Jets sign Tyrod Taylor

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Old and injury prone

Hasnt been able to string 2 healthy, productive games together in ages

Joe Douglas making moves as if he’s on a professional suicide mission 

I’d rather have Tommy Devito

You need a quality 3rd stringer if Tyrod is your backup because Tyrod can never stay on the field 

I like the move, but we really do need one more qb with some NFL experience, just in case......

Just now, Bobby816 said:

This is just uneducated. How is Rodgers fragile? Because he got injured last year? And that was what his 2nd injury in 15 years starting? That’s durable if you ask me. The exact opposite of fragile.

Uneducated, hmph?  I'm sorry, maybe you didnt know he's finished back to back seasons injured.  Maybe you dont remember him blaming his sh*tty season in GB on his thumb?  Maybe you dont remember him hobbling around camp because of his calf or maybe you dont remember him falling to the ground 4 plays into the season?  Then there is also this thing called age.  You're not the same at 41 as you were at 28, you're more....fragile. 

• Upvote 1

Would have preferred Brissett but he signed with the Patriots where he has a much better chance to start. 

Tyrod Taylor is a solid signing for a backup QB. Hard to ask for much more. He has his flaws, but he can play.

Hopefully the Jets draft a QB in the middle rounds of this draft to be QB 3. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Jets were probably a playoff team last year if Tyrod was on the roster.

We would have been with Derek Carr too. Plus, we’d have Broderick Jones, our 2nd this year and the bonus of no Hackett, AR, Cobb, Lazard, Turner. Ah, what could have been.😩

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, section314 said:

We would have been with Derek Carr too. Plus, we’d have Broderick Jones, our 2nd this year and the bonus of no Hackett, AR, Cobb, Lazard, Turner. Ah, what could have been.😩

I guess you don’t remember that Hackett was already hired and sitting in those pictures of the dinner meeting with Carr.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I was hoping for Mahomes for one of the Jets' fourth rounders. But there's no way that bum JD could pull off that trade. So we have to settle for bargain basement at backup QB. 

If he knew football at all, he would have brought in that Mahomes guy. So what if it left us with only one fourth rounder? 

Kind of over the top but still pretty solid. 

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

Only us West Coast greaseballs, and maybe 30 something year olds with no kids... and also 60 year olds with insomnia... also maybe ppl who work late.. . WERE UP TO EXPERIENCE THIS GLIMMER OF POSITIVITY

I was up too, but fit in none of those categories.  Please expand to fit 50-something night owls working to support various addictions and other life problems.  Thank you.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I guess you don’t remember that Hackett was already hired and sitting in those pictures of the dinner meeting with Carr.

Of course I do. They could have made Carr the target all along and gone after a different OC. 

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sending thoughts and prayers to those brave men and women out there fighting on the battlefields of The Great Zach Wilson Bidding War. A nation thanks you. 

They are the same brace folks fresh from the battlefield of The Great Jets PR War of 2023

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Sending thoughts and prayers to those brave men and women out there fighting on the battlefields of The Great Zach Wilson Bidding War. A nation thanks you. 

And T0m is a veteran himself.  He fought in the Adam "Gase is going to be unemployed for thirty seconds" Gase bidding war!

It's been a long 30 seconds!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And T0m is a veteran himself.  He fought in the Adam "Gase is going to be unemployed for thirty seconds" Gase bidding war!

It's been a long 30 seconds!

Digging deep for those receipts! This must have been in a shoe box in the back of the closet.

9 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I like this a lot.  Giants looked at their best last year with Tyrod under center.  Honestly now that I think about it, I think I like him more than Tannehill in that backup role.  Good move.

7 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Out of all the available backups, we picked one that sucks and can't stay healthy. Joe Douglas truly is a POS. The fat around his brain is making all these horrific decisions.

You guys are the best! 

• Haha 2