Jump to content
Doggin94it

Stop Suggesting the Jets Will/Should Cut Anderson

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey, Robbie, I’m gonna give you this three year, $18 million dollar deal with $10mm guaranteed because even though you have bi-weekly scrapes with the law, you’ve managed to not rape or murder anyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was more of a reason to cut Donahue imo, but people who drive like that are the worst. It's insane in Florida. Tailgating, no signals, running red lights, texting etc.

Hell look at what happened in Brooklyn a few days ago. No excuse for driving like a maniac.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey, Robbie, I’m gonna give you this three year, $18 million dollar deal with $10mm guaranteed because even though you have bi-weekly scrapes with the law, you’ve managed to not rape or murder anyone. 

I'll happily give him that deal, as long as 4M of the guaranty is year 2 salary and it has language voiding the guaranty and requiring repayment of signing bonus if he gets arrested or suspended.  6M per, with less than 6M at risk of being torpedoed by his off field behavior?  Yes please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There was more of a reason to cut Donahue imo, but people who drive like that are the worst. It's insane in Florida. Tailgating, no signals, running red lights, texting etc.

Hell look at what happened in Brooklyn a few days ago. No excuse for driving like a maniac.

I forgot that the Jets are doing absolutely nothing punitive to Donahue. Jesus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I'll happily give him that deal, as long as 4M of the guaranty is year 2 salary and it has language voiding the guaranty and requiring repayment of signing bonus if he gets arrested or suspended.  6M per, with less than 6M at risk of being torpedoed by his off field behavior?  Yes please.

Fuuuuuuck that. Quietly trade him at the draft for a sixth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I'll happily give him that deal, as long as 4M of the guaranty is year 2 salary and it has language voiding the guaranty and requiring repayment of signing bonus if he gets arrested or suspended.  6M per, with less than 6M at risk of being torpedoed by his off field behavior?  Yes please.

I'd happily sign him to a deal where he has to pay the Jets $10 million if he gets a speeding ticket. But it's more productive to think of proposals his agent will actually let him sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t have a high horse and I’m gladly riding a midget pony to Gomorrah. Are you giving Anderson a three year contract or not?

I certainly am not giving Anderson a contract this off-season. He needs to prove to me (yes, I know this puts us right back in Wilkerson territory) that he can at least be a reasonable citizen and teammate.

I do consider Anderson to be an asset to the team. Asset in that he is worth something. I don't just cut assets without trying to maximize their value. 

Now is not the time to talk contract with him. Nor, in my mind is it time to cut him. It is not only the Jets that operate in this manner.

Do I love what he has done, or as he portrays himself? I do not. But even as a manager of a company, I did not love everyone that worked for me, nor their lifestyles. But they were a means to an end. As long as there is residual value to the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are not giving Anderson a long-term contract of any real value.  

If he can help a QB develop this year, we should keep him.  If he takes up a roster spot that could go to someone on the team, he should be preferably traded or cut.  

If the Jets get Cousins and they think that plus FAs can get them really competitive, maybe you keep him around.  But the hppe is, like Randy Moss, there is a team making a run that will take the risk on him short term.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Then call me crazy. You have to ask yourself, would Belichick put up with this circus side show? Nope. There's consequences to actions and it's a good precedent to set when running a professional organization.

Belichick has literally cheated himself (Spygate) and pretended that he didnt know about his QB's transgressions (Deflategate). I dont have to ask myself what would belichick do for anything. He's a scumbag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Not at 2am it's not.

I here you Doggin', I do.  I wouldn't cut him either.

But I would be having him a sit-down to say if he wants to stay on the team and in the league, its time he leaves the ghetto-life behind.

Over 100 in a 45?  Yeah, he could have killed someone.  He's lucky he didn't. 

He shouldn't be cut, but he is running out of chances if he wants to stick in the league.  And he might want to take some advice from an all-pro athlete, who is a black man himself.  He might be offering Anderson some advice that could save him.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a difference between cutting and not willing to give the guy a long term deal. There is NO chance you cut a cheap productive player like Robbie. He would get picked up in a heartbeat. 

The tougher question is how do you handle him when he becomes a restricted free agent. I don't think I can ever trust him to keep his head on straight and I am sure other teams will feel the same so assuming he has another good  year, doesn't get arrested for the 14th time, we can offer him a low ball deal and if some other team is willing to pay more, let him go. But cutting him now is just stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

You people are crazy.

