Zach Wilson is SO Back! - QB Film Breakdown | Chase Daniel w/ Launch Hydrate

45 minutes ago, Larz said:

Miami is a good defense. If he makes good decisions against them and maintains his aggressive style and accuracy then it’s reasonable to say he’s turned a corner 

1 is a fluke, 2 is a coincidence, 3 is a pattern.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Most likely outcomes for Zach Knoblauch:

1) mediocre vs the Dolphins

2) look better than he actually is vs the Commies (their secondary is an absolute joke and they have no pass rush).  His 1st career 3 TD game is even a possibility here.  The DC D is that bad.

3) Get embarrassed by Joe Flacco's Cleveland Browns.  Caveat though is that the Browns secondary has been absolutely set ablaze the last few weeks, so maybe they are ripe for the picking 🤪

Funny how all of these talking heads are climbing on the Zach bandwagon.  One game?  Even I’ll tell you he needs to string a few games together before I’d get really upset if the jets parted ways.  I think the Nania piece at jetsX was one of the most reasonable attempts at discussing why Zach did so well on Sunday.  The gist is that they were running two te or two back alignments.  Apparently, by the numbers, Zach does pretty well with those sets.lets see if Miami can counter this new found success and if the jets can make the right adjustments.

• Upvote 2

You have to understand the context of why this is sort of viral.
1. Offense one of worst ever
2. Everyone decides it's because of Zach
3. Replace Zach with Boyle
4. Boyle worse than Zach by a lot
5. Insert Siemian. Siemian looks worse than Boyle. Offense even worse and Zach clearly better than both
6. Saleh decides to go back to Zach and Zach may or may not have originally said FU
7. Saleh announces that Zach is starter, Zach wants the ball
8. In addition, for pretty much the first time ever, Saleh says Zach should play Eff-it football
9. Zach looks like a Top 10 QB in the NFL
I mean it looks REALLY bad for Saleh and REALLY good for Zach who becomes viewed as "not the problem"
Now we get to see if it was an aberration or if Zach can play close to that level consistently.

This is really well laid out and 100% accurate. Can’t argue with facts. Great post!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

You have to understand the context of why this is sort of viral.

1. Offense one of worst ever

2. Everyone decides it's because of Zach

3. Replace Zach with Boyle

4. Boyle worse than Zach by a lot

5. Insert Siemian. Siemian looks worse than Boyle. Offense even worse and Zach clearly better than both

6. Saleh decides to go back to Zach and Zach may or may not have originally said FU

7. Saleh announces that Zach is starter, Zach wants the ball

8. In addition, for pretty much the first time ever, Saleh says Zach should play Eff-it football

I mean it looks REALLY bad for Saleh and REALLY good for Zach who becomes viewed as "not the problem"

Now we get to see if it was an aberration or if Zach can play close to that level consistently.

Hardly. Saleh did what a good parent must do: go to bed w/o your desert. Not once, not twice, but three times. And maybe just maybe that’s what it took for Zach to come of age. 

I've been told that the Texans run the same defense as the Jets - just not as good - so if that's true then Zach has been practicing against that defense the past 3 years and that's why he ripped them apart. I hope that's not the reason that Zach was able to rip their defense apart. This upcoming Miami game is incredibly important on many different levels but if Zach can do to Miami what he did to the Texans it would mean so much to this Jets team and the whole organization - I mean  maybe just maybe the Jets have their franchise QB and it just took some time and benchings for him to develop. The kid can throw, he can scramble, he can compete - he has everything he needs except the mental processing and if he has that now then we got our guy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Larz said:

Miami is a good defense. If he makes good decisions against them and maintains his aggressive style and accuracy then it’s reasonable to say he’s turned a corner 

That's fair.  This is a good test where I don't expect the Jets to be playing from a big lead at any point.  But if they can be competitive throughout the game then we should get a decent assessment of Zach.

I think his stats will be 4.

That could be 2 TDs, 2 INTs.....or 0 TDs, 4 INTs..... but I'm really feeling a 5 this week.

4 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Today I learned that all it takes to exorcise the suck out of a QB is to tell them to play eff-it ball.