TC starts this week!!!! Get PSYCHED

JohnnyLV

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday huh,this is the first time in almost fifty years I am totally apathetic about the start of camp.
It's like all the hope has been drain out of me over these last few seasons. I hope ? these young kids can restore some of the fun back into watching my beloved Jets.
I am however excited to see what my Canes are going to do this year.
After this miserable Mets and Knicks season a team with a little Spirit would be a welcome change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the most i've ever been excited for the preseason. We'll see the new guys, the young qb's - whatever they do is gravy. The preseason will definitely be more exciting than the regular season this year, because we don't know what we've got yet. Once the season starts, and we know what we've got, it's gonna be brutal.

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I'm rooting for losses. So, this is about the weirdest I've ever felt going into a training camp.

I'm fine with losing as long as it's with prospects that have upside. I'm tired of squeaking out wins against lousy teams with serviceable veterans.  

I want to see flashes of brilliance to go along with the big mistakes. I'd like to see steady improvement over the year. I know these management people want to keep their jobs but we fans are here for the long hall. I care about the future much more than I do about this one season. I don't want to be perpetually "competitive". 

We need to know which players have what it takes and which don't. Petty should have started by week 4 last year. Hack should have taken over when he got hurt. Revis Island should have been closed, and our game plans should have been adjusted to be much more aggressive, or at least adjusted to throw off the other teams that had us figured out. 

If I have to here about some journeyman player giving us the best chance to win one time this year I'm changing my opinion about the whole fire the head coach billboard thing.

I also need to see more confidant play calling, and less self doubt to change my mind about Bowles. If you go for it on 4th and inches then you go for it on 4th and inches again next time. Losing by 7 points is no better than losing by 17 and teaches you nothing about your young players.  

If you're going down you go down swinging is what I'm saying. That swinging needs to start in the first quarter, and not half way through the 4th. 

I will be very enthusiastic about this year ONLY if Hackenberg emerges during training camp and starts week 1.  If not, despite loving this team, I cannot in any way get excited about rooting for McCown and the ass clown of a coach we have.

22 hours ago, Beerfish said:

For a  guy that did nothing for 3 years but rail on Fitzpatrick morning noon and night to be telling me to get on the Hack train and believe he is going to be good is a sight to behold.

I hate Fitzfraud with a burning nuclear powered passion, and think that what Bowles did set us back at least 2 years. But none of that diminishes my excitement for this season or the Jets in general. If Bowles is dumb enough to start McCown it will be the dumbest move in Jets history and completing ignoring the lessons he should have learned the last 2 years. I actually hate veteran retread QBs in general. They only hurt teams long term  consistently in the NFL outside of a couple huge outliers.

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

I will be very enthusiastic about this year ONLY if Hackenberg emerges during training camp and starts week 1.  If not, despite loving this team, I cannot in any way get excited about rooting for McCown and the ass clown of a coach we have.

What about Petty?

What about Petty?

I can get on board for Petty too, but I just don't think he has any chance of starting games in 2017. If Hackenberg is able, he'll start from week 1. If not, McCown will man the ship until Hackenberg is ready. It's going to be tough for him to get legit playing time IMO.

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

I can get on board for Petty too, but I just don't think he has any chance of starting games in 2017. If Hackenberg is able, he'll start from week 1. If not, McCown will man the ship until Hackenberg is ready. It's going to be tough for him to get legit playing time IMO.

Well, obviously, the best QB sits on the bench and doesn't play a down because he is just that good. so you're saying Petty is the best?

Well, obviously, the best QB sits on the bench and doesn't play a down because he is just that good. so you're saying Petty is the best?

No, I think Petty is a stiff. Let's put it this way - if ANYONE other than McCown starts week 1, I would be as happy as a pig in sh*t. I'd rather watch my homegrown stiff or my 2nd round project QB try to figure it out in real games as opposed to another journeyman recycled stiff who has no upside and no future with the team.

36 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

No, I think Petty is a stiff. Let's put it this way - if ANYONE other than McCown starts week 1, I would be as happy as a pig in sh*t. I'd rather watch my homegrown stiff or my 2nd round project QB try to figure it out in real games as opposed to another journeyman recycled stiff who has no upside and no future with the team.

Exactly

10 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

indeed.  +1

On 7/24/2017 at 6:47 PM, T0mShane said:

Excited to see all the ways people can write the phrase "he's learning a new offense."

I'm looking more forward to seeing all the ways people can weasel out of admitting that they were dead wrong about the last two Jet QBs.  

Thank God it's almost here.

July has been brutal as I have given up on watching baseball with it's snail paced, 4 hour games.

The NBA gets me through June but then I am bored out of my mind until TC in August.

Don't care about the sh*tty PS predictions.

Looking forward to seeing some youngsters fight for jobs and keep their mouths shut.

For me that is a team I can root for.

Team is pretty much primma donna free with nowhere to go but up.

Come on, how can you not get excited about this season?? This is the start of a new era! 

Hack can be all we hope for. Excited to see the WRs take a step forward. How Enunwa will develop without the veterans around. See our brand new safety duo, how they'll effect things. Watch all the young guys push for starting jobs.

OR it all goes south and we end up with a great pick to take our future QB! 

On 7/24/2017 at 1:55 PM, Mike135 said:

And by "W" you really mean "L" right?

***Asumming Hack and Petty suck.  Otherwise if either one of them is good, I'm rooting for Ws too.

Exactly, let's have a very competitive 2-14 team that develops more than a handful of young players and get ready to take a franchise QB in 2018. Unless Hack shows that he can be a top 12 QB.

Archived