### NY Jets vs Indianaoplis Colts --- MNF Game Thread ###

Maxman

I think the Colts are daring Fitz to beat them deep.  Putting men in the box, and then playing man coverage and forcing him to throw it deep.   Which is what any other good defense should do as well.  He needs to have better touch on these deep passes, the ones to Owusu weren't even close.  The defense looks excellent though.  

• Upvote 1

When did Jeremy Kerley turn into Jerry Rice , you guys act like we're missing an all time great wr out there. Enumwa missed two balls , just like Decker, remember this is his first real game action. 

Kerley would have more than likely caught those. That's all we're saying. Why are you making it more than that? Jerry rice?? lol

No.  Just someone who will catch a pass is all. 

It's been a very good half all things considered. Fitz started sharp and they can't deal with Marshall/Decker in the short/intermediate game. The running game is a disaster though and it's killing our drives. 

Defensively it's been a masterclass after a slow start. Have been getting the pressure on Luck and the WR's are consistently covered. Haven't seen that in about 5 years. Really promising from a unit with arguably their second best player missing. Turnovers!

The missed kick hurt. Would have been nice to close out that good half on a high. Colts are a quick strike team and if we lose momentum the game can be gone pretty quickly. This is a game pretty much everyone had down as a loss before the season. We're coping really well.

I think the Colts are daring Fitz to beat them deep.  Putting men in the box, and then playing man coverage and forcing him to throw it deep.   Which is what any other good defense should do as well.  He needs to have better touch on these deep passes, the ones to Owusu weren't even close.  The defense looks excellent though.  

I don't like these lobs to Marshall when he is covered and the CB has safety help. There is enough other stuff there....just keep picking them apart underneath.

• Upvote 2

Let's hope the Colts don't make us pay for letting them hang around. The offense is beating itself right now. Surprised we're struggling to run it. Pass game could be better too. Defense looks great.

Road game against a perennial playoff team. Hard to complain.

Yeah, the OL seriously needs to get their sh*t together.  The game plan seems to be somewhat run and gun, and it's clearly not working.  Definitely need some serious half-time adjustments for the O.

both long balls to marshal hit the receivers hand(s). just good coverage. don't know how you can come to the conclusion that fitz sucks at the long ball

No they didn't...... look again the interception hit the defenders hand and Marshall was trying to get the bounce.

If you think those are good throws down field I don't know what to tell you other than I don't agree.  I am homer but I am fair and Fritz' limitations are dictating how Chan calls this game.

It's been a very good half all things considered. Fitz started sharp and they can't deal with Marshall/Decker in the short/intermediate game. The running game is a disaster though and it's killing our drives. 

Defensively it's been a masterclass after a slow start. Have been getting the pressure on Luck and the WR's are consistently covered. Haven't seen that in about 5 years. Really promising from a unit with arguably their second best player missing. Turnovers!

The missed kick hurt. Would have been nice to close out that good half on a high. Colts are a quick strike team and if we lose momentum the game can be gone pretty quickly. This is a game pretty much everyone had down as a loss before the season. We're coping really well.

I agree with everything you just said. I fear the momentum swing with only 10 on the board. 

We have 7 turnovers this season already. That in and of itself is a huge improvement for the Jets and I love it! 

• Upvote 1

We should be winning this game 24-0! Horrible play calling, to many throw away 2nd downs, why is Fitz trying to go deep? They have 4 unknown CB, run crossing routes, impossible for inexperienced CBs.

i get what Bowles & Chan are trying to do, tire the sh*t out of the Colts defense but my god the defense deserved more than a 10-0 halftime team playing Andrew Luck. One freaking play & they're down only 3 freaking points! I'm really pissed at the pussy playcalling, I expected more from Chan, he might need to knock the rust off himself getting back into game situations as a play caller. We had the ball for the entire half so their D can't be feeling too fresh after spending so much time on the field in Buffalo too. This would be a horrible loss if we let the Colts win this.

I don't like these lobs to Marshall when he is covered and the CB has safety help. There is enough other stuff there....just keep picking them apart underneath.

Deep passing is the biggest issue with Fitz, and it's showing up today.  With Vonte Davis out, should be able to move down the field passing at will but we seem to stall for some reason after a few passes.   

No they didn't...... look again the interception hit the defenders hand and Marshall was trying to get the bounce.

If you think those are good throws down field I don't know what to tell you other than I don't agree.  I am homer but I am fair and Fritz' limitations are dictating how Chan calls this game.

point was the throws weren't bad. maybe the descision to throw the ball was bad, both were excellent coverage

Nah, they seem to have 2 or 3 men around every deep ball, the DB's probably covering for their inexperience. The plays seem like pre determined shots downfield. It's not working at all. 

I was like who the hell is he talking about and then I was like...damnit Sheldon

Nah, they seem to have 2 or 3 men around every deep ball, the DB's probably covering for their inexperience. The plays seem like pre determined shots downfield. It's not working at all. 

they are playing a lot of zone.  I would just keep looking for Decker underneath----until they stop it

Edited by jack48

We should be winning this game 24-0! Horrible play calling, to many throw away 2nd downs, why is Fitz trying to go deep? They have 4 unknown CB, run crossing routes, impossible for inexperienced CBs.

i get what Bowles & Chan are trying to do, tire the sh*t out of the Colts defense but my god the defense deserved more than a 10-0 halftime team playing Andrew Luck. One freaking play & they're down only 3 freaking points! I'm really pissed at the pussy playcalling, I expected more from Chan, he might need to knock the rust off himself getting back into game situations as a play caller. We had the ball for the entire half so their D can't be feeling too fresh after spending so much time on the field in Buffalo too. This would be a horrible loss if we let the Colts win this.

definitely should have scored a little more.