Does anyone still give a crap?

Joe Jets fan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been telling friends and family: this might just be the year that I stopped caring about the N.Y. Jets and the NFL in general. I knew Fitzpatrick would be a franchise spinning its wheels, but the uninspiring head coach and player performances all around have left me completely uninterested. I had more interest in the Kotite years. 

its a perfect storm for me, the NFL kinda sucks overall, jets are lost again, and this board has the same argument everyday, just with different crappy QB's in the equation

my dad lost interest in team sport as he got older, now he's watches golf every now and then and that's about it

I'm getting there, will probably be bandwagon status in 2 years

I was jealous of Cleveland Thursday night.  They suck of course.  But at least they're trying.  Think they played 3 QBs.  Can't fault a team for trying.  And they're gonna have the #1 pick.  

I can deal with losing.  I can't deal with losing, complacency and stupidity though.

The Jets suck and aren't even trying to get better.

We currently root for the worst organization in football.  :bag:

Please bench Fitz, and leave him on the bench no matter what happens.

10 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I was jealous of Cleveland Thursday night.  They suck of course.  But at least they're trying.  Think they played 3 QBs.  Can't fault a team for trying.  And they're gonna have the #1 pick.  

I can deal with losing.  I can't deal with losing, complacency and stupidity though.

The Jets suck and aren't even trying to get better.

We currently root for the worst organization in football.  :bag:

Please bench Fitz, and leave him on the bench no matter what happens.

Thing is, they benched the young QB for the journeyman JAG ... that'd be like us starting Petty, but then pulling him and putting Fitz in to "try to create a spark".

1 hour ago, Ex-Rex said:

Yeah. That's me too. Every year the season starts with great anticipation which quickly turns to anxiety then depression. Guess which stage I am at now? I understand why Bowles continues to start Fitzpatrick, but I couldn't care less if he gets us meaningless wins at this point of the season. Sigh.

Here's where we disagree: it makes no sense for Bowles to start Fitz, and here's why:

There are two things we know with 99.8% certainty. (1) Fitz is on a 1 year deal and won't be back next year, and (2) This season is lost.

Therefore, the only reason Bowles has to start Fitz is if he believes he is coaching for his job. But even that doesn't add up.

If his job is on the line after this year, and he really believes Fitz gives him the best shot to win games now, fine. But are the 6 wins we end up with Fitz really going to sway Mac to keep him over the 4 that you'll have after a teach & evaluate period for Petty? No way.

The much more likely scenario is that Mac would go with Bowles through 3 years regardless and then make a call. And I promise you, Todd, getting Petty reps now is going to be of much bigger help to your 2017 then any time wasted on a guy who will be gone.

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Thing is, they benched the young QB for the journeyman JAG ... that'd be like us starting Petty, but then pulling him and putting Fitz in to "try to create a spark".

I didn't say they're perfect.  No denying they're trying though.

Bowles is just a useless POS at the moment.

It's been tough to watch the product they have been putting out on the field this season.

But as others have said, there's only 4 months of football per year, and I love the sport. And I'm loyal to this team to my own detriment.

Perhaps once we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, Bowles will finally give Petty and maybe even Hackenburg a shot.

4 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

About watching the Jets?

i just cant seem to give a crap, QB sucks something terrible, three top Defensive players don't seem to give a sh*t. 

Team is out of contention and the sh*tty coach won't play young kids.  

Anyone else?

I care about our future of our franchise, but do not care about the current version of the team because they have given me/us nothing to care about. They simply show up (late), take a paycheck, and go home.

I have to agree with you on this one they get what they deserve. A real head coach does not listen to players. Todd Bowles is far from a real head coach.

Good post Joe

Thanks for finally telling JB how you feel about Coach Bowles.

Except for the other 411 posts saying the exact same thing in the last 48 hours or so.

Some astute poster described you accurately as a broken record and he underestimated you

I can't remember the last time that I cared less. I was more invested when Rex led this team to a 4-12 season. There just doesn't seem to be much to root for nor much hope for the future, and there aren't many fun personalities either.

It doesn't help with the penalties/pace of the game, all the commercials, awful and yet expensive gameday experience in the stadium and the poor play around the league as a whole, either.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes.

No. Something has changed not only with the Jets but watching the NFL in general. Just find it incredibly tedious lately. Perhaps too many flags, too many commercials, quality of product not very impressive, and the Jets completely suck. I find myself checking in on the games but never just sitting in front of the TV like a zombie. I actually prefer to get out and do other things on a Sunday. Sad but true.

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

No. Something has changed not only with the Jets but watching the NFL in general. Just find it incredibly tedious lately. Perhaps too many flags, too many commercials, quality of product not very impressive, and the Jets completely suck. I find myself checking in on the games but never just sitting in front of the TV like a zombie. I actually prefer to get out and do other things on a Sunday. Sad but true.

I actually agree. It's become very tedious

21 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

To each their own.  I enjoy watching....prefer we were better, but still.

1 hour ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Good post Joe

Thanks for finally telling JB how you feel about Coach Bowles.

Except for the other 411 posts saying the exact same thing in the last 48 hours or so.

Some astute poster described you accurately as a broken record and he underestimated you

What do you or have you provided this forum with that is substantial to any thread. Besides whining.......

Archived