Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

Well. Rodney Harrison is a clueless moron, "I can tell you, this is the last thing Seattle needs,'' Harrison said recently. "Those guys in that New England locker room are pumped. After all the hard work they've put in, after all they've accomplished, after all they've done, to have people doubt them?"

Considering he cheated above and beyond the Pats institutionalized cheating it's not a surprise. Nothing that lying sack of sh*t did in his career was legit. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

header_sportsnation_gry.gif

What do you make of allegations that 11 of the Patriots' 12 footballs on Sunday were underinflated?

•  
    25%
    Still too many unanswered questions to make a judgment
  •  
    51%
    Patriots got caught pulling a fast one, which was particularly dumb since they didn't need the advantage
  •  
    24%
    Who cares? The Patriots won by 38; a little more air wouldn't have made a difference

btn-discuss.png (Total votes: 70,400)

All good, Super Bowl winning teams know how to gain a competitive advantage:

Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Brad Johnson paid people off to modify footballs ahead of his teams’ 48-21 trouncing of the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl XXXVII, according to a report.

Johnson had trouble gripping wet, cold or out-of-the-box footballs, but he made sure before the game that the 100 footballs that the NFL set aside were scuffed, the Tampa Bay Times reports.

"I paid some guys off to get the balls right," Johnson said. "I went and got all 100 footballs, and they took care of all of them."

Johnson admitted that he spent $7,500 to have the balls altered. A week before, during the NFC Championship game in Philadelphia – where it was a freezing 26 degrees at kickoff – Johnson was forced to use a glove to grip the footballs.

In Super Bowl XXXVII, Johnson completed 18 for 34 passes for 215 yards, with two touchdowns and an interception, while his opponent, Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon, struggled with five interceptions.

I'll hold you all night if I have to. Come here big guy.

Not happening. It's too big of a game and there's too much peripheral $ to do something like that. Too many people paid too much money for tickets, airfare, non-refundable hotel rooms at gouge-rates (3-4 night minimums, too). Any game prior to that, while still unprecedented, is possible.

The SB is its own animal.

There isn't a 1/1000 chance of bumping them from the SB, particularly after such a convincing victory. Bumping them punishes a lot of people who have already shelled out a lot of their money on that upcoming game. 99.9% of the people who would be punished by such a move had nothing to do with it and had no idea it was going on.

It won't happen, but it would be nice if the other teams all banded together to force Goodell to do something truly serious about them that will be felt. Any fine is pointless and painless unless they're fining Belichick some outlandish amount like $15 million (which will also never happen).

I don't know what Goodell will do but I'm optimistic it won't be a $25K fine.

I know not hapopneing,, my best shot at NFL making statement is Belly suspended for 2015 since Peyton nailed and NFL said was because they were previously warned, aka Pats w/Spygate,,,fair is fair.. Its called Peyton vs NFL,,,JGBs , go for it ;)

Unfortunately it won't matter match if Belicheat gets personally fined $1 Million cause he just signed a $10 Million deal to be the spokesperson for Ashley Madison.com for the next 10 years.

If he get suspended by NFL he forfeits that years salary,,if he gets suspended for life , he gets zilch.

You know i just don't buy this school of thought that there should be a one year suspension for Belichick just because Sean Payton got suspended for one year.

It was Sean Payton's first transgression.

For Belichick it's the second time they have found his team violating the league rules. There should be a lot harsher punishment for this.

Rodney Harrision thinks the Seahawks are in trouble because in light of this the Pats really have something to prove. Before, they just kind of wanted to win the Super Bowl. Now they REALLY want to win the Super Bowl?

Can NBC's Super Bowl coverage please start with Cris Collinsworth pointing out how completely and utterly stupid Rodney Harrison is?

Rodney Harrision thinks the Seahawks are in trouble because in light of this the Pats really have something to prove. Before, they just kind of wanted to win the Super Bowl. Now they REALLY want to win the Super Bowl?

Can NBC's Super Bowl coverage please start with Cris Collinsworth pointing out how completely and utterly stupid Rodney Harrison is?

Let's see how the Pats are after a spending the entire week in Glendale answering questions about this.

I am starting to like Seattle more and more

LOL

They needed an additional incentive to play in the SB. Rodney Harrison is a partisan hack.

Oh how I wish Dan Patrick would deadpan something to make him look like a fool on SB Sunday when he makes this point.

Do it Dan! Because you know that idiot Tony Dungy will agree with Harrison on something this stupid so you crush them with a single blow. 

Then Belly wont be suspended. They wouldnt announce news like that week before SB, takes away too much attention. It would wait till after SB.

So it must be draft picks/fine, Belly stays. As JGBs said: Some low level employee will take bullet for doing on his own.

The fact that they kept that 12th ball within league spec shows this wasn't a mistake but a calculated scheme. "Hey this ball is flat, give us another." Out comes the properly inflated one.

The hammer is going to drop on Belichick. I'd prefer for him to be suspended for all of next season... it helps the Jets more. Although being suspended for the Superbowl would tarnish his legacy completely and probably keep him out of the hall of fame.

The hammer is going to drop on Belichick. I'd prefer for him to be suspended for all of next season... it helps the Jets more. Although being suspended for the Superbowl would tarnish his legacy completely and probably keep him out of the hall of fame.

Part of me wants him suspended for the entire 2015 season because, as you said, it does help the Jets a considerable amount.

The other part of me doesn't want him to be on the sideline when the Jets beat them so that they don't have that excuse to fall back on.

They should do a PSA about steroids and then show Rodney Harrison saying anything 

I'd prefer for him to be suspended for all of next season... it helps the Jets more.

How does that help the Jets?

Even if BB gets suspended for the season, Jets will win no more than 4-6 games and the Pats will continue to win their annual 12+ games.

How do yo see that helping the Jets?

Archived