Darnold in a walking boot. Not practicing.

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best news I have heard all season. Let him rest.  Hopefully put him on IR. 

Yes, McCown could be the surprise qb and win a few games.  That is better than Darnold getting an injury or damaged that rolls into next season.   Winning a few games is a small price to pay for saving Darnold. 

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mac and Bowles seats are getting hot, so they tell Darnold he's got a sprained foot to avoid just outright benching him, then start McCown because he gives Mac and Bowles the best chance to save their jobs. Which hurts our draft position in a season we know we aren't making the playoffs.

Nail, meet hammer. This is such a transparent maneuver to fans that follow the team. Hope it gets these idiots fired. 

20 minutes ago, CTM said:

This seems as legitimate as Brady being on the injury report for a decade.

Not a bad thing to sit the kid but McNown will beat the bills for sure so that sucks in terms of Bowles future/draft position

Don't be so sure, lol. Squirrel..nut...Bills 27- Vikings 6.

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Nail, meet hammer. This is such a transparent maneuver to fans that follow the team. Hope it gets these idiots fired. 

not sure what's worse - the jets faking an injury or management believing they can save their butts by beating the bills with mccown.

Sam Darnold vs Dolphins

The Jets held practice today but Sam Darnold sat it out with a foot injury. On Monday there was no word of an injury to Sam Darnold.

These tweets from Manish Mehta and Brian Costello sum things up pretty well.

Visit our forums for updates and to read more about Sam Darnold’s injury.

The post Sam Darnold Misses Practice Due To Foot Injury appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
e8kGMBja-Bg

Click here to read the full story...

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Horsebleep...Darnold had a bad game, but that abortion of a game plan, the play calling, and complete lack of offensive weapons is what caused it. Darnold does not need to regroup, he needs better support starting with a complete clean of house. HC, GM, football operations, all GONE. Hire a director of football operations, stay the bleep out and let him build a real structure, a modern philosophy and a winning team

Exactly, I would have loved to see McCown vs Vikings (without Robby & Q), vs Bears on the road and then at Miami killing our Oline rushing 4.

It really pisses me off because here comes McCown getting to play the worst team in the NFL other than the Cardinal/Raiders, and Q & Robbie are now 2 weeks in from their injuries. Now I want them to lose just for the sheer fact it will expose Bowles for what he is, probably the worst coach in the NFL other than Vance Joseph or are they the same guy? 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Exactly, I would have loved to see McCown vs Vikings (without Robby & Q), vs Bears on the road and then at Miami killing our Oline rushing 4.

It really pisses me off because here comes McCown getting to play the worst team in the NFL other than the Cardinal/Raiders, and Q & Robbie are now 2 weeks in from their injuries. Now I want them to lose just for the sheer fact it will expose Bowles for what he is, probably the worst coach in the NFL other than Vance Joseph or are they the same guy? 

just think of it this way - if the jets somehow lose this sunday, there will be an onslaught to fire bowles during the bye week and they won't even be able to blame this one on starting a rookie qb.  by benching sam with this injury they've gone all in with mccown.  

53 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I might watch this week now.  Offense will be fun w/ mccown in there.  Robbie Anderson might go for 150 and 2 tds.

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

LOL

This is actually probably pretty accurate. McCown and Anderson had a solid connection last year.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

LB you say?

T. Bowles

oh sh!t, Bowles has visions of his pass rusher.... lol

34 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it will also be interesting to see how the offense does with mccown b/c if they still can't move the ball well it will shift focus off of playing a rookie qb all season.

This really does work into the fans favor to lose this game with McCown starting. Sam has avoided so many sacks running for his life the last 3 weeks, does the old man McCown get through Sunday without getting banged up? I'm seeing a couple pick, maybe strip sack fumble. 

You know damn well McDermott is gonna play loosy goosy from the get go. He really has nothing to lose, going for 1sts on 4th down ect. All out blitzes, anyone that thinks even with McCown this is a gimme hasn't been paying attention to how close Jet games are vs crappy teams! Usually always within 1 score, the opener in Detroit was a complete fluke.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

just think of it this way - if the jets somehow lose this sunday, there will be an onslaught to fire bowles during the bye week and they won't even be able to blame this one on starting a rookie qb.  by benching sam with this injury they've gone all in with mccown.  

Thing is, if the offense looks functional it'll be easy for Todd to point at the QB position and say "not my fault, I had to play the rookie".

9 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Bettors should jump on that Jets +8

Lol, you do know McCown hasn't played a game this year & our Oline is a sieve. Bills sacked the sh*t out of Cousins & we barely sniffed him. Any given Sunday, especially division games between 2 crappy teams. 

38 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Horsebleep...Darnold had a bad game, but that abortion of a game plan, the play calling, and complete lack of offensive weapons is what caused it. Darnold does not need to regroup, he needs better support starting with a complete clean of house. HC, GM, football operations, all GONE. Hire a director of football operations, stay the bleep out and let him build a real structure, a modern philosophy and a winning team

so let me guess, you'd keep him out there running the horsebleep of an offense and getting him clobbered?  i don't think so.  we all knew it would be a trial by fire but continuing to force him to make lemonade out of lemons isn't good for anyone.  imo it's okay that he sits and thinks about his play and the play of the team.  darnold will be better able to handle whatever he has thrown at him in the future.

So Bowles "coaching malpractice" gets worse:

- He allows Long to play and after seeing he still is affected by his hand
he leaves him in until the last drive of the game.  Giving MIA an advantage
on every offensive snap of the game because each one screwed up the timing
and Darnold

- Now I wouldn't be shocked if Darnold's foot sprain came from chasing down
one of those wild snaps.  Thankfully it's not serious but Bowles needs to go

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Thing is, if the offense looks functional it'll be easy for Todd to point at the QB position and say "not my fault, I had to play the rookie".

Bills gave Cousins all he could handle, stripped him of the ball & harassed him pretty good. Trubisky runs like a RB so Bills D couldn't compete. Josh will be a target behind this Swiss cheese Oline. The Jets aren't close to the teams kicking the Bills azz. 

Archived