Huff to the Eagles

So now ... to get any sort of decent comp our richest FA contract must be under 17m per yr ?  Is that right .. anyone more in tune with that formula ? I mean it is not like there are massive holes to fill or anything.

So $17mm-$20mm per year

Yet if we tagged him apparently there was no way to get any compensation despite 1 year deals typically getting a premium over multi-year deals. 

Don't worry though - we'll get a comp pick in next year's draft... assuming we don't sign anyone of note this year. 

Anyone notice since JD left the Eagles they've only gotten better... what a joke. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I assume because the tag amount for edge rushers is more than they want to pay him. It's a big number at that position.

Right. But the Jets with Rodgers are on the year to year plan. Letting him walk for nothing the rationale isn’t there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Elite young pass-rusher lost for a reasonable contract.

Jets gave Carl Lawson $45M over 3 years three years ago, and are paying JFM $14M a year. But they won't pay this for an elite QB chaser in Huff?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

He probably didn't really want to be here. Can't blame him. This ship, she be a sinking. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Matt39 said:

Right. But the Jets with Rodgers are on the year to year plan. Letting him walk for nothing the rationale isn’t there. 

I mean, Douglas clearly misplayed his hand here. Losing Huff for nothing is very poor roster management.

But I'm sure the rationale is that McDonald will fill that role next year and we need to allocate that salary to offense, which is probably the right move -- you tag Huff there's always the fear he actually signs it.

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1