If you thought last year was awful...

Get ready for the most epic dumbest season of all times. Mediocre GM, clueless HC, OC coach, OL coach, all coming back with a vengeance to make sure everything that was left standing last season is destroyed. Get ready for another locker room disaster. And Rodgers... hahaha, he will never play for the New York Jets again.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 12
  • WTF? 4
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is the kind of dopey thread that was supposed to be posted between the super bowl and the start of the new league year.  There is stuff going on now, this isn't the time.  Maybe it should have been held for between the draft and mini-camp.

+1

Seems oddly random for a thread today tbh.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Get ready for the most epic dumbest season of all times. Mediocre GM, clueless HC, OC coach, OL coach, all coming back with a vengeance to make sure everything that was left standing last season is destroyed. Get ready for another locker room disaster. And Rodgers... hahaha, he will never play for the New York Jets again.

Confused Little Girl GIF

Are you ok?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I get the let’s stay positive responses. Can’t say what the OP is saying in this post is out of the realm of possibility- in fact he may be spot on. Just when you think this clown car of an organization can’t be anymore inept- they always seem to say ( hold my beer). 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I can’t say I’m all that confident in saleh to get and keep the team ready but I think Rodgers will be able to get the offense to play better.  I also think Douglas has thus far done good at filling some of the holes with free agents.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Great ANOTHER dumb JD sucks post! 

This site is f'ing depressing. A bunch of know nothing about football just venting emotional nonsense. 

I think your panties are wadded up and causing pressure...lol

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Great ANOTHER dumb JD sucks post! 

This site is f'ing depressing. A bunch of know nothing about football just venting emotional nonsense. 

I think your panties are wadded up and causing pressure...lol

Yup

4 minutes ago, Jetty said:

God I hate Jet fans more than I hate the team

Seriously it’s unreal. We actually signed a legit backup QB, something Jets fans have been demanding, two young lineman with upside, and more coming, and we still have this crap from fans. 

• Upvote 3

Anyone who thinks this season could be worse than watching Zach Wilson and Tim Boyle play I just don't know what to say....

Our OL was worst in the league last year, our QB play was the worst in the league last year - it literally cannot go anywhere but up. 

Not saying it will be good - but I think there are still some people who aren't aware about just how f'n terrible our QB play was last year and how even Tyrod Taylor would be an insanely massive upgrade. 

• Upvote 2

JD clearly has a type when it comes to OL

So-called “mauler” or “finisher” in the run game who isn’t as good in pass pro.

He’s never going to change his way of thinking.

It’s been 5 years and the Jets still have one of the worst O-lines in football.

When the Jets have had success, they have done it with dominant OL play.

For instance:  Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore, Woody

You can win with 1 or 2 average guys if the other dudes are elite but AVT is returning from torn Achilles, who knows what Tippman will be in year 2, and whoever starts at LT will presumably be a rookie.

Bakthtiari has missed like 80% of games over last 3 seasons and just failed his physical in GB.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Anyone who thinks this season could be worse than watching Zach Wilson and Tim Boyle play I just don't know what to say....

Our OL was worst in the league last year, our QB play was the worst in the league last year - it literally cannot go anywhere but up. 

Not saying it will be good - but I think there are still some people who aren't aware about just how f'n terrible our QB play was last year and how even Tyrod Taylor would be an insanely massive upgrade. 

How do we know Aaron Rodgers is going to stay healthy and not get destroyed behind one of the perennially worst O-lines in football?

Tyrod Taylor is better than Tim Boyle, but so is @Fantasy Island 

Taylor also has his own track record of not being able to stay on the field.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

stripes lighten GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Thats if he can stay on the field he didn't fair to well with the Giants. Only good signing was Kinlaw who is absolute beast when healthy don't like the Simpson signing he has highest penalty of any OL losing Bryce Huff and not getting anything in return is even bigger blunder I rather have restructure some contracts and sign Huff rather then give him away for nothing just really sucks the life out of a fan to see this 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Per Joe Caporoso on his podcast with Connor Rodgers, Hackett was routinely working 18 hour weeks in season. In case you had any questions about this staffs commitment.

Top tier quiet quitting, imo.

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Ok we will count you as “undecided.”

He’s a Russian spy who was imprisoned and escaped the US and now living in Ecuador. His new mission is to undermine the hope of Jets fans and our pursuit of our favorite pastime. They will do everything and anything they can to disrupt life in the USA. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

4 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Ok we will count you as “undecided.”

Around these parts this  is considered "cautiously optimistic." 

• Haha 2

The op could certainly be correct.   We have ZERO clue how well Rodgers will play.   He had his worst year since his rookie year his last year and missed the playoffs  in green bay, the same team did well this year with Love.

Rodgers is a year older and coming off a full missed year.   We have an awful oc and have to hope that Rodgers can not only do it physically but can handle the anchor that is Hackett.

The assumption is hat Rodgers will make every one much better, maybe he will but if he doesn't  we are toast again.

• Upvote 3