In August If I told you…

That the Jets only win 7 games again and the Packers with Jordan Love be going to a divisional playoff game you call me……?
Curious on what y’all think 

I would say you are a bitter and angry fan. You’re right. The NFL is crazy and some teams have it all figured out. They keep rebuilding in the fly.

The Browns getting smoked by the Texans is pretty cold.

They paid an arm and leg to the Texans for the right to fully guarantee 200+M to a QB who looks like he can’t play football any more.

Now the Texans not only own all the Browns’ premium draft capital, but they have an elite QB1 who is 23, weapons, and 4th most cap space in the league.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Now the Texans not only own all the Browns’ premium draft capital, but they have an elite QB1 who is 23, weapons, and 4th most cap space in the league.

As a Jet fan, after reading this post, I feel even more depressed. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

That the Jets only win 7 games again and the Packers with Jordan Love be going to a divisional playoff game you call me……?

I think posting this is idotic. Are you saying you predicted Rodgers wouldn’t  play? 

Please stop posting nonsense like this. 

18 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Well, it just goes to show how good one these young QBs can be if they sit behind a really good qb for a couple of seasons.  Plus it shows how badly a team can perform when they’re too full of themselves.

The challenge is - you have to have a good QB in the first place, to then allow your next guy to sit and not have to play straight away. If you don't have one, you never get into that cycle in the first place. Which sort of explains / justifies the Rodgers move ... although we are now pretty much in "win now" mode so still can't afford to do the draft-and-develop route anyway.

Best case - 2024 goes really well, playoffs and real success, everyone is back in 2025 with job security. Then you can look to draft that developmental guy knowing you have time to develop him.

Worst case - flush the toilet and start over - again. :-( 

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Well I sort of predicted I. I thought we would win 5-7 games this year in one of the worst trades of all time that the Jets made. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In early August if I told you the only story involving Aaron Rodgers during the first week of the NFL playoffs.......would involve him, Jeffrey Epstein's Pedo Island, Jimmy Kimmel and Lists........

In early August if I told you Brandin Echols would have more receiving yards for the 2023 Jets than Mecole Hardman, despite the latter never showing up on an injury report...

• Upvote 2

The packers saw Jordan love  in practice every day for 3 years. Why are people so shocked that they moved on from Rodgers / love is good? If Love didn’t look good, they wouldn’t have been eager to turn the page. The playoff win was shocking because it was so dominant but Jordan love being good isn’t.

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Rodgers got hurt. Would have been my first thought

I would have assumed Rodgers was washed up, hurt, or both. 

Heading into the year, I thought the NFC was pretty wide open outside of Philly/Dallas/SF, so GB being in the divisional round wouldn’t have totally shocked me (although it’s not what I would have predicted)

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Well, it just goes to show how good one these young QBs can be if they sit behind a really good qb for a couple of seasons.  Plus it shows how badly a team can perform when they’re too full of themselves.

Who did CJ Stroud sit behind ?  This old romanticized notion of a QB sitting and learning is BS . If a team has a good CS and development plan for a QB there is no need to sit. 

• Upvote 1

Rodgers getting hurt behind the line we assembled was very predictable.

We were still shuffling the offensive linemen around up until the opening game. They needed to be practicing together, in their regular positions, from day 1 of training camp. Douglas got sh*tty, injury prone players and Saleh moved them around like they were interchangeable. You can’t put a 40 year old pocket QB out there in that situation. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who did CJ Stroud sit behind ?  This old romanticized notion of a QB sitting and learning is BS . If a team has a good CS and development plan for a QB there is no need to sit. 

Zach wilson would be amazing if he sat forever and never actually played 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Please.  There are always outliers but just remember this is the same stroud who got pummeled by the jets.  It happens.

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Rodgers getting hurt behind the line we assembled was very predictable.

We were still shuffling the offensive linemen around up until the opening game. They needed to be practicing together, in their regular positions, from day 1 of training camp. Douglas got sh*tty, injury prone players and Saleh moved them around like they were interchangeable. You can’t put a 40 year old pocket QB out there in that situation. 

I mean yes the line sux but the play Rodgers got injured on was a quick hit to Garrett, Duane Brown cuts his man. The ball should be gone 

Aaron sees wilson looks right at him, turns it down (for something bigger?)

holds it for 4 seconds and gets spun down 

That was a normal hit by the way, guys take that hit every week and walk away 

In summary yes the line is like 25 percent why the Jets suck in general. But the other 75 percent is Rodgers physical and mental decline. He's gunshy that's why he got hurt. And that was on last years film too