Bridgewater & 6th Rounder traded to Saints for a 3rd Rounder

JetsFanatic

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ASH1962 said:

Yes you could have, but considering it is us, a 3rd is ok. You telling me Sam Bradford is better than Teddy? Phl got a #1 for the always injured stiff who is playing god knows where this season, and all we could garner was a 3rd? This is why I think we did this too soon. Devil's advocate would say what if no other QB gets hurt, we get nothing. To that I do agree, still have an empty feeling..

god you are such a negative nelly.  

7 minutes ago, kmnj said:

we all know mac will turn that pick into another guy that busts out

should have kept teddy and moved josh for a cookie

having teddy and sam around for the next 5-7 years would have been a great situation for us

There's zero chance anyone was trading for McCown at $10 million, and there's zero chance Bridgewater would re-sign as a backup for 5-7 more years.

3 minutes ago, thshadow said:

If it's "another element" that's not announced yet - it seems like it has to be another player (who hasn't been told yet).

If they have an abundance of olineman in camp and we picked up a depth guy that would be good.  Maybe they have a vet making $ and want to smooth the cap by giving back some cap dollars? one can only wish.

29 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

YES perfect landing spot for TBW, him and Sean Payton will continue to dominate offensively for 10+ years after Brees retires.

Yup. I like Brees and Bridgewater. They are good guys. Bridgewater can continue building strength in his knee. Brees can hand him the reigns.

Great outcome. Getting picks to replace what we traded for Sam is awesome too.

This was brilliant by both teams.  Someone on reddit wrote this "Yeah, but as the replies are pointing out the Jets have a ton of money so they'll be picking up a fair number of free agents meaning they likely wouldn't get the comp pick. So they trade Bridgewater for a pick they probably wouldn't get, and the Saints traded the pick knowing that they might get a comp pick next year for him if he doesn't stick around."  

So the Saints basically got an excellent backup QB for the 2018 Season and traded back a few spots in the third if they don't end up signing TB long term.

17 minutes ago, Paradis said:

for a 3rd?! Take that and ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun 

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 16m16 minutes ago

A part of the Jets-Saints trade for Teddy Bridgewater includes NYJ getting a third-round pick, per sources. There is another element to the deal though.

??  Could it be Jets get an additional pick if Saints resign TB as Brees eventual replacement?  

Archived