CJ Uzomah expexted to be released

Long overdue.

Signing two TEs to big FA contracts in the same offseason was a bizarre decision by the Jets.

We can barely use one pass-catching TE competently, FFS.

At least Conklin worked out. Uzomah has been a good locker room guy, but of next to no use on the field.

• Upvote 1

It’s kind of…well, “fun” would be the wrong word—let’s say morbidly interesting watching the Jets talk like a team that has a real shot to win the Super Bowl this year even as they act like a team that’s embarking on a multiyear rebuild

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

JD means business!!! Not screwing around!! 

Serious question…

Douglas has been here 5 years now. Have the Jets given a second contract to any of the players he’s drafted or signed in free agency?

I’m trying to think of one?

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Serious question…

Douglas has been here 5 years now. Have the Jets given a second contract to any of the players he’s drafted or signed in free agency?

No to draft and FA. McGovern technically.

But yes to waiver pickups. JFM and Quincy were acquired through waivers and got meaningful second contracts.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Serious question…

I actually meant that as a humorous comment. However Quincy Williams comes to mind. Not sure if there are others.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Like I said at the time, it was a ridiculous, stupid overpay based on nonsensical reasoning 

Not to mention, like with all the other awful jag players on this team the jets kept trotting him out game after game and keeping Ruckert on the bench until they fully realized how terrible he was.

• Upvote 2