Brian Costello: "There has been heavy buzz here at the NFL league meetings that the Jets love Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield, and he is whom they want with the third pick in next month’s draft"

Jetsbb

53 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

If that's true then trading up from 6 was a waste.  Hope it's a smokescreen.

With all respect, there's a much better chance none of the 4 QB's were there at 6 than there is one.

and with that being the case the Jets had no choice but to move up...they couldn't take the chance and simply hope one falls.

I would put the odds very much in favor of all 4 QB's gone before 6.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Vader said:

Jets are insane to pass on Rosen. He’s the closest thing to Peyton Manning from style / technical standpoint you are going to find. The dudes father is a freaking surgeon. He’s got the arm, mechanics and brain.

And two concussions.

They would be insane to draft him.  IMO, he's the biggest risk of all 4 QB's.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Devils' advocate here...

What if the Jets really like Rosen and believe the Giants are considering Rosen but know Denver loves Mayfield.  Maybe they get Denver to panic, make a move up to two - so Denver takes Mayfield at 2 and the Jet get their man.

It's a reach and far fetched, but I'm trying!

But that's my point , if the Jets truly like Mayfield there's no reason for them to say so . All it does is hurt their potential ability to get him.  This is all smokescreen. 

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

But that's my point , if the Jets truly like Mayfield there's no reason for them to say so . All it does is hurt their potential ability to get him.  This is all smokescreen. 

Ah gotcha --- that is, of course, if you're assuming Bowles didn't just say something he shouldn't.  We know he's done it before...like naming a starting QB not under contract.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Only problem is, is Bowels actually smarty smart smart smart enough to give a smokescreen?

56 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Cool with me. Frankly, I think Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield will be good pros. (Hot take.)

Allen feels like Paxton Lynch who I called as a bust for very specific reasons. I think measurables are nice. Rather have a QB.

Allen’s ceiling is Jay Cutler. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

#6 and there may be no QBs left. All 4 could be gone. 

I wont lie though, the trade up looks a little like a panic move. Unless we’ve got 1 of the top 4 QBs rated really low. Allen is a project. Maybe Jets brass don’t see him as top 10. Hard to say. 

Just get us s guy who wins. Nobody will remember the cost.

I honestly don't see the cost as that high. A two and a bonus two (comped by getting Kearse) and next year's two. That's pretty reasonable. Jets still have six picks which should include a FQB. If not now, when?

24 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Keep in mind this is the same guy who announced Fitz as his starting QB while he was a FA

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Ah gotcha --- that is, of course, if you're assuming Bowles didn't just say something he shouldn't.  We know he's done it before...like naming a starting QB not under contract.

I'm sure if Bowles knows we're taking a QB , he has no interest whatsoever in day 1 of the draft. 

39 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

We don't need a diva for QB.  He constantly challenges coaches with too many questions.

Parcells once said the guys that think they are smarter than you never work out.  Pass.

Bowles needs to be questioned.

43 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Unless the other teams think that all the baker mayfield talk is a smoke screen, then they’ll think the jets really aren’t interested in him, only talking him up to get people to think they like him when they really don’t, Which could be the ultimate deception

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

Now I truley believe Allen or Rosen is who they want.  jets aren’t wreckless enough to let this come out . a month before the draft . 

I dunno. Seems like everyone and their brother on an NFL payroll knew Mac had a fat chubber for Hack.

Baker is IMO the best leader of the bunch. 

Mayfield may not have the upside of Allen, or throw the ball as well as Rosen, or be the "it" player like Darnold but Baker is going to be a success in the NFL, I believe you can bank on it.

He's a semi clown ... Watch the video of him dancing ... Him or Rosen .. Rosen by a mile ... But I do like Mayfield ... The question might become Mayfield or Darnold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Do we pass on the as*hole, Josh Rosen and go with the safe "leader" in Mayfield? 

Could end up being passing on Rodgers for Alex Smith. 

Will Bowles survive the Season?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME!

Why would you think he's a jerk? Just because he's smart and has a mind of his own? Isn't Mayfield worse if that's your criteria? I prefer Rosen, but either of these guys has the confidence to be a leader. Rosen could be like Aaron Rodgers - not sure Mayfield's ceiling is that high. I prefer Rosen, but would get behind either QB. 

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

We don't need a diva for QB. He constantly challenges coaches with too many questions.

Parcells once said the guys that think they are smarter than you never work out.  Pass.

And? I don't see the problem with that.

Not everybody is a mindless sheep/drone who can't think for themselves ??‍♂️

You guys are nuts if you really believe that Bowles would come out and hint at who our pick will be, if he’s talking up a QB, it’s a high probability that our #1 choice is someone else  - stop drinking the kool aid that Bowles is offering 

2 hours ago, Vader said:

Jets are insane to pass on Rosen. He’s the closest thing to Peyton Manning from style / technical standpoint you are going to find. The dudes father is a freaking surgeon. He’s got the arm, mechanics and brain.

Exactly, but people think he's a diva and not Mayfield. You can't make it up. IMO Brady is no different on the Pats. You need a talented QB to lead, not be buddy, buddy with everyone. If he wins everyone is happy. Rosen is smart and talented and will be in New York next year - just not sure if it's the Giants or the Jets. The players loved McCown last year. How many playoff games has he won?

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I dunno. Seems like everyone and their brother on an NFL payroll knew Mac had a fat chubber for Hack.

Nope don’t remember that being the case at all in fact I remember everyone being shocked when we picked him. Just like no one had clue we would take Adams and Maye last year ..  I’ll give the jets credit there draft info do not leak out like that .. 

2 minutes ago, TopCop said:

You guys are nuts if you really believe that Bowles would come out and hint at who our pick will be, if he’s talking up a QB, it’s a high probability that our #1 choice is someone else  - stop drinking the kool aid that Bowles is offering 

Its not nuts to think that an idiot might slip up. Guys a professional football coach that isn't a very good.. football coach. 

33 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He's a semi clown ... Watch the video of him dancing ... Him or Rosen .. Rosen by a mile ... But I do like Mayfield ... The question might become Mayfield or Darnold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Perhaps .....

I am teacher and I just think that what we think of as being a "clown" yesterday is seen in an entirely different context by Millennials, and those are now the majority of the today's NFL players..... :) 

Archived