That's not a conclusion I've reached lightly.  But it's absolutely the only reasonable conclusion to draw from the evidence, which is the repeated demands that the Jets cut a young, productive, cost-controlled player on the rise because of stupid off the field indiscretions that neither impact the Jets as a team nor cross a line into a moral monstrosity so large that keeping him on the team is a moral problem.

Let's review the "Robby Anderson ****s up" timeline, shall we?

  • May 8, 2017: Robby is at a music festival in Miami, is told to leave, refuses, gets arrested, and charged with resisting arrest for "tensing his body".  Let's take every aspect of the story in the worst possible light for Robbie, assume the officer was completely in the right on everything, and Anderson's resistance was completely unwarranted.
  • Jan 19, 2018: Robby is stopped for speeding at a ridiculous 105 in a 45 at 2:00 am.  After trying to speed away from being pulled over, running multiple red lights and weaving across the road, he's arrested, and in the back seat of the police car and mouths off to the officer, saying that when he gets out, he's going to find the officer's wife and jerk off into her eye.  Again, Anderson "braces, tenses, and refuses" to follow directions when the officer tries to put him in the cop car.  He's charged with resisting an officer/obstruction without violence; felony harm to a public servant or family; felony fleeing/eluding while lights/siren active; reckless driving; failure to drive in a single lane; two counts of disobeying/avoiding a red light; speeding; and turning without a signal.
  • Per ESPN, Robby's also been charged with 10 other traffic offenses, including a prior resisting arrest charge coming out of one in 2014 (the charge was dropped).
  • Just recently, he told Chris Carter to screw off for lecturing him.

You know what's not on there?  Murder.  Assault.  Theft. Anything at all  that involves harm to another person.  That includes the police officers who were arresting him - his "resistance" is never violent; he tenses up and makes it harder for the officer to cuff him or put him in the vehicle.  That's it.

Is any of this good, or acceptable?  Of course not.  The comment about the officer's wife was juvenile, but the idea that Anderson really meant it and intended to follow through is beyond farfetched.  Robby's clearly got major problems with authority, that he needs to get under control.

But why in the world does any of that mean the Jets should cut him?  Is he hurting the team?  Absolutely not, except to the extent he gets suspended and isn't there because of it (and guys, if that's your problem with him, I've got bad news for you: if the Jets cut him, he won't be on the field for any of their games).  Can the Jets easily replace him with a similarly talented player who will give us equivalent production at the same low cost?  Um ... no.

It makes no football sense at all to cut Anderson.  It makes no business sense at all to cut Anderson.  You're embarrassed to root for the team because of him?  Grow up.  He's no choir boy, but traffic violations and not enjoying getting arrested aren't some incomprehensible evil.

He's on the team.  He should continue to be on the team.  And I hope he gets the mental health help he clearly needs while remaining on the team.

Cut Robby Anderson?  You guys are crazy.

TLDR.  Anderson is a sh*tstain thug who will inevitably do something (probably soon) which will further embarrass us, and result in a suspension.

Cut him, don't cut him, whatever.  He's a decent, but not special, UDFA #2/#3 quality WR.  He can be replaced.

It's amazing, the lack of talent on O has made some fans actually think Robby f'ing Anderson is some legit talent, an irreplacable asset. 

Guess when you've eaten sh*t as long as Jets Fans have, even rotten meat looks tasty.....

Personally, I'd rather compete and lose with good people who represent us well, than win with scum.  We're not the f'ing Raiders and Bengals ffs.  And I think NOT doing so is why our team is the refuge of lazy, unmotivated, problem-children players that it is.  No standards, no leadership, and the players walking all over the Coach.  That's OUR Jets today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Hey, Robbie, I’m gonna give you this three year, $18 million dollar deal with $10mm guaranteed because even though you have bi-weekly scrapes with the law, you’ve managed to not rape or murder anyone. 

In this day and age this is probably realistic. Having bi-weekly scrapes with the law and commiting crimes are two different things, Major moral crimes such as rape or murder is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. 

I think is this why @Doggin94it is telling folks to lay off dude. Some fans are acting like he's out raping or murdering folks every other week. 

