Why not hire Rex as our new Defensive Coordinator after he's fired ?

OH THE PAIN

I can't see any HC who is not extremely safe as a HC hiring Rex. He would be undermining the HC at every chance he could to try to take his job. This would be the absolute worst place for him, a ton of our fanbase still is madly in love with him, and Woody still loves him. He would be the HC again in no time. Absolute disaster. Oh, and he is also extremely overrated as a defensive genius as well.

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Rex will be doing TV next year or two.

You watch. If he does TV for a year or two and is away from coaching he will become an attractive name again for HC openings in 2018 and beyond.

He's perfect for the Rams job. The team just moved, and needs to put asses in the seats. He can generate some excitement.

I could could see Woody hiring him as a HC again but not as DC. The only reason I say this is because Woody always loved Rex and didn't really want to fire him. He did it because of the 4-12 and he wanted to deflect the blame from himself. Rex left saying only glowing things about Woody and leaking negative thoughts about Idzik. I hope it doesn't happen either way and it is very doubtful Rex comes back here in any capacity. 

10 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

You watch. If he does TV for a year or two and is away from coaching he will become an attractive name again for HC openings in 2018 and beyond.

I think he'll be good on TV in a fart joke/towel-snapping kind of way.  He'll have to tone it down a little, but he will appeal to a substantial size of the target demo.

I also think you're right - a couple years from now his name will pop up as "he went to two AFC champs...." kind of prospect for teams hurting at HC.

24 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I can't see any HC who is not extremely safe as a HC hiring Rex. He would be undermining the HC at every chance he could to try to take his job. This would be the absolute worst place for him, a ton of our fanbase still is madly in love with him, and Woody still loves him. He would be the HC again in no time. Absolute disaster. Oh, and he is also extremely overrated as a defensive genius as well.

THIS. I read an article in a Buffalo newspaper that management is fed up with REX behind the scenes as well.  He is a disruption to real management.

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

THIS. I read an article in a Buffalo newspaper that management is fed up with REX behind the scenes as well.  He is a disruption to real management.

Rex seemed to be very difficult here as well - I have a feeling Idzik took a lot of heat that Rex likely caused...and he quickly threw Idzik under the bus as soon as things went wrong.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Like I said, he's subversive. It was apparently here right from the get-go, if you actually read between the lines the articles about his time in Baltimore. 

6 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Rex should have his own talk show.  I would watch that

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I could could see Woody hiring him as a HC again but not as DC. 

You know why?

Because it's actually not a bad idea.  Let Rex coach the D and Gailey can do the offense.  We're not getting any big names like Cowher or Gruden anyway 

Why not hire rex as our new defensive coordinator after hes fired? I think that would make us the first team in history to fire a head coach, have him get fired at his second job as a head coach and then hire him as a defensive coordinator. We would be better off having the madden champion call the defense in all seriousness.

Archived