Loss was expected in SF - Will be 4-1 after 5 games

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think if we are being honest with ourselves 95% of us had last night as a loss. yes the defense was bad especially against the rush. but again we are never good against the run.

and this is why you dont give Hall whatever he wants. he is a "feast or Famine" RB who is famine alot more then he is feasting.

what really bothered me was why did we keep running Hall when he obviously didnt have it last night. Allen is supposed to be good so why not give him some carries earlier and see if maybe he could have done something.

we were flat and this is why they should have got a quarter or 2 in preseason like SF and others did with their starters.

this is the 3rd week 1 that a Saleh coached OL looks like crap. maybe it has something to do with him never playing his starters in preseason?

and to add to this, last year he started his starters in the last preseason game and we won week 1. just saying........

5 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Not many predicted the Jets would beat the 49ers in SF, but sure, we all hoped they would. The defense is concerning. But with games against the Titans (away), Pats (home), Broncos (home) and Vikings home) upcoming, prior to our game against the Bills, I truly believe we will be 4-1 after 5 games. 

Not many talking about how solid Aaron Rodgers looked.  Not his fault, the defense gave him very little opportunity to possess the ball. The offensive line was good in protection. Could be better in the running game, but again, we were playing a super bowl caliber team in their stadium. CMC or no CMC, they are a top tier team. Aaron Rodgers postgame showed us what it is to be a leader, taking the blame for the bad throw. Didn't point any fingers. No panic. The rust is gone. 

We will rebound with 4 straight victories. Heard it here first. 

Just one question is marijuana legal in your state?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The Jets are simply not an elite team, no matter how much we all want it. It's a poser organization with an absolutely clueless owner and a 3rd-rate coaching staff. We won't be doing any real damage with these people in charge.

And with wilson gone there’s nowhere to hide and no one else to blame.  While rodgers looks rusty he doesn’t look cooked.  But the offensive game plans are still crappy and the d isn’t elite so they will always hold the other team.  If this team can’t score there’s going to be a a housecleaning

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Not many talking about how solid Aaron Rodgers looked.  Not his fault, the defense gave him very little opportunity to possess the ball. The offensive line was good in protection

Losing always buries the good takeaways from the game….Im actually excited for what the offense could look like once Rodgers is dialed in after missing a season of football. 

OL looked pretty good in pass Pro….they didn’t get a push in the running game but I think opponent and playcalling played a factor. Hackett rotated btwn outside zone and tosses as his only run calls it seemed and the 9ers were dialed in on it….some variety in the run game and spelling Breece a bit more may have helped 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Losing always buries the good takeaways from the game….Im actually excited for what the offense could look like once Rodgers is dialed in after missing a season of football. 

OL looked pretty good in pass Pro….they didn’t get a push in the running game but I think opponent and playcalling played a factor. Hackett rotated btwn outside zone and tosses as his only run calls it seemed and the 9ers were dialed in on it….some variety in the run game and spelling Breece a bit more may have helped 

Agree.  In hindsight this was a poor matchup.  Our offense looked decent considering they were barely on the field and San Fran's stacked defense.  I'm not excusing our defensive performance but the Shanahan offense does this to teams built like our every single year.  We're built to stop a different style of offense.  Belechick used to make the Peyton era Colts look silly in the playoffs by running down their throats.  

I'm still confident this team wins a lot of games, but they still need to perform a hell of a lot better than they did last night.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

it's not the loss I'm concerned about.  It's Saleh's atrocious defense.

Not to make an excuse, but the DT on IR was signed for games like this.    Williams and Kinlaw did not really earn their money either.  

6 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Saleh’s defense has been good for his time as coach here. Do you think it’s bad now? Or will get figured out

I think it has been overrated since day 1, but never moreso than now.

7 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Not many predicted the Jets would beat the 49ers in SF,

I flip-flopped my prediction on the last minute since they were short-handed.  I thought at the moment that we could handle a back-up RB, hence having doubts about our running D.  We lost some dawgs this offseason and Ulbrich reversed back to his first year as DC.  

Also, our offense 3 and outs at the beginning of the game set the tempo for the game.  

Regardless, it is the same pathetic results from this management.  

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

I was telling anyone who would listen that we were getting obliterated last night. We’re not ready for that game yet however talented the roster may be.

Saleh’s defences have always had weeks were they sh*t the bed. Hopefully this is just another of those and we beat the piss out of the Titans next week. If we’re bullied by their one dimensional offence next week then I’ll panic. 

Even listening to Rodgers interview pregame I think this is how he expected the early season to play out. There was always going to be growing pains with the amount of turnover around a QB coming off an achilles tear.

It’s rare that I’m among the optimists lol. People need to chill. Nothing is ****ed yet. 

100%  I knew they'd lose, obviously the fashion of the loss stings and the D being so surprisingly bad but a loss is a loss is a loss.  It's week 1, now you got sh*t on tape, go get it right and bounce back vs. an inferior opponent.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Callahan and the Titans run game won’t be an easy stop. 

They’re so one dimensional that we can pretty much sell out though. I watched them last week and they were just so bad down the stretch.

If we lose and Levis balls out against us it’s imperative that Florham Park is nuked. 

Count me in this group -- not that worried, I think we're about to go on a little win streak.

Did we look bad? Yep. Week 1 against the 2nd best team in the league (and probably the most talented team in the league top to bottom.) But it's a marathon not a sprint and that's probably our toughest game of the year.

The offense wasn't great, for sure, OL got whooped most of the game. But the reality is this was a road game against one of the best defenses in the league with a QB who hasn't played a game in almost two years breaking in three new offensive lineman. It was going to be a "growing pains" game.

The good news -- and the most  important thing in terms outlook this year -- is that despite a few shaky reps where he was running for his life Rodgers looked like Rodgers. There were bonefide signs he can still sling it.

The defense got their asses handed to them, but this was a really tough matchup. 9ers have an elite scheme and run game and Shanahan (probably the smartest offensive coach in the league) knows this defense inside and out. He clowned Saleh and Ulbrich and we got out-physicaled in the trenches -- not good. But we're not playing the 9ers 17x. Again, this is probably our hardest game of the season.

If we look like ass against the Titans next week, it will be time to panic. But I think the odds of us being 4-1 going into the Bills game remains pretty high.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Why is everyone acting like we are playing the Carolina panthers next week

Levis is bad bad. The Jets defense is also allergic to turnovers and Callahan is one of the best run game designers ever. Pollard and Spears are good enough backs to do damage:

• Upvote 1