Fans/media are great at making things bigger than what it should be. "Lets skip suspensions etc., lets just cut him". The dude had a run-in with the law. Matter of fact, instead of folks jumping to conclusions (in not saying you are....just generally speaking) I think that if fans are really concerned then what they should do is maybe approach it from the perspective of hoping that the Jets Front Office figures out why Anderson is having problems with the law in Florida. When you read the reports it simply makes him look like crap "He was arrested twice in less than a year", however, what the reports, atleast from what I seen, dont mention is that the first arrest was by an offiicer who had a history of doing this to players and ultimately it was concluded that he did nothing wrong. 

If you take that into perspective then maybe this could be some sort of retaliation....or maybe Robby's wrong. Either way, fans dont have solid footing to make this kid out to be some sort of problem. There was no dash camera, no blood taken to see if he was under the influence, only the report of an officer and the fact that Anderson disrespected his wife. Maybe Robby did everything in the report, or maybe he's being ****ed with. 

Either way, it seems like Robby has no problems except when he goes back home, and the funny thing is, its not like he's with his homies or something. He's having run'ins and the first one was concluded as suspect at the very least. 

 

All im saying is to give benefit of the doubt here, not trying to say the dude is innocent or guilty, but Robby literally has no history of being a problem as a Jet. The first incident was on the officer.  Lets not forget that. 

Mods, im not trying to make this a big thing! For the record, only wanted to talk the facts and not make this more than what it is. I actually agree with Doggin that we need chill. Robby is a good player and as far as I can see isnt Sheldon Richardson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was up to me, I definitely cut him.

Then make a big push for Allen Robinson in FA and draft a wideout in the mid-rounds.

Robinson, Kearse, Enunwa, Rookie, Hansen and Stewart.

If Enunwa is healthy, that’s a pretty damn solid receiving corps if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

In this day and age this is probably realistic. Having bi-weekly scrapes with the law and commiting crimes are two different things, Major moral crimes such as rape or murder is on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. 

I think is this why @Doggin94it is telling folks to lay off dude. Some fans are acting like he's out raping or murdering folks every other week. 

Fans/media are great at making things bigger than what it should be. "Lets skip suspensions etc., lets just cut him". The dude had a run-in with the law. Matter of fact, instead of folks jumping to conclusions (in not saying you are....just generally speaking) I think that if fans are really concerned then what they should do is maybe approach it from the perspective of hoping that the Jets Front Office figures out why Anderson is having problems with the law in Florida. When you read the reports it simply makes him look like crap "He was arrested twice in less than a year", however, what the reports, atleast from what I seen, dont mention is that the first arrest was by an offiicer who had a history of doing this to players and ultimately it was concluded that he did nothing wrong. 

If you take that into perspective then maybe this could be some sort of retaliation....or maybe Robby's wrong. Either way, fans dont have solid footing to make this kid out to be some sort of problem. There was no dash camera, no blood taken to see if he was under the influence, only the report of an officer and the fact that Anderson disrespected his wife. Maybe Robby did everything in the report, or maybe he's being ****ed with. 

Either way, it seems like Robby has no problems except when he goes back home, and the funny thing is, its not like he's with his homies or something. He's having run'ins and the first one was concluded as suspect at the very least. 

 

All im saying is to give benefit of the doubt here, not trying to say the dude is innocent or guilty, but Robby literally has no history of being a problem as a Jet. The first incident was on the officer.  Lets not forget that. 

Mods, im not trying to make this a big thing! For the record, only wanted to talk the facts and not make this more than what it is. I actually agree with Doggin that we need chill. Robby is a good player and as far as I can see isnt Sheldon Richardson. 

The opposite side of the spectrum from antisocial behavior is not exhibiting antisocial behaviors, and we all gave him the benefit of the doubt after the concert incident. That was  literally 12 incidents ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

TLDR.  Anderson is a sh*tstain thug who will inevitably do something (probably soon) which will further embarrass us, and result in a suspension.

Cut him, don't cut him, whatever.  He's a decent, but not special, UDFA #2/#3 quality WR.  He can be replaced.

It's amazing, the lack of talent on O has made some fans actually think Robby f'ing Anderson is some legit talent, an irreplacable asset. 

Guess when you've eaten sh*t as long as Jets Fans have, even rotten meat looks tasty.....

Personally, I'd rather compete and lose with good people who represent us well, than win with scum.  We're not the f'ing Raiders and Bengals ffs.  And I think NOT doing so is why our team is the refuge of lazy, unmotivated, problem-children players that it is.  No standards, no leadership, and the players walking all over the Coach.  That's OUR Jets today.

