Perfect day 2

Obrien2Toon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ideal.  

Cook and King maybe Sid Jones

Just start trading back and accumulate picks. I know you need someone to want to move up, but the "suck for Sam" or "tank for ........" is going to cost us some picks to try to move up. I say that because somehow we will win just enough game to be on the outside looking in. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

Ideal.  

Cook and King maybe Sid Jones

Just start trading back and accumulate picks. I know you need someone to want to move up, but the "suck for Sam" or "tank for ........" is going to cost us some picks to try to move up. I say that because somehow we will win just enough game to be on the outside looking in. 

Your not trading up for Darnold, NOBODY is giving that kid away NOBODY.

My too options:

Round 2

Jordan Willis, Tim Williams, Tyus Bowser, Dalvin Cook, Juju Smith-Schuster, Kevin King, Derek Rivers, Alvin Kamara, Antonio Garcia, 

Round 3

Favian Moreau, Tarell Basham, Ryan Anderson, Sidney Jones, Jake Butt, Gerald Everett, Ahkello Witherspoon, Taylor Moton

52 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That corner from Washington. Then maybe a linebacker. Then another corner.

Make sure they're well-conditioned though. They're going to be on the field a lot.

Hopefully we don't take another injury prone corner

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

My too options:

Round 2

Jordan Willis, Tim Williams, Tyus Bowser, Dalvin Cook, Juju Smith-Schuster, Kevin King, Derek Rivers, Alvin Kamara, Antonio Garcia, 

Round 3

Favian Moreau, Tarell Basham, Ryan Anderson, Sidney Jones, Jake Butt, Gerald Everett, Ahkello Witherspoon, Taylor Moton

I like this. 

Looking at the draft from scratch, and seeing the top of the second round basically like more first round, the player that can perhaps make the most impact is an edge rusher.  That could be Jordan Willis. 

Since Claiborne is on a one year rental, picking up an injured CB in round 3 also sounds like the move.  A TE in 3 also works, although they could pick Kamarra or Godwin if still available.

A pick today for SR would be a true bonus.   Players picked today could all start.

18 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

How about...

2. Dalvin Cook

3a. Sidney Jones

3b. Jake Butt

I like this too, but don't want any corners.

We've spent enough draft picks on corners the last decade with bad results.

Lets get an edge rusher

So Williams over Jones

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

ZERO chance the jets take Dalvin Cook, choir boys only need apply.

I actually think we will trade down in the 2nd round.

Thank you for talking sense into everyone. Sure Cook is great, sure we could use a dynamic RB, sure he would be a steal, but we are the Jets and we don't make those type of flashy picks. We will go defense because scoring in the NFL is vastly overrated. 

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

As much as I'd love a RB or an offense weapon here...

Jordan Willis is very attractive. 

Willis is a hand in the dirt 4-3 DE, cannot play in space, and has tight hips.  Not a good fit for our scheme.  Tarell Basham and Derek Rivers are much better fits.

Keep an eye on Chris Godwin today,  Target in top of the 3rd.    TE's may be later (Kittle or Roberts or Jonnu Smith).  I could see Derek Rivers or Raekwon McMillan in the second.  Intrigued by Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp if they fall.  Sidney Jones with the comp pick would be a nice risk/reward pick, although I could see them trading out of the comp pick. 

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

I like this. 

Looking at the draft from scratch, and seeing the top of the second round basically like more first round, the player that can perhaps make the most impact is an edge rusher.  That could be Jordan Willis. 

Since Claiborne is on a one year rental, picking up an injured CB in round 3 also sounds like the move.  A TE in 3 also works, although they could pick Kamarra or Godwin if still available.

A pick today for SR would be a true bonus.   Players picked today could all start.

Agreed and if Mac wants to be the GM of the NYJ in 2018, day 2 players better be starting. 

7 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Willis is a hand in the dirt 4-3 DE, cannot play in space, and has tight hips.  Not a good fit for our scheme.  Tarell Basham and Derek Rivers are much better fits.

Keep an eye on Chris Godwin today,  Target in top of the 3rd.    TE's may be later (Kittle or Roberts or Jonnu Smith).  I could see Derek Rivers or Raekwon McMillan in the second.  Intrigued by Cam Robinson or Forrest Lamp if they fall.  Sidney Jones with the comp pick would be a nice risk/reward pick, although I could see them trading out of the comp pick. 

Completely disagree.  Willis checks all the boxes for pass rushers. 

18 minutes ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

Joe Mixon - best running back in this draft - there are certainly character issues but i'll take that chance drafting this kid, some skills you just can't teach

Oh, ya think? Ray Rice was blacklisted from the league for doing the exact same thing Mixon did. What makes you think the Jets are going to take him in round 2?

45 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Oh, ya think? Ray Rice was blacklisted from the league for doing the exact same thing Mixon did. What makes you think the Jets are going to take him in round 2?

what he did was terrible in the worst way.  just maybe some counseling (reflection) can change the young man.  If the jets can do that or are willing to try to doing this would be an awesome thing not only for the organization but for the individual.  Joe Mixon is not the first to do something stupid (and don't get me wrong) it is defintely wrong (take this from a married man and father) but you can only try to help his situation and in the process help make him a better individual first.

1 hour ago, JETSfan4life_1 said:

Joe Mixon - best running back in this draft - there are certainly character issues but i'll take that chance drafting this kid, some skills you just can't teach

If either Mixon or Cook gets past the Packers and make it to us I would be ALL IN.  If we could land either of these two they would instantly be our playmaker on offense.  Pair them up with a pass-catching TE and we're in business.   Add in an offensive lineman with an extra 3rd and WOWZA!!

2) Joe Mixon/Dalvin Cook

3a) Gerald Everett

3b) Pat Elflein

3c) Cameron Sutton

There's an extra 3rd round pick in there because I believe that we'll trade either Sheldon, Decker, Pryor or a combination of those guys.  Boom. For the guys wanting an OLB you can easily swap Sutton with the best available OLB such as a Tim Williams/Duane Smoot/Ryan Anderson maybe even Carl Lawson!  Tonight will be franchise changing guys.  I took off today and will be having my first drink right about now.  Cheers and buckle up for the ride

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

100% chance we go all defense today. Because why not.

3-2-6 defense.

We need 3 safeties, 3 corners, a DE to play MLB next to the world's smallest linebacker.  

Make it happen Tanny!!...    er Make it happen Mac!!

Archived