Sam Darnold Reportedly Won't Attend Jets Training Camp with Contract Not Done

jetspenguin

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you.....

The third pick in the draft should wait until the No. 1 signs so that they can see what kind of offset language Mayfield received; that is all.

Ugh. We are left waiting on the competence of the freaking Browns to get our QB in camp...?

2 hours ago, slats said:

QBs usually get a little more than the slotted number. I don't know how Rosen did in that respect, but I'd guess they're waiting on Mayfield. Of course, Mayfield's team could be waiting on Darnold, too. Sam and Allen have the same agent, so they know what's going on there. 

This makes sense. Now if that 1st domino would just fall.

3 hours ago, slats said:

QBs usually get a little more than the slotted number. I don't know how Rosen did in that respect, but I'd guess they're waiting on Mayfield. Of course, Mayfield's team could be waiting on Darnold, too. Sam and Allen have the same agent, so they know what's going on there. 

QBs don’t get more than the slotted money.  Rosen signed for 4 for 17.5 with 10.8 signing bonus.  The money is the money, it’s a matter of how much they want in bonus and how the cap hit will play out over the next 4 years.  They’re all fully guaranteed deals.  I would guess 4 for 28.5 with a 17 million dollar signing bonus with no offsets.  

5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

The boy is about his money.....he knows how desperate we look.

It's probably about offset language, not the salary or bonus itself. Gotta love the typical Jets fan, falsely analogizing to Revis' rookie holdout which was all about salary.

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Frightening when u realize he's not even played a down of NFL football. My god, he could literally hang the cleats up tomorrow & be set for life! Better than winning the lottery. 

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

And then NFL.com just sends out misleading headlines...and other fan bases get a good laugh in. 

7732D116-3F08-445C-9299-B5B7D5425D10.jpeg

B931D829-1289-4C6A-B235-04F2F274295B.jpeg

My god haha. I thought Barkley signed so how hard could this be. Also strange that this seems to happen constantly around the NFL.

I also find it funny how people pounce on this to trash the JETS. I love this team haha and can’t wait to kick ass again and shut these front runner pu$$y fans of other teams up that don’t know the struggle of rooting for a team like the JET$!!!

In stark contrast, Teddy Bridgewater hobbled as quickly as he could to sign his $500,000 contract. 
I kinda want teddy to start the first few games before he's traded

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

BENEDICTA.jpg

Please. Benedict Darnold is so much better. 

SAR I

We have struggled with suggesting a nickname but this has a great ring to it. Sigh....I’m going to think Benedict Darnold from now on just because it’s so catchy and funny given this overblown situation that we are all having fun with overreacting to.

Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot)

7/24/18, 9:14 PM

Baker Mayfield's contract includes offset language, which protects the #Browns if he signs elsewhere before this fully guaranteed $32.68 million deal expires cleveland.com/browns/index.s…

Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer)

7/24/18, 9:19 PM

Offset language is a negotiating win for the team, even though it actually coming into play would be a disaster for everyone involved. twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/s…

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

QBs don’t get more than the slotted money.  Rosen signed for 4 for 17.5 with 10.8 signing bonus.  The money is the money, it’s a matter of how much they want in bonus and how the cap hit will play out over the next 4 years.  They’re all fully guaranteed deals.  I would guess 4 for 28.5 with a 17 million dollar signing bonus with no offsets.  

No, they do. I’m not looking up Rosen’s contract compared to others drafted in his slot, but I will say it’s possible that he signed a team friendly deal because he has plenty of money and wanted a PR win. 

4 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Mary Kay Cabot (@MaryKayCabot)

7/24/18, 9:14 PM

Baker Mayfield's contract includes offset language, which protects the #Browns if he signs elsewhere before this fully guaranteed $32.68 million deal expires cleveland.com/browns/index.s…

No shock that Mayfield’s deal includes offset language. That really doesn’t seem like a concern with Sam. If Darnold’s team is looking for a plus on their contract over Baker’s, getting a QB slotted deal done without offset language would be a win. 

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

It's probably about offset language, not the salary or bonus itself. Gotta love the typical Jets fan, falsely analogizing to Revis' rookie holdout which was all about salary.

actually that was sarcasm....if you read through the thread I said exactly the same thing. 

Archived