I know it's super easy for us to find #2 WR's...it's not like we've had to make trades to find decent WR's like Brandon Marshall, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Percy Harvin, Jermaine Kearse. Of course we could always go back to the days of starting Chaz Schillens, Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates too. Maybe Greg Salas is available and does anyone know if Chris Owusu has the brain power to pick up a pen to sign another contract? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The opposite side of the spectrum from antisocial behavior is not exhibiting antisocial behaviors, and we all gave him the benefit of the doubt after the concert incident. That was  literally 12 incidents ago. 

Still waiting to know what anti social behavior he exhibited at a social concert event. No one knows. However, what we do know is what folks are also dismissing, hence why folks need to cut it out with cutting anyone. 

He did all this mess and no dash cam? Far as im concerned some evidence should be produced before the Jets do anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Still waiting to know what anti social behavior he exhibited at a social concert event. No one knows. However, what we do know is what folks are also dismissing, hence why folks need to cut it out with cutting anyone. 

He did all this mess and no dash cam? Far as im concerned some evidence should be produced before the Jets do anything. 

I know what you’re referring to and I see it every time I pass a traffic stop where I live. However, if you want me to give you a multi-year extension and millions of dollars, you need to figure out how the other 200 black athletes in the NY market manage to avoid getting pulled over every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know what you’re referring to and I see it every time I pass a traffic stop where I live. However, if you want me to give you a multi-year extension and millions of dollars, you need to figure out how the other 200 black athletes in the NY market manage to avoid getting pulled over every week. 

eddie-murphy-white-face-snl.jpg?w=638 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Cut him?  No.

Let him go when he hits free agency and get a comp pick?  yep

I like the cut of your jib. 

But he is an ass. He could have crashed into your mommas station wagon that night dogginit94 and killed her. How much of a fan would you be then? 

 

Also, its lame to have to defend a criminal by stating at least he "didnt murder or rape" 

In my community, that type of logic is unacceptable. In other communities its believed. 

Very sad. Oh well give me my comp pick if im entitled to one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know what you’re referring to and I see it every time I pass a traffic stop where I live. However, if you want me to give you a multi-year extension and millions of dollars, you need to figure out how the other 200 black athletes in the NY market manage to avoid getting pulled over every week. 

I think you do know what im referring to however, sometimes an isolated situation can be just that. Cops or black folks are not the borg, meaning that not every Cop has to be doing bad sh*t, nor does it mean that if something isnt happening to 200 other black folks that it must be Robby's fault. 

However, if that's the way Macc approaches that situation, Robby should immediately leave because that's all the confirmation you would need to why this organization is continuing to run so poorly. And I think once Cousins gets wind of that then the Jets will for sure be out of the Cousins race as well. 

All im saying is that the some evidence should be presented given the bogusness of the first run in. This shouldnt be about 200 black people, that's basic constitution sh*t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I like the cut of your jib. 

But he is an ass. He could have crashed into your mommas station wagon that night dogginit94 and killed her. How much of a fan would you be then? 

 

Also, its lame to have to defend a criminal by stating at least he "didnt murder or rape" 

In my community, that type of logic is unacceptable. In other communities its believed. 

Very sad. Oh well give me my comp pick if im entitled to one

He's an a$$.  If you cut him, he has a job tomorrow.   Let him go when he's no longer cheap, get a 4 or 5 or 6 or whatever, and move on.  Generally speaking, if someone is an a$$, giving them a few million dollars doesn't make them less of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think you do know what im referring to however, sometimes an isolated situation can be just that. Cops or black folks are not the borg, meaning that not every Cop has to be doing bad sh*t, nor does it mean that if something isnt happening to 200 other black folks that it must be Robby's fault. 

However, if that's the way Macc approaches that situation, Robby should immediately leave because that's all the confirmation you would need to why this organization is continuing to run so poorly. And I think once Cousins gets wind of that then the Jets will for sure be out of the Cousins race as well. 

All im saying is that the some evidence should be presented given the bogusness of the first run in. This should be about 200 black people, that's basic constitution sh*t. 

I’m sure the Jets and the League know a lot more about Anderson than we do, and that’s why a 6’3” receiver with great hands who runs a 4.3 went undrafted. I think Donahue should be cut and the Jets should make a show of it. I think, considering it’s a lost season, the Jets should look to move Anderson, if not outright cutting him. The permissiveness of this coaching staff has left this team in ruins, and it’s—for a million reasons besides—why they have no shot at Cousins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×