***OFFICIAL JETS GAME DAY ASCENSION OF DARNOLD THREAD GET UP***

T0mShane

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

62 yards and an INT.

Comp % aside, not a good night.

He blew a read on 4th down in a bad situation; guy is a rookie.

Actually, of all the sloppiness, etc. I think Darnold has looked pretty damn good. Stands in, makes his reads, doesn't get rattled, some really nice passes and some pretty good pocket movement - that would be a good night for any Jet QB, but for a Rookie in his 2nd game and 1st start, damn impressive IMO.

Actually, of all the sloppiness, etc. I think Darnold has looked pretty damn good. Stands in, makes his reads, doesn't get rattled, some really nice passes and some pretty good pocket movement - that would be a good night for any Jet QB, but for a Rookie in his 2nd game and 1st start, damn impressive IMO.

The int wasnt really on him. They ran all hitches. He felt pressure and anyone who has ever played QB knows on 4th and 1 when you feel pressure you get rid of it no matter what. Terrible playcall by our supposed genius OC

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

I concur 

5 minutes ago, usapaw said:

It is just preseason and hopefully Sam learned some valuable lessons. 

I'm sure he will but he was missing his starting 

LT, RG, TE, RB WR (2)

Bowles said he got the start to see him go against a tough defense and that he will play in different times of games which means that teddy starts next week probably 

2 minutes ago, TnT said:

1st half recap:

Bad Oline played bad

Bad Dline gets no pressure

Darnold, best player on team

Lee, will be looking to improve pass coverage for 2019

Adams best player tonight not even close 

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

62 yards and an INT.

Comp % aside, not a good night.

In before the usual Ray Ray style hurfablurf.

On almost every single pass play there was a totally free Washington player.  I'd say he had legit good time to throw on maybe 2 plays.

Just now, HessStation said:

Oooh so you’re one of those weirdos who think Robbie Anderson is a #1 receiver. You’re funny.

He’s a good WR that can attack the defense down the field early and often. Just a nice weapon to have on the offense my friend. 

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I just had a massive rib eye myself.

i'm doing the carnivore diet for 4 weeks. Nothing but read meat and fish. No veggies, no bread, no cereal, etc. Steak for breakfast-lunch-dinner... it's been an interesting - on week 3.

I cheat with beer here and there tho :0

First half recap for @Patriot Killa who lives in the Everglades: 

1. Darnold showed good pocket awareness and movement within the pocket to avoid pressure. He made a few nice throws, but nothing really spectacular because...

2. The offensive line was being manhandled on almost every snap. Just physically brutalized.

3. The Redskins OL punished the Jets starting DL. Leonard Williams was stout on a few run plays, and is trying hard, but he’s out there by himself right now.

4. Darron Lee looked like he wanted no part of playing football tonight. Slow to diagnose, feet stuck in the mud, and straight gave up on a few plays.

5. Jamal Adams was a non-entity and his backups continue to flash more than he does.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

First half recap for @Patriot Killa who lives in the Everglades: 

1. Darnold showed good pocket awareness and movement within the pocket to avoid pressure. He made a few nice throws, but nothing really spectacular because...

2. The offensive line was being manhandled on almost every snap. Just physically brutalized.

3. The Redskins OL punished the Jets starting DL. Leonard Williams was stout on a few run plays, and is trying hard, but he’s out there by himself right now.

4. Darron Lee looked like he wanted no part of playing football tonight. Slow to diagnose, feet stuck in the mud, and straight gave up on a few plays.

5. Jamal Adams was a non-entity and his backups continue to flash more than he does.

Adams is a non factor except for his mouth.

First half recap for [mention=27611]Patriot Killa[/mention] who lives in the Everglades: 

I wish I could like this a million times.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived