Jets sign Tyrod Taylor

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Not sure why some are hating on this.

Guy has been one of the better backup QB’s for a decade.

And he reportedly signed for 2 years.

The Jets weren’t going to pay $12+ million a year for someone like Minshew or Brissett who they hope never even sees the field. Those guys were looking for starting opportunities and they’ll get them in Vegas and New England.

Well, it was Joe Douglas who made the signing, so that's why.

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Hey Mr. Little, you don't have to make the sky fall every time the Jets do something.

We all get the schtick: You hate JD, and the next GM already.  

You’re wrong.

It’s a bad move.  Nothing to do with any bias or “schtick”.

He’s better than Zach Wilson, but ZW is Cal Ripken compared to Taylor in terms of durability 

Nothing I stated was factually incorrect.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You’re wrong.

It’s a bad move.  Nothing to do with any bias or any “schtick”. 

He’s better than Zach Wilson, but ZW is Cal Ripken compared to Taylor in terms of durability 

Ok, who would you sign for how much?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You’re wrong.

It’s a bad move.  Nothing to do with any bias or “schtick”.

Nothing I stated was factually incorrect.

Yeah...The same guy half this board wanted years ago.

You're right.  We should have signed Kirk Cousins to back up Rodgers.  While we were at it, perhaps we could have somehow got Russell Wilson in here as our third QB. 

• Upvote 3

Minshew or Brissett or trade for Sam Howell
Taylor sucks AND he can’t stay on the field.  At age 34 he also has zero upside.  Other than that, he’s great.
Both those guy have a real chance to start. Get a clue.
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Minshew or Brissett or trade for Sam Howell

Taylor sucks AND he can’t stay on the field.  At age 34 he also has zero upside.  Other than that, he’s great.

You honestly don’t get that Minshew and Brissett were looking for a chance to start games?

Id rather take a chance on Taylor’s durability over the fact that Sam Howell sucks.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Sending thoughts and prayers to those brave men and women out there fighting on the battlefields of The Great Zach Wilson Bidding War. A nation thanks you. 

Wherefore art thou Fidelio  ... Wherefore art thou Fidelio  Cried Zachipoo Just one more Chance with the Jets I swear I'll stay on the Practice Squad @FidelioJet

On a side note Wentz Still out there and we sign this scrub ? WTF is wrong with this team 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Only us West Coast greaseballs and 30 something year olds with no kids... and also 60 year olds with insomnia... also maybe ppl who work late.. . WERE UP TO EXPERIENCE THIS GLIMMER OF POSITIVITY

It’s the other way around, friend 

I’m in my late 30s with 2 little Kids and I’m up all the time now! 

• Haha 4

Only us West Coast greaseballs, and maybe 30 something year olds with no kids... and also 60 year olds with insomnia... also maybe ppl who work late.. . WERE UP TO EXPERIENCE THIS GLIMMER OF POSITIVITY
This is a brilliant insight... Love it so much

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Sending thoughts and prayers to those brave men and women out there fighting on the battlefields of The Great Zach Wilson Bidding War. A nation thanks you. 

El fuego!

.7cebd49df11dd5851bf08ce133b3df6b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Only us West Coast greaseballs, and maybe 30 something year olds with no kids... and also 60 year olds with insomnia... also maybe ppl who work late.. . WERE UP TO EXPERIENCE THIS GLIMMER OF POSITIVITY

I feel targeted by the lack of a reference to overseas Jets fans in your post.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Some of you guys crack me up. Complain you want a vet backup. We get one that’s good and still complain.

I like this signing. It’s exactly what we needed at backup QB.

Exactly.. Tyrod is a HUGE upgrade over zach. Watching giants some last yr, I don’t think it was even close, he was their best qb on their roster all yr.. He demonstrated he can handle nyc and meadowlands winds.. Also huge is he was able to overcome a bad OL. Something Daniel jones and Zach Wilson were horrible at. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Let’s be honest. He was as good as we were ever going to do at this spot. Good guy, can usually give you a competent game or two before he inevitably gets injured.

This year is all about how good Rodgers can be, and him staying healthy. If we see Taylor in 3 or more games it wasn’t meant to be for this group..

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You honestly don’t get that Minshew and Brissett were looking for a chance to start games?

Id rather take a chance on Taylor’s durability over the fact that Sam Howell sucks.

3E70BC37-04B4-4E3B-B43E-E9FBE4C6E160.gif.67fe2ee1fb1b046495905933eda30294.gif

Love this move. 

Familiarity with the New York market. Great locker room guy. Very talented. Would have taken us to the playoffs had he been on this team last year. Not much more you can ask for in a backup. 

Not surprised we missed out on guys like Minshew and Brissett. Those guys are likely looking at starting roles. Taylor brings a quality veteran presence to the QB room and he knows his role. 

• Upvote 3