Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

27 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I like the new green but I hope to god that helmet logo isn't it. If the are eliminating the "NY" on the helmet because they are based and play in NJ, that sucks. The word "Jets" in a crappy font with a little football under it is weak

image.png.e7fcb03b93de16a82c869e6124c9ca3d.png

I don't think that's the reason being the Giants play in the same stadium & their helmet has a Capital NY on it... but I do agree with the logo being utterly trash.

42 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

The problem with the “this is an amateur photoshop” take is that even if that were the case, whoever made this would still need to have pictures of these players in these stances to mock this up. I would think someone would have found the originals by now if they were on the internet. Of course this still doesn’t rule out the “earlier mock up” theory.

Thought that too.  Because, honestly, I feel like I've seen that Jamal Adams stance/photo before.  But, not going to do my own search.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I work in PhotoShop all day.  That's an amateurish PS job.  Seems odd that a Nike would put that shlt together.

Let's say you're in PS working on an elaborate graphic and you decide to put all the elements and all the layers onto the background for starters, just to get the sizing and the proportions right before you do all the actual work of final positioning, shadow alignment, retouching, etc.

And at that moment, nature calls, off to the bathroom you go.  And a delivery guy from Staples just happens to be passing by with his phone, sees something interesting on your screen, and in an instant snaps a photo.

That's what I think this leaked image is.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Just now, sourceworx said:

I didn't like the all green or the color rush. Both looked terrible. 

The white-outs were awesome though.

I never liked the white outs - until last year.  ironic as now we have changed, but I digress.  in the 80s, we had the green helmet, and the Jets basically used all white as their home attire, and I got sick of it.  but at least they had the green helmets.  but all white with a white helmet?  

but that Lions game....oh man, it's amazing how the face mask can make all the difference.  instead of the typical green face mask, they used white.  and I know this completely goes against my previous statement about wanting color, there was just something so cool about that.

anyway now we are done with that.  hope they just do the green helmet with black facemask and then whatever combo.  you know the jets - now that they have the third alternate, we will have 9 potential combinations now!  white/white, white/green, white/black, green/green, green/white, green/black, black/black, black/white, black/green.  I know they didn't show them all in that pic, but I could see it.  I personally hope they just stick with the combos from the picture, as I feel they are the best, but I'm sure they won't.

I mean I could ALMOST tell what game it was last year by just seeing a pic of a Jet in uniform - no opponent.  "oh white facemask, that's the Lions game"...."grey facemask, that's the Colts game"...etc  every game seemed like we had a different combo.  they are gonna market the hell outta this!

Well, the day is here everyone.  we made it.  For better or worse.

This thread turned into an absolute ****show the past week or so, but its been a ride for sure.

I'd still take this all over again over a QB debate.

Now whether good, bad or indifferent to the new design, lets start getting ready for the season and work to pile up those W's

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

I think we could have done without the black version, to be honest. I guess it's fine as an occasional alternate, but I'd rather go with the other two more often.

Agreed.  Black is a lazy choice for an alternate  Gray with those chrome Green helmets  would have looked awesome

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We have a big logo challenge too, people don't seem to realize this.

Unlike all the other NFL teams, the Jets and Browns have a unique problem.  Browns are named after a business executive.  Jets are named after a piece of 50 year old technology.  If we made our logo, say, an airplane, it's unidentifiable as an NFL team, could take 30 years for it to take root, and any cap you'd wear people might think you work for Boeing or an airline.  Airplane styling changes over the years, a stealth fighter would have looked cool in 1990, looks passe today, can't build a brand around a logo that changes all the time.  Military jet?  That's not the type of connection the NFL wants, war and politics, can't happen.  Some see a contrail or a wing as a solution, but that just looks like a diagonal line, it's not a brand.

We need the word "Jets" in whatever logo we choose.  So using "Jets" with an icon of a football is a good workaround for the problem we face.  And it's been working since 1964.  The Jets are one of the most popular and valuable franchises in all of professional sports.  People know our logo.

SAR I

what???  you can EASILY draw up a futuristic jet design that would last a century without it being "passe"

• Upvote 2

My biggest issue is the helmet. ( I actually hate the black too).  I would've liked it better with a white helmet and a green logo. This would've made the all white uniform ( when they wear them) look better. My opinion anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Agreed.  Black is a lazy choice for an alternate  Gray with those chrome Green helmets  would have looked awesome

I agree that gray would have looked better and made more sense, but black sells. Everyone has black in their wardrobe. Gray isn't a selling color. I am sure that $$$ was part of the decision making process unfortunately. 

Just now, Gibby said:

My biggest issue is the helmet. ( I actually hate the black too).  I would've liked it better with a white helmet and a green logo. This would've made the all white uniform ( when they wear them) look better. My opinion anyway.

Someone with photoshop skills.. get on it please. Can someone invert the colors so we can see them please? Not that it matters- still.

18 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Thought that too.  Because, honestly, I feel like I've seen that Jamal Adams stance/photo before.  But, not going to do my own search.

I think it's either part of an earlier proposal or legit. Too much PS work to do all that I think

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Take a picture of something on your screen.  I would think you'd see some pixelation at that close a range.  That perspective looks to be more like a poster or mural.  

How old is your computer?  LOL
Flat screen laptops don't pixelate 

It sure looks like a computer screen with the light corners cutting through

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Why are there 3 Jets prints on the helmet - 2 on the sides one in the front of the helmet. Seems like its screaming Identity Crisis.

Does it say Jets on the front?  It should say Riddell or the manufacturer.

13 minutes ago, NYJetsDaddy said:

I agree that gray would have looked better and made more sense, but black sells. Everyone has black in their wardrobe. Gray isn't a selling color. I am sure that $$$ was part of the decision making process unfortunately. 

I like the look of black but isn't it hot as hell to wear on a sunny day?  Wouldn't want to wear it in Miami, although this year it probably wouldn't make a difference.