Roger Goodell says Deflategate report should be released 'soon'...***updated 5/6: REPORT RELEASED*** (starts page 8)

Jet Fan RI

Goodell set the precedent in the Saints Bountygate case. Ignorance is not an excuse. If one member of the organization is guilty, the whole organization is guilty. 

Boom goes the dynamite!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Precedent was set with Sean Payton in New Orleans.

Whether or not Bill knew, doesn't matter. Cheating happened on his watch. He needs to be made accountable along with Brady is gay.

Tom Brady suspended one year, Bill Bellichek suspended 6 games!

What it should be.

Pats penalized, no salami at the post-game food table for week 1.

What it will be.

That is exactly what it should be.  Tom Brady should not be able to play a game next year and BB should be a minimum of a 4 games....#1 pick....

But any suspension for both I would be okay with - signals a ruling by the league that they are guilty and not "probably"

What are the chances this thread will still be going on by the time the season starts..lol

Some jet fans just cant get their heads out of New England a$$..

The obsession is strong out here! Ha ha

JETS fan's are so obsessed with the Pats that they go on Pats site's to troll them.....oh wait!

Ha ha..my new favorite quote.

Yes Brady has been fooling the world since he stepped onto a NFL field(sarcasm ). .ha ha

Have you ever heard of "you have the right to remain silent ?" The reason that was created was because people generally say the dumbest and most damming things when they are "caught". 

You might want to consider that. 

The report kind of goes out of its way to exonerate Belichick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/brady-assured-belichick-he-did-nothing-wrong-in-deflategate/

“Belichick asked Brady directly whether he had any knowledge about any of the issues raised by the press since the AFC Championship Game,” the report says. “According to Belichick, Brady said ‘absolutely not.’ Belichick stated that he then asked if Brady or anyone Brady knew had tampered with or in any way altered the footballs. Brady again denied any knowledge or involvement. Belichick recalled that Brady also explained that once he inspects and approves game balls, those balls are exactly as he likes them and that he would not want anyone to do anything to them after that point. Belichick believed Brady. Belichick and Brady attended the team meeting, and Belichick told the team that there was ‘not one shred of truth’ to the deflation allegations. When given the floor, Brady repeated what he had told Belichick about wanting game balls to be exactly as he approved them.”

The investigation strongly suggests that Brady did, in fact, pressure the Patriots’ equipment staff to deflate footballs used by the team. But the investigation also suggests that Belichick was unaware. If the NFL is going to make a high-profile person within the Patriots organization suffer consequences over this, it’s going to be Brady, not Belichick.

"Maybe you will have some nice size 11's in ur locker"

"Tom must be working your balls hard this week"

"I have a big needle for you this week"

"Can't wait to give you the needle this week"

This is hilarious.

"Maybe you will have some nice size 11's in ur locker"

"Tom must be working your balls hard this week"

"I have a big needle for you this week"

"Can't wait to give you the needle this week"

This is hilarious.

this guy was getting paid with Uggs? what a loser

I say appropriate punishment would be to suspend Brady for 1 game and maybe BB, too. Forfeit the #1 draft pick in 2016 and then fine the team $1 million. These guys are repeat offenders. If a player is found failing the drug testing, repeat offenders receive worse fines than first timers.

Are you kidding? Brady and Belichick should be suspended for a year, effective immediately; they should lose 1st and 2nd round picks next season; and should get a million dollar fine.

Goodell set the precedent in the Saints Bountygate case. Ignorance is not an excuse. If one member of the organization is guilty, the whole organization is guilty. 

Well given the fact that generally and it has been reported as facts in the process. Coaches generally don't deal with the QB and the equipment manager on things like ball pressure....ahh good luck with hoping and wishing something is done to BB.

before Jastremski surrendered his cell phone to the Patriots later that day for forensic imaging

ahhh let me know if my comprehension is off, Jastremski surrendered his cell to the patriots later that day FOR FORENSIC IMAGING....i dont know about you but that sounds like 

1. it's after that fact

and

2. it's the patriots cooperating with the investigation not in on the whole deflation of the footballs..

The report kind of goes out of its way to exonerate Belichick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/06/brady-assured-belichick-he-did-nothing-wrong-in-deflategate/

“Belichick asked Brady directly whether he had any knowledge about any of the issues raised by the press since the AFC Championship Game,” the report says. “According to Belichick, Brady said ‘absolutely not.’ Belichick stated that he then asked if Brady or anyone Brady knew had tampered with or in any way altered the footballs. Brady again denied any knowledge or involvement. Belichick recalled that Brady also explained that once he inspects and approves game balls, those balls are exactly as he likes them and that he would not want anyone to do anything to them after that point. Belichick believed Brady. Belichick and Brady attended the team meeting, and Belichick told the team that there was ‘not one shred of truth’ to the deflation allegations. When given the floor, Brady repeated what he had told Belichick about wanting game balls to be exactly as he approved them.”

The investigation strongly suggests that Brady did, in fact, pressure the Patriots’ equipment staff to deflate footballs used by the team. But the investigation also suggests that Belichick was unaware. If the NFL is going to make a high-profile person within the Patriots organization suffer consequences over this, it’s going to be Brady, not Belichick.

Like I said, that was the Saints, not his boo owner's team.

IMHO, a team should be able to bring the balls they like, however they like it. But the rule is clearly stated, and it's clear that Brady throws better when they're deflated, meaning every game he's played with deflated balls is tainted. Therefore Brady is, indeed, a POS. **** him and **** the pats. 

Brady should be out for the season and Belichik 8 games.  Troy Vincent used to play in the NFL so I'm hoping he is a bit harsh.

This is embarassing to football.  Rules are rules and Brady broke them.  While rape, murder, drugs, etc. are bad things and in society are worse what Brady did is worse than that. 

I've read bits and pieces of the report and it's disturbing.  Brady wasn't even cooperative in this report.

I feel bad for you.  You are a good fan.  You deserve better than this.  You are welcome to come be a fan of the Jets.   I just checked. "JetsFan Tx" is still available.  Give me the word and it's done.  

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Why weren't the patriots disciplined before the draft ? Now if they're to take away draft picks it'll be a WHOLE year before it would come into effect....

On another note, the seahawks were literally inches and a handoff away from being Super Bowl champs which makes it even more frustrating.  

The more and more i read this report the more it becomes apparent that Tom Brady and the Patriots did their best to no co-operate with the investigation.

Brady did not submit his phone as required.

Pats counsel denied to make McNally available for a follow up interview which was sought by the investigators.

Then i read Robert Kraft's reaction "“Throughout the process of this nearly four-month investigation, we have cooperated and patiently awaited its outcome."

Archived