gonna happen from the pocket. 

Not going to happen period! He’s proved that time and time again. Ball needs to come out- stop watching and waiting for the pressure especially in the red zone 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yeetin It said:

Wouldn’t matter if they had Jerry Rice, Megatron, Justin Jefferson, Barry Sanders, and Joe Montana right now. This line is the worst

You get 2.5 seconds to find a receiver; that's it. 1...2...3 ball out. There are open receivers, but he's hanging onto the ball like he has all day. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1