Best and Most Horrible Sports Entities 2017

T0mShane

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

To me, they're not even real. They're CGI-created assclowns meant solely to appeal to people in the Deep South. 

Not really, I don't know who those idiots are that watch that show.  The Deep South idiots are all over the Paul Finebaum show.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst:

NFL rules, this is what is making the game awful, each time they make a change it is for the worst.

NBA, a total garbage boring product compared to college ball.

Almost all national sports analysts who make comments on local teams.  They almost never have a foggy clue of what they are talking about.

Anyone still talking about tiger woods

Best:

'Boring' color commentators.  The guys that do not have the shtick but simply teach you about the game.  A few years back they had a combo of dick vermeal and I think fouts as duo color guys and you learned something about the game on every single play.

Playoffs in pretty well any sport.

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

the bottom line is sports is entertainment so i don't want to have these morons trying to spew bs about public policy or blm or anything that isn't related to the game i'm watching.  espn is horrible.  and it's not just because of the way they cleaned out all of the lechers from the station but they continue to parade a bunch of people who know nothing about anything. as for the other clowns mentions, good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

what i'd like to know is what phil simms did wrong at cbs now that tony romo is taking over his spot.

I guess I've been living under a rock, but when did this happen? I knew Romo retired, but I didn't know he was replacing Simms. 

I don't get NBC's Bruce Beck.  Guy just annoys the crap out of me.  On this level is Michael Kay who should be lighting a candle that he has the Yankee job.  How the fuk does someone with his grating voice and temperament get that gig?  Joe Buck, too.  A complete dick with a horrendous beard attempt.

Chris Collinsworth is a self-important blowhard who never stops talking.  A close second is Phil Simms, who I'm glad got canned.  Oh, and Paul Maguire is still a scumbag.  Us Jet fans have not forgotten your blind huckstering and endless put downs of out team.  Go eat some undercooked chicken or fish that has been handled at Mar A Lago.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Jim Dolan is an "entity" akin to that black cloud that used to eat people in "Lost." As a Knicks fan, I automatically put him at the top of all "worst" lists.

Agreed.  I always put him in the category of "Most Deserving of Being Thrown Off a Bridge".

4 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I guess I've been living under a rock, but when did this happen? I knew Romo retired, but I didn't know he was replacing Simms. 

it was reported last week.  i don't know any details but the article said simms was being replaced by romo and then said nothing about where simms was going.

My issue with Simms was that he NEVER said a bad call was a bad call. I realize all the networks are pussies in this regard, but come on man, don't straight up lie to me.

And yes, Deadspin is awful, as are all the Gawker sites. 

I'll also add every commentator and/or network who thinks every second of airtime needs some guy babbling on about sh*t. 

3 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Somewhat agree when they go off the reservation, but when they do deep dives on sports stories it's still better than most content out there

I'll take Awful Announcing every day of the week over Deadspin. 

38 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

My issue with Simms was that he NEVER said a bad call was a bad call. I realize all the networks are pussies in this regard, but come on man, don't straight up lie to me.

I'll also add every commentator and/or network who thinks every second of airtime needs some guy babbling on about sh*t. 

I actually like Phil Simms as an announcer

9 hours ago, Jet9 said:

He's not the worst of the worst, and I used to like him better than most, but it's irritating how Simms just makes stuff up a lot, and people figure since he's a famous, former QB that he's right. I've lost count of how many times he makes the same excuse for a QB - saying there was "just no place for him to go with the ball" - then on instant replay you can easily see one (and even sometimes, two) clearly/obviously open. Then he shuts up about it but never retracts or corrects himself when he's clearly wrong. 

It's like it's his reflex to come to their rescue, lest anyone dare criticize a QB, and it soils his credibility on other plays, because he's clearly not above just making things up that didn't happen. 

Bob Costas and Tony Dungy: each is awful, but seeing/hearing the two of them on the screen at the same time is positively insufferable.

I would rather have my TV remote cease functioning after accidentally ending up on Lifetime, with the volume turned up to deafening levels. 

Okay my picks... 

ESPN:  Their lead-in story for three different shows was about a new Ronaldo Statue's hair style.  If they aren't catering to the sports crowd, then why the hell should I be watching this sh*t?!

Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner. Completely useless person.

Michael Kay - How the hell did he get a show?

I can't stand Troy Aikman, actually. He never provides any insight beyond what a 15 year old football fan could point out. 

I've always loved Michaels and Collinsworth. Never understood the Collinsworth hate. He's extremely knowledgeable and fair, I think.

On 04/13/2017 at 6:37 PM, dbatesman said:

I can save 90% of JN posters the trouble:

Worst: CRAPernick! also the NBA

Best: team owners, doing thier best to straighten out these thugs

Oh yeah.  Kaepernick is clearly worse than guys like Greg Hardy, Josh Brown, and Joe Mixon.

The man made a political statement, one that many feel is valid.  And he is the worst thing in sports?!?!? Even Aaron Hernandez, a cold blooded killer, was in the news this week.

And you pick Kaepernick...  you forgot John Carlos and Tommie Smith then.

Breen, Clyde, Kay, LaGreca, Darling, Hernandez, Burkhardt, Simms, Bradshaw, Long, Strahan, Somers, Rothenberg - Yes

Cohen, Francesa, Esiason, Benigno, Roberts, Nantz, Buck, Costas, Jones, Brown, Cowher, Cowherd, Smith, Bayless - No

Carton and Rosenberg (Dave not Sid) - Beyond No.

9 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Best: Francesa

Worst: Boomer & Carton

How people listen to that fat loser blowhard pretend to be the worlds biggest authority on sports is beyond comprehension. He knows how to be a massive giants hump and he is extremely knowledgeable about baseball. Beyond that he's just pretending and being an arrogant douche.

13 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

How people listen to that fat loser blowhard pretend to be the worlds biggest authority on sports is beyond comprehension. He knows how to be a massive giants hump and he is extremely knowledgeable about baseball. Beyond that he's just pretending and being an arrogant douche.

The Pope is the best. He will be missed! 

18 hours ago, jetophile said:

How the F can anyone have left out Jim Nantz? I'm surprised that he's still alive seeing as he gargles the Cheats' balls 24/7. I mean, how does he breathe? 

I despise Jim Nantz. Simms was fine, but Nantz is reprehensible.

Archived