Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

14 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Pretty clear the biggest disappointment for the masses is the logo/helmet.  I admit, it is plain.

Then lots of "one-thingers."  "I like them except for_______."  (one thing)

Seems like most dig the new color scheme.   I think the new green has life, the old green was flat.

I'm not seeing individual elements that make me happy/unhappy but rather the entire uniform as one cohesive presentation and something about it just works.  But breaking it down into elements:

Helmet:  Green looks sharp and the chroming is awesome.

Logo:  It's our trademark, its the same logo we took into Super Bowl III, it should have been expected all along.  We are named after a piece of machinery, folks.  Not a giant or a redskin or another warrior.  Not a lion or a bear or a panther or another animal.  We are all alone.  Named after a piece of old technology.  Short of changing the name there was no other way to articulate our brand identity.  Any illustration of any plane without the name 'Jets' on it would make it look like the person wearing the cap works for Boeing, not a fan of an NFL team.

Jersey:  The winglets or vapor trails look cool and make me think of flight, almost looks like a cape from some angles, again, about flight and motion, the uniform looks fast.

Pants:  Might have been nicer if they connected to the jersey, but then everyone would say how we copied the Broncos.

Socks:  We're going for the hip-to-toe look with the black and the green, and the white is straight out of the 80's look.

It works.  I like it.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Eric Allen from nyjets.com went out of his way to randomly mention "Gray" in a post about Sam Darnold. It was shoved in the post. It was weird.

Maybe that was a subtle way of the Jets denying that those were the real jerseys. Either way the gray comment was weird.

it is very weird. implying that like gate yanks grey aways the jets will have a grey element going on 

very strange comment from someone in the know

42 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Because modern uniforms are ass. People look to the Bears, Raiders,  Chiefs, Cowboys for great uniforms. All simple and classic. 

That's true, you can't go too modern.  But I don't think our new logo is in the same class as those team logos.  They all have logos.  Ours is Jets spelled out with a football.

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's what we just had since 1998, I put us Top 10 in the NFL.

The crying over the loss of the AFL classics took place in July.  It's April.  Comparing the new threads to all-time classics like the Raiders and Bears isn't the discussion.  We compare ourselves to a different class of uniform now, the modern class.

SAR I

We only had the classic look for 4 seasons.  They ruined them in 2002 when they introduced the pickle pants back into the equation.

May as well have something new if they are just going to bastardize the AFL/Namath look.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That's true, you can't go too modern.  But I don't think our new logo is in the same class as those team logos.  

I’m not too concerned about the logo though I wish the oval look more like a football (and not a rugby ball) like in the 1960s

7123_new_york_jets-primary-1970.gif

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I’m not too concerned about the logo though I wish the oval look more like a football (and not a rugby ball) like in the 1960s

7123_new_york_jets-primary-1970.gif

It is shaped like a football.  That's why we got all those football within a football jokes.  The previous  logo is an oval.  

7A6CFCD5-4421-4656-989C-6A135DC5AE8E.jpeg

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I was just think how cool it would have been to have the NYC skyline of buildings on the helmets ... I drove by MetLife in NY last year and wonder how it looked looking from stadium to the city if you can see the same skyline.

Anyway it would have been cool

thumb-1.jpg

That may be something hidden in that rendering, it looks like something is going on in the numbers on Jamal's chest.  Could be a woven tone-on-tone skyline in the fabric of the jersey somewhere too.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

Did anyone post that Jamal Adams is denying these are the uniforms on Twitter? I don’t have it in me to scour the 14 pages or so since I last checked in.

Also enunwa is kit wearing Nike or something like that. This is looking like a hoax guys.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He at first denied it and then backtracked a few hours later in a cute/coy sort of way.  As for wearing non-Nike accessories, it was shown that that's how the renderings were released for the Jaguars last year.

The Draft Cap leaked and the Uniform leaked.  Just like it did for every NFL team prior, no different for the Jets.  These are our uniforms and I like them.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Did anyone post that Jamal Adams is denying these are the uniforms on Twitter? I don’t have it in me to scour the 14 pages or so since I last checked in.

Also enunwa is kit wearing Nike or something like that. This is looking like a hoax guys.

Already been dissected but long story short Jamal first came out and said these weren’t real, then came out and said maybe they are maybe they aren’t, then came out saying we’ll find out tomorrow if he was just messing with us. Reeks of him trying to protect the reveal off the cuff then realizing he will face backlash by straight out lying that these were fake.

In terms of Quincy, he confirmed that he was allowed to wear his under armor gear for the photo shoot and said it took place months ago (hence the no Bell or Mosley) but wouldn’t outright confirm or deny the authenticity of these. Also, in the Jags uniform shoots two players were wearing under armor gloves and cleats so that isn’t a good reason why these are not real.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He at first denied it and then backtracked a few hours later in a cute/coy sort of way.  As for wearing non-Nike accessories, it was shown that that's how the renderings were released for the Jaguars last year.

The Draft Cap leaked and the Uniform leaked.  Just like it did for every NFL team prior, no different for the Jets.  These are our uniforms and I like them.

SAR I

Image result for drunk jets fan

Of course you do ?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

You’re like five hours behind. Adams has basically walked back that tweet, and when jags  released their uniforms the player photos had a player wearing under armor cleats and gloves. 

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Jets kept the uniforms under lock and key for how long?  Then 24 hours before they were to be introduced to the world...BAM!  I smell FAKE NEWS.

Could they have leaked it themselves just as last chance changes? Someone said perhaps they have another version but wanted to see reaction to the one they leak. Like perhaps while everyone was sucking up to Chris and Macc saying how great it was, maybe like a relative mentioned to one of them "woa really that's what you came up with? It looks like a crappier Version if what you got...(insert your own reaction of being let down) so then they were like ok well maybe we should have asked someone outside this room an opinion before deciding on the uniforms. I mean who would guess the guy sresponsible for extending bowles and a whole host of other crap, would at some point this hey maybe we might be wrong. Jesus Christ these damn uniforms. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

After taking everything into account so far, I believe those of us who aren't thrilled with these new uni's will be highly disappointed tomorrow.  I was hoping this was created to misdirect us but the leaked image was a pic taken by someone in the presence of that poster.  Not sure if this was mentioned earlier today but look at the full higher quality image attached.  You can see it was photographed behind glass.  On the left, you can see the reflection of light and of the guy taking it.  He's wearing a hat?  

7673DFCE-BAFC-455C-A4B6-CF1C76C0E4D8.jpeg

It the reflection off of the computer screen.

LOL, behind glass?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The logo is utterly terrible. I’m hoping it’s not. That looks like something from MS paint. 

Which is why I have serious doubts about this uniform.

Say what you want about out favorite team to bitch about but does anyone think that Nike, with 4 years to develop a logo took the "Jets" right out of the middle of our old logo, out of the EZ and just arched it on a green helmet?

And yes, it's arched.

• Upvote 1