Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

23 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

me not giving a crap about the Jets has been going on for several years now, this only pushes me further away. At least when the Maple Leafs and Yankees suck they look good doing it. 

You don't give a crap about the Jets but visit a Jets fan site and comment on the Jets all of the time. Makes sense. 

30 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

A few comments on the leak:

The logo on the helmet is rinky dink and sucks

The '90's and Jerry Glanville called and want their black unis back

No more all whites????

On a positive note, I'm digging the shade of green

Lol there IS an all white, There are white JERSEYS and white PANTS...seriously guys. I think they are OK if real. Weird thing is that they really don't look like the uniform in the black and white teaser video. I guess its possible that these are mostly correct but there were some late minute changes. Still the "they are it" comments seem to outweigh the Adams tweet

Man it’s really going to suck watching Sam hand the ball off to Le’veon for a 50yd touchdown while he’s wearing these Awful uniforms. Who cares the teams getting better we’ve got an offensive minded HC,#3 overall pick and added the 2 best players in free agency. They could be wearing Legends Of The Hidden Temple shirts for all I care if we’re winning games 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have two sets of new uniforms ready for the reveal and they leaked this one to gauge reaction.  If we love it, it wins.  If we don't, they move onto the other ones.

Those crafty Jets.  Social media buzz and A/B testing all at once.  They'll be talking about this day in business schools around the world for decades.

SAR I

Infowars.com

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

Conflicting reports on these uniforms leave me skeptical but leaning towards fake. Connor Hughes says these are the jerseys, but Jamal Adams has said they are not and Leonard Williams liked a comment saying "these are probably fake why would Quincy be wearing under armour cleats?"

They're trying to save the event.

Last year the Jags unveiled theirs and Fournette was wearing Under Armour too.  Quincy has a contract with Under Armour.

Why it could be a fake

1. Doesn’t match the new era hat colors at all

2. Odd selection of players- no bell or Mosley 

3. No clear shot of helmet- you’d think at least one player would be holding the helmet 

4. Numbers don’t look that big 

why it’s probably real

1. Looks like a perfect photoshop job 

2. Uniforms look great 

3. If it’s a shop- what photo was shopped?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol there IS an all white, There are white JERSEYS and white PANTS...seriously guys. I think they are OK if real. Weird thing is that they really don't look like the uniform in the black and white teaser video. I guess its possible that these are mostly correct but there were some late minute changes. Still the "they are it" comments seem to outweigh the Adams tweet

allgreen.jpg

SAR I

5 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

I just feel like if these are legit..where are Le’Veon and Mosley?

The more I read the more I get the feeling that these are an earlier version of the concept but they probably haven't departed radically from it. Colors, Logo, and Number design probably all correct.

Just now, Mogglez said:

Last year the Jags unveiled theirs and Fournette was wearing Under Armour too.  Quincy has a contract with Under Armour.

So publicly tweet a lie to “save” an event that doesn’t need saving? Makes no sense 

3 hours ago, funaz said:

They leaked. Here they are:

4xm6o5g6u1q21.jpg

The more I look at them, the more I see them as just a natural extension of the 1990s Coslet to Kotite era of uniforms.   

If the 1960s throwbacks never happened, this is what the Jets uniforms would have morphed into this century.

• Upvote 1

Based on all of the verbal descriptions of the uniforms from various sources, including the Jets, that we've heard up until now, I'm going to throw my opinion in the ring and say these are NOT the uniforms.  

If they are, I would be mildly disappointed.  We were told there would be a bold change and this is in no way bold, and in fact, kind of boring. 

If they are legit, at least they didn't totally F them up as many including myself were concerned about, so there's that. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I don't think Jamal would lie and say these aren't them if the final version weren't a little bit different. I'm convinced this is an earlier version of the concept but the concept hasn't changed radically, someone has reported that numbers are on the sleeves so it's possible that these are very close with a few minor tweaks that are different. Hopefully they get rid of New York over the numbers, just looks weird and will look awkward on a jersey or t-shirt.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

So publicly tweet a lie to “save” an event that doesn’t need saving? Makes no sense 

Just now, Sully80 said:

I don't think Jamal would lie and say these aren't them if the final version weren't a little bit different. I'm convinced this is an earlier version of the concept but the concept hasn't changed radically, someone has reported that numbers are on the sleeves so it's possible that these are very close with a few minor tweaks that are different. Hopefully they get rid of New York over the numbers, just looks weird and will look awkward on a jersey or t-shirt.

They've all hyped up this event to an extreme extent, they're trying to keep the interest up.  It would be extremely embarrassing if no one showed up because they truly leaked the day before. 

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

This is how I feel, Jamal is pretty active on social media and responds to fans, people would give him a ton of crap if he flat out lied to save an event. Probably close to the final version but not 100% them.. I'd imagine the reveal will have Le'veon and Mosley in the jerseys as well. 

13 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You don't give a crap about the Jets but visit a Jets fan site and comment on the Jets all of the time. Makes sense. 

When it comes to overall lameness, Yeah that's up there with posting a "I'm leaving this board" post on a message board.  

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

logo on 'german hat' is similar to helmet logo, and font is the same.

the promo where they say it will be revealed on 4/4 - the slash is similar to the slashes coming from the shoulders of the jersey.

one thing i can't place is where they got jb smoove's tie color from - where does that factor in if at all?

7 minutes ago, Sully80 said:

You bring up a good point. The NFL requires numbers on the sleeves or shoulders. 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They've all hyped up this event to an extreme extent, they're trying to keep the interest up.  It would be extremely embarrassing if no one showed up because they truly leaked the day before. 

What? No one is going to the event- it’s a stream that everyone will watch regardless of this leak

Just now, Mogglez said:

I doubt people who have decided to go to this event are no longer going because the uniforms leaked the day before. Doesn't what you're describing sound like an NY Jets PR person's job and not Jamal's? I have no doubt he has interest in keeping the event as exciting as it can be but I doubt he'd flat out lie if these are in fact the final version of the uniforms. If they really were 100% the final version of the uniforms I doubt Jamal and Leonard Williams even address it. Why ruin your credibility over something that will be officially announced in the next 24 hours? That makes no sense to me, not enough that they "want to keep the event alive". I believe these are probably anywhere from 75%-90% of the final uniforms, could be a few minor changes revealed tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Why it could be a fake

1. Doesn’t match the new era hat colors at all

2. Odd selection of players- no bell or Mosley 

3. No clear shot of helmet- you’d think at least one player would be holding the helmet 

4. Numbers don’t look that big 

why it’s probably real

1. Looks like a perfect photoshop job 

2. Uniforms look great 

3. If it’s a shop- what photo was shopped?

Not getting the odd selection of players bit. The 4 in the middle, (Williams, Jamal, Sam and Q) are likely to be our 4 captains next year. Then they added 2 young offensive talents in Robby and Herndon to close it out. These pictures were probably taken before Bell and Mosely even became Jets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Why would Jamal Adams subject himself to a ton of grief from the fans by telling a lie that will be disproven the following day?  Seems quite silly and self defeating just to save the integrity of the "event," even though interest will be sky high with or without a leak. 

Another thing about the photo that is bugging me is the fact that there is no clear shot of the full helmet and logo which is not exactly the best way to model a new helmet and ultimately what is the true identity marker of the team. 

Just sayin. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not getting the odd selection of players bit. The 4 in the middle, (Williams, Jamal, Sam and Q) are likely to be our 4 captains next year. Then they added 2 young offensive talents in Robby and Herndon to close it out. These pictures were probably taken before Bell and Mosely even became Jets. 

There is nothing odd about this selection. They are also all draft picks so they are homegrown players.