Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

On 9/6/2018 at 3:19 PM, Butterfield said:

Actually the Colts use gray in their facemask, so technically they are not two tone.

If the Jets went to kelly green and added a gray facemask ala the Namath uniforms, you're good. The Colts uniforms are pretty much flawless imo. Less is more. You dont see Alabama wearing hot crimson and black.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the Jets went to kelly green and added a gray facemask ala the Namath uniforms, you're good. The Colts uniforms are pretty much flawless imo. Less is more. You dont see Alabama wearing hot crimson and black.

While I don't really want all trendy rainbow uniforms or black uniforms, I also think the super traditional uniforms like the Colts are just boring and dated looking. Hopefully they will aim in between, but I have a strong suspicion that the QB Jerseys used this wee ARE the jerseys of one of the new uniform options. 

23 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Just saw this signed Sammy D silver Jet helmet for sale on internet. If this is the route we may be going for new unis, I like it.

IMG_7107.thumb.JPG.fa923d109b40a1c8705565f5cb5e634d.JPG

I like the grey. Not crazy about the two different greens. I'd want the facemask either white or the same shade as the logo and stripe. This is good though....

dark

• Upvote 2

I like the grey. Not crazy about the two different greens. I'd want the facemask either white or the same shade as the logo and stripe. This is good though....

dark

I think its the same color, the way light hits it and reflects it may look a little different but I agree with you it should all be that brighter green and it would look pretty badass.

I have so little artistic skill that it's even hard for me to imagine what something could look like...

But whenever I hear about uniform designs and changes my mind is always pulled to paint swatches that you can browse at a hardware store.

So when I think of "Jets" green, how far am I willing to go off the current color?

I think out of this limited selection I'd be okay with Kelly, Emerald, Forest, Jade - ish colors

Harlequin is too bright... Hunter is too dark... Fern is too dull.. Pine is too bluw.

Related image

• Sympathy 1

that's a good post.. you don't want the players blending into the grass color as well. 

I wouldn't do anything florescent or miami esc with mint..or turquoise.. 

Forest Green/Hunter/Kelly/Jade/Sea.. there's quite a few to choose from.  I'm tempted to try and make a uniform design for that uniform watch... I might take a crack at it.

12 hours ago, DMan77 said:

I have so little artistic skill that it's even hard for me to imagine what something could look like...

But whenever I hear about uniform designs and changes my mind is always pulled to paint swatches that you can browse at a hardware store.

So when I think of "Jets" green, how far am I willing to go off the current color?

I think out of this limited selection I'd be okay with Kelly, Emerald, Forest, Jade - ish colors

Harlequin is too bright... Hunter is too dark... Fern is too dull.. Pine is too bluw.

Related image

Great picture. The correct shade is "Kelly Green" Make it so.

On 9/6/2018 at 1:28 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah I'd agree on the green. It was fine back in the mid-late 90s when the country suddenly discovered hunter green and used it everywhere, but it hasn't been "in" for some time. Also agree on using black as the dominant color. I'm meh on the blue/gold, though to each his own.

But then I don't really care all that much lol. They could wear pink and purple plaid with a heart-shaped logo for all I care if they win a SB. OK maybe not that, but you know what I mean lol.

I would prefer a uniform with a lot of black in it,,,,, Black, Gun Metal Gray, and a highlight color thats not too ridiculous metallic dark green would work

• Thumb Down 1

when I first heard that they were changing uniforms next year, I was excited!  but after seeing the new Titans unis?  my Lord.....now I'm worried that some a$$ clown will do to ours what was done to the titans!!

I like our current uniforms, but LOVE the old 80s helmets much better.  I just don't wan a white helmet.  don't like the green jersey/green pants combo at all!  any other combo is fine.  

I really just A) don't want them to go back to anything "Titans of NY" crap.  UGLY.  B ) would like to see more black than white.  not too much, but similar to what the jets did in the early 90s:  black outlining of numbers/names, on the face mask, etc.  now if they go black jerseys/black helmets, then more green than white.  to me white is just so boring.  gotta have some color!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1