McAdoo & Reese Fired

JetsFanatic

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

So why is Eli starting against Dallas this week.

The Giants are expected to go back to Eli Manning as their starting quarterback, per source. Giants play at home vs Cowboys this week.

What the **** does that have to do with anything?  I didn't say Mara wasn't pissed about the Eli furor. I said that nobody was surprised at the outrage over Eli being benched.  Anybody that didn't say that coming would have to be complete ostrich. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** does that have to do with anything?  I didn't say Mara wasn't pissed about the Eli furor. I said that nobody was surprised at the outrage over Eli being benched.  Anybody that didn't say that coming would have to be complete ostrich. 

He must have been because he asked for Reese and McAdoo to play the other QBs. He initiated it. And then after McAdoo basically bungled it, he came out and criticized the way McAdoo did it. A guy who basically was gone in a couple weeks. 

The only way I can see that he wasn't surprised was that he knew the fans would go nuts and basically went Machiavelli to try an engineer a way for him to let McAdoo and Reese go early. But I dont see the motive for that. 

What took him by surprise, whether this was McAdoo's idea or not, was the fact that they benched him for Geno Smith, a guy whom Giants fans have seen with regularity and knew had nothing to offer them. That reaction combined with the clunky way McAdoo presented it caught him off guard.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's nice to see the Giants come down to the level of the other bad franchises.  The guy was hired after the former coach missed the playoffs 4 straight years and 6 of 7, he led them to the playoffs and 11-5 his first year then doesn't even make year 2?  I don't even think the Jets would do something like this, all b/c the fans and media which bashed Eli for years got on their social media soapbox and cried for the mediocre Eli who has now seen 2 HCs fired in less than 2 years.  This is going to be fun to watch.

This goes beyond benching Eli, that just sped this up a little bit.

His record last year was kind of meaningless after doing a terrible job this season. His playcalling was atrocious and he lost the locker room HARD this year. 

Kind of like Bowles for us last year, but magnified quite a bit. Unlike our HC I don't think they could have brought him back.

6 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

This goes beyond benching Eli, that just sped this up a little bit.

His record last year was kind of meaningless after doing a terrible job this season. His playcalling was atrocious and he lost the locker room HARD this year. 

Kind of like Bowles for us last year, but magnified quite a bit. Unlike our HC I don't think they could have brought him back.

Team seems to have been playing hard for him the last few weeks so I don't know how he lost the LR.  Do we remember back in 2010 when publicly in a radio interview 2 giants defensive players said they wished they played for rex?  That's losing a LR and the Giants rebounded pretty well the next season.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

Team seems to have been playing hard for him the last few weeks so I don't know how he lost the LR.  Do we remember back in 2010 when publicly in a radio interview 2 giants defensive players said they wished they played for rex?  That's losing a LR and the Giants rebounded pretty well the next season.

You really think they should have kept McAdoo for next year?

6 minutes ago, Tony MaC said:

You really think they should have kept McAdoo for next year?

The team won 11 games last year and he doesn't make it through year 2?  that's a little crazy especially since the guy they fired to hire him had missed the playoffs 4 straight seasons.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

The team won 11 games last year and he doesn't make it through year 2?  that's a little crazy especially since the guy they fired to hire him had missed the playoffs 4 straight seasons.

This team had Superbowl aspirations this year - yet they only have 2 wins.  That's a big miss.

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This team had Superbowl aspirations this year - yet they only have 2 wins.  That's a big miss.

It's hard to win w/o a QB, they did it last year but when the D faltered they had nothing to keep them afloat until the D started playing better.

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

It's a big mess but like you said, it can be turned around pretty quickly. Things went downhill because of a bad HC and a bunch of injuries. A few good picks picking high next year and their right back in the mix of things. 

I wonder how they'll handle the QB spot though. And if they'll actually take a QB with their top 5 pick. They feel this strongly about Eli, how do you handle a top rookie coming in. Unless they release him after this season. 

I think Eli is back next year & starting for them. Whoever they pick will be sitting for a year. I'm not even sure if it's financially possible for them to get rid of Eli. 

With regard to the coach, while the record comes into this firing I think it's beyond that and just about McAdoo simply not being the head coach type and leader that the NYG thought he was or could be. 

If the guy was a bit humble and bought calmness and leadership to the locker room in what is a poor season with injuries, I think it would have reflected on him well and he would have survived.

However, McAdoo has come across as a bit of an ego who looks like he cracked at the first sign of a poor season. Long term coaches have the ability to stay calm, regroup and roll with the punches even in bad seasons and situations.

IMO, the McAdoo situation was cut and dried. They were having a bad season, why is that and is this the coach who can rebuild the team. The answer was no, move on.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's nice to see the Giants come down to the level of the other bad franchises.  The guy was hired after the former coach missed the playoffs 4 straight years and 6 of 7, he led them to the playoffs and 11-5 his first year then doesn't even make year 2?  I don't even think the Jets would do something like this, all b/c the fans and media which bashed Eli for years got on their social media soapbox and cried for the mediocre Eli who has now seen 2 HCs fired in less than 2 years.  This is going to be fun to watch.

It wasn't just Eli. Something bad is going on in that locker room. He had to suspend two really good players this year in his secondary (not just bench, suspend) Jenkins walked off the field before a game was over, there was apparently almost a fight in the locker room at halftime during a game, Eli Apple and Eric Flowers might be back to back first round busts. It's a bad situation all around.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You can hear Francesa eating on the air right now.  It's pretty funny.

Fat boy living large. He could care less he’s retiring. He even said Jets don’t give up and are on the upswing. Talk about delusional. He must be eating psilocybin laced canolli.

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Archie must have made the call after watching his son cry on TV, McAdoo might have been the worst NFL HC in New York since Kotite - had to be done

and yes I would take Bowles  over McAdoo all day every day

OMG ... What a terrible decision to have to pick between those 3 ???

Archived