Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I own it, I was wrong.  I thought we'd stay white.

Thing is, I've known I was wrong for 6 weeks so today's leak isn't upsetting me as I've resigned myself and gotten comfortable with the green helmets.  And I do think this leak is legit as it feels like everything I was told back then.

SAR I

Yea i agree, i do think this is a legit leak as well, interested to see what they look like in person, im not in love with shine im seeing on the helmets and jerseys... makes me think of the super cheap crap jerseys id get playing in high school or independent leagues.   we'll have to see thursday though.  I really really wanted matte green helmets. 

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I just don't see why he would need to feel like he had to say anything. If this if the real leak then you would think the Jets PR would probably tell all of the players to stay quiet. They wouldn't ask the players to lie for them. 

why would he need to say anything?  why would he have any kind of social media at all?  I agree, being an older guy - nobody cares that you just took a dump in the bathroom 20 minutes ago and are going to the gym....but "these kids these days" are all into this crap and have to post about every little facet of their lives!

This looks like Anderson, Williams and Jamal should be on the right side of the logo in the middle.  Why would someone photo shop a leaked photo?  Unless there are players to the right of the logo it doesn't make sense.   

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg.ca2048de1f9c4256b9da0d6aec86deb0.thumb.jpeg.a0f8b664f9408e8817fb9d85fea0252f.jpeg

• WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

For the record, I think this is a fake.  It's well done in certain aspects, but if we're revealing jerseys, it's too dark and there is poor separation from the background.  Hard to even appreciate them.  Remember, they want you to buy these, and so you're going to get a great look at them when the time comes.  Also, the feet on the ground are photoshopped poorly.  I'd be willing to bet you could find the source images somewhere out there.

That said, if it is true, as stated I don't like them.  I think the design is somewhat poor, and frankly, I just liked the old uniforms.  These look like an expansion team.

Here's the thing, the Jets have been around a long time.  You see uniforms that look like this, with bolder lines and brighter colors from new teams.

You'd never expect the Bears, the Packers, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Giants, etc. to go with a look like this.  They stick with the classics, their history.  That's what the Jets should be doing.

• Upvote 1

The green/white combo uniforms look great. Great choice to go back to a lighter shade of green. I certainly hope that the all white and all green uniforms are still a staple - particularly the all white.

The black uniforms I am lukewarm about. I don't hate them but I do think they'll look better in-game, especially in a primetime night game.

The helmets are ehhhhh - I am fine with the green helmet (probably would've preferred matte, similar to the Vikings) but the logo I will need to see from other angles. From what I can tell in those pictures it could've been done better. 

Overall it looks like a solid job. I get what they are trying to do with the logo in terms of modernizing a classic logo. In my opinion, transitioning back to/incorporating the 80s logo on the helmet would've pulled the whole uniform with it's 'jetstream slashes' together.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

For the record, I think this is a fake.  It's well done in certain aspects, but if we're revealing jerseys, it's too dark and there is poor separation from the background.  Hard to even appreciate them.  Remember, they want you to buy these, and so you're going to get a great look at them when the time comes.

That said, if it is true, as stated I don't like them.  I think the design is somewhat poor, and frankly, I just liked the old uniforms.  These look like an expansion team.

Here's the thing, the Jets have been around a long time.  You see uniforms that look like this, with bolder lines and brighter colors from new teams.

You'd never expect the Bears, the Packers, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Giants, etc. to go with a look like this.  They stick with the classics, their history.  That's what the Jets should be doing.

The Patriots did and won 6 super bowls. Their "new" uniforms are now historic. Winning changes everything- GTFO.

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

For the record, I think this is a fake.  It's well done in certain aspects, but if we're revealing jerseys, it's too dark and there is poor separation from the background.  Hard to even appreciate them.  Remember, they want you to buy these, and so you're going to get a great look at them when the time comes.

Depends on the creative direction for the marketing. They’re selling an overall vibe. If you want a good look at the jersey, you go to the online shop images. This is a brand campaign image. 

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If you're one of Jerry's kids.

This is a piece of cake for anyone who works in PS.  Wrong

lol this is maybe your best volleyback in all the years I’ve been watching you pee down your leg here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

The Patriots did and won 6 super bowls. Their "new" uniforms are now historic. Winning changes everything- GTFO.

The Pats themselves don’t even like the updated uniforms. They just can’t change them because they’ve won in them. The old Pat the Patriot stuff sells more and the Pats would be wearing it if the NFL allowed it.

These Jets uniforms will get the 5 year minimum then be scrapped for a more normal, professional look.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Depends on the creative direction for the marketing. They’re selling an overall vibe. If you want a good look at the jersey, you go to the online shop images. This is a brand campaign image. 

it’s an internal pitch document. one of many iterative mock-ups they threw together. this was not meant for the general public at all.

34 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Someone mentioned that Adams is 5'11.  Darnold is 6'4".  Could be just how they proportioned it? Lol 

20147824-F29D-4B7C-AE3C-9DDC7349E0B7.jpeg

The photos are taken separately, then a designer puts them together in this composition. Grass is added. Shadows added. Background added. That’s why they don’t have a consistent light source.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Pats themselves don’t even like the updated uniforms. They just can’t change them because they’ve won in them. The old Pat the Patriot stuff sells more and the Pats would be wearing it if the NFL allowed it.

These Jets uniforms will get the 5 year minimum then be scrapped for a more normal, professional look.

Wrong on all levels 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What is not normal or professional of the look? The new logo while not drastic is a definate upgrade of the horrible one we have now.

The current logo is a mess with different type fonts, and too much overlap. The new one is just an iteration of our existing one that makes more sense and looks better but not a drastic department from what we have now.

The Jersey's are underwhelming, if anything they are too normal but they aren't bad.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

lol this is maybe your best volleyback in all the years I’ve been watching you pee down your leg here.

See the nonsense about your critique based on being a designer.  Well I've been a well paid photographer and a photo editor exusively in PS

You want to play the douche and argue something that you have no clue about go ahead. 

The only one peeing down his leg is the amateur who thinks this is complicated project and gets pompous about his own bs.  You have no idea what you're talking about

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The photos are taken separately, then a designer puts them together in this composition. Grass is added. Shadows added. Background added. That’s why they don’t have a consistent light source.

Because it's a shltty job.

4 minutes ago, funaz said:

What is not normal or professional of the look? The new logo while not drastic is a definate upgrade of the horrible one we have now.

The current logo is a mess with different type fonts, and too much overlap. The new one is just an iteration of our existing one that makes more sense and looks better but not a drastic department from what we have now.

The Jersey's are underwhelming, if anything they are too normal but they aren't bad.

They look like an off the shelf high school template. The stripes and the black shadow were big in the early 2000’s. The uniforms just look dated and meh. Like a rip off of North Texas. Jets had a solid professional look. 

If they wanted to change, whoever had that Adams photo that had been floating around forever with the old logo would have been perfect. This update just looks like 2003.

Edit this one:

DZtijEDWkAEZOtx.jpg:large