Swan Song Tonight for Brady & Belichick?

HawkeyeJet

6 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Doubt it. Don’t they say this every year. Why in the world would they trade Jimmy G then???

But man oh man, that’d be fantastic. 

That was my first thought too about Jimmy G.  I was trying to remember, did the story about the tension come after he was traded?  If so, maybe that was part of it.  They trade him and after the fact they tell Craft this is it?  Probably a stretch.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

That was my first thought too about Jimmy G.  I was trying to remember, did the story about the tension come after he was traded?  If so, maybe that was part of it.  They trade him and after the fact they tell Craft this is it?  Probably a stretch.

I would think they have more of plan in place before they hang it up. Unless they have a QB and HC in hiding to take over. 

I highly doubt it.  Aside from "why would they trade Jimmy G" (and why would Brady push for a Jimmy G trade), what about the history books?  No team in NFL history has ever had a 3-peat.  Also if (when?) the Pats win tonight they'll be tied with the Steelers with 6 Superbowls.  Next year they'd have a chance to stand alone at the top with a 7th Superbowl.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I highly doubt it.  Aside from "why would they trade Jimmy G" (and why would Brady push for a Jimmy G trade), what about the history books?  No team in NFL history has ever had a 3-peat.  Also if (when?) the Pats win tonight they'll be tied with the Steelers with 6 Superbowls.  Next year they'd have a chance to stand alone at the top with a 7th Superbowl.

True but the Steelers have to go back to the 70's to get their 6 bowls..BB and Brady would have done it with the same QB and HC and that hasn't been done before.. 

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

True but the Steelers have to go back to the 70's to get their 6 bowls..BB and Brady would have done it with the same QB and HC and that hasn't been done before.. 

I realize that but I would think they'd want to go out on top of the NFL perch by themselves.

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I realize that but I would think they'd want to go out on top of the NFL perch by themselves.

They already have a record that most likely will never be broken how many HC and QB duos last on the same team for 18 years? 

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Doubt it. Don’t they say this every year. Why in the world would they trade Jimmy G then???

But man oh man, that’d be fantastic. 

it would certainly shift the power in the afce.  but i doubt if the bellichicken doesn't have some sort of succession plan with the patsies.  it's funny how jimmie g is gone and little joshy and patricia are on the way out the door.  i always thought joshy was going to get the nob once bellichicken retired.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

it would certainly shift the power in the afce.  but i doubt if the bellichicken doesn't have some sort of succession plan with the patsies.  it's funny how jimmie g is gone and little joshy and patricia are on the way out the door.  i always thought joshy was going to get the nob once bellichicken retired.

That's precisely why this story is so dumb. 

No way they leave kraft in a lurch. 

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

God our NYJ fanbase is so fckin easy to troll.

Hey did you hear Woody had conversations with Branson?

London Jets yes saw that in The Mirror.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/inside-new-750million-embassy-indoor-11690607

You think Diana Rusini, ESPN Boston reporter, planted this to "troll" Jets fans?  That's beyond stupid.

If you don't believe the story has any chance to be true, cool.  

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You think Diana Rusini, ESPN Boston reporter, planted this to "troll" Jets fans?  That's beyond stupid.

If you don't believe the story has any chance to be true, cool.  

OK let me know later how this retirement crystal ball signal goes for those emotionally invested in it. Of course it was red meat troll material for sure. Not specifically for Jet fans but as the hungriest of NFL fans being stuck in the AFCE and such they bite the easiest but anyway, since you stated beyond stupid, whats really beyond stupid is giving any gravitas to fake retirement predictions posted by anyone esp a Boston based reporter this week.

Archived