Davante Adams trade comp poll

Earlies pick you'd give up for Davante Adams, is?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What would you give up?

The Jets obviously won't be the only team making a run at Adams.  A lot of talk so far about parting with a 3.  But if a team like Dallas offers a 2, do you match that? 

Just wondering where fans are in terms of what they'd be willing to part with to add Adams.

What's the earliest pick you'd be willing to part with to get Adams.

Doesn't Adams have sone power here?  He's due 36 million each of the next 2 years so will have to restructure with the team trading for him. 

He's on record saying if he leaves it would be to reunite with Aaron. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Doesn't Adams have done power here?  He's due 36 million the next 2 years so will have to restructure with the team trading for him. 

Adams has some leverage in the sense that he could give a team he doesn't want to be traded to a hard time about restructuring his deal........ which would scare them off.

If he wanted to force his way here there's a roadmap for him to do so as long as JD is willing to part with draft capital that would satisfy the Raiders FO

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Adams has some leverage in the sense that he could give a team he doesn't want to be traded a hard time about restructuring his deal........ which would scare them off.

If he wanted to force his way here there's a roadmap for him to do so as long as JD is willing to part with draft capital that would satisfy the Raiders FO

JD has no choice but to sacrifice draft capital cause its do or die for him & Robby if they dont make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

JD has no choice but to sacrifice draft capital cause its do or die for him & Robby if they dont make the playoffs. 

Agreed

If the Raiders are serious this shouldn't drag out IMO.......JD hoarding picks he may not get to make in a do or die year would be disgusting

Raiders aren’t exactly this good running organization. As we know as well being even worse.

But they should be able to have some humility to realize they did Adams dirty. They “talked him into” getting traded to them and paying him to play with Carr. They in turn bench and trade away the reason he agreed to go to them and sign long term. So they are the ones that big time changed things.

They owe it to him to send him somewhere he wants to go.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I give up nothing.  I don't trade for Adams.

We have more than enough WR talent.  If Rodgers can't make it work, Adams isn't going to change that.

And I'm not investing another dollar in the JD/Saleh regime beyond this season now.  

Fans love to dream of saviors and panacea one-move "big name" answers.  Lol.  

Very fair lol.

I do think he'd make a big enough impact. But it's not gonna be some cure all, to where they start putting up 40 points a game.

The run game woes are more of an issue imo.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We have more than enough WR talent.  If Rodgers can't make it work, Adams isn't going to change that.

And I'm not investing another dollar in the JD/Saleh regime beyond this season now.  

You aren’t wrong but the difference between last year of the quitter and this year with Rodgers has been pretty astounding. Lazard isn’t a rats pubic hair the receiver Adam’s is, so Id do it. Truth is this likely the last days of this regime anyways, so why not go out swinging? Guess we can file this under one fat man’s morbid curiosity? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

More than enough WR talent for what? The idea is to win a Super Bowl. If Davante adams helps achieve that we should do it. Hell, a third rounder is worth it if nothing else as insurance in an all in year. Unless you think next years Malachai Corley is a key to next years Super Bowl run? 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

Doesn't Adams have sone power here?  He's due 36 million each of the next 2 years so will have to restructure with the team trading for him. 

It's not guaranteed, they can cut and resign him.

40 minutes ago, Pac said:

Davante could pull a Hassan with Cowboys or whoever. He wants to play with Aaron. 

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Rams won a superbowl trading for saviors.  A pick in the late 50s next year or Davante Adams at a reasonable price (I'm sure he'll give the team a discount) doesn't seem like much of a choice. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Soon as the Jets trade for Davante Adams, I believe Garrett Wilson wants out. His piss poor numbers this season will only go down with Adams here. 

I don't think so. His numbers should go up bc he wont be doubled anymore

If the ask is a 2nd or 3rd round pick and the Jets are unwilling to pull the trigger, either they just aren't serious about winning it all or they're just the biggest mickey mouse organization in the NFL. If there was ever an "all in" year, this is it! How is this even debatable?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

More than enough WR talent for what? The idea is to win a Super Bowl. If Davante adams helps achieve that we should do it. Hell, a third rounder is worth it if nothing else as insurance in an all in year. Unless you think next years Malachai Corley is a key to next years Super Bowl run? 

That’s the rub though. Do you think this team can win the Super Bowl, even with Adams? I don’t. Playoffs yes, the whole thing, no. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the ask is a 2nd or 3rd round pick and the Jets are unwilling to pull the trigger, either they just aren't serious about winning it all or they're just the biggest mickey mouse organization in the NFL. If there was ever an "all in" year, this is it! How is this even debatable?

Since a 2 is Vegas' initial request, I don't think a 2 will absolutely be required.  If they were asking for a 1 then that would change things a bit.  But as it stands this deal is a no-brainer.

Go big or go home.  Trade a first to get him.  Or Garret Wilson.

Last year was his fourth straight 100 catch seasons with Aidan O'Connell and Jimmy G throwing him passes